Trading according to Karthiks strategy..

Does ATP method is prfitable for your trade?

• Yes

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Not all the time

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bro, candle is red & asked u to go short no matter its closed below or above ATP....pl Karthik confirm....
As per my understanding, after touching ATP line & closing of red candle means short below its low AND if the candle is green, then go long above its high

Biswajit Das

Bro, candle is red & asked u to go short no matter its closed below or above ATP....pl Karthik confirm....
As per my understanding, after touching ATP line & closing of red candle means short below its low AND if the candle is green, then go long above its high
then sorry amitsh27 for my incorrect understandings.....my thought was wrong....thanks

Biswajit Das

I am a learner.....not an expert.....always trying to learn.....so I am visiting TJ regular basis.....I support amitsh27 statement (his statement is also supported by anup, starter of this thread)..... now I am confused after reading of Mr. karthik's details of ATP system.....copy paste here......I have no any intention to mean it other way......I must have to clear my doubt....what Mr. karthik_sri is saying.....
Mr. karthik's posts in TJ
Hi PT,
Yes you can...one simple method...take the avg price of highly traded scrip from NSE website under Equity. Plot the Avg Price in chart and set the time frame to 15min (intraday trading). Wait for the candle to touch the Avg Price plotted and if the 15min candle closes above/below place your buy/sell above/below the high/low of the candle.

The stop loss would be High/Low of the touching candle.

Exit keep as a fixed % or amount. But trust me u can earn Rs.1000/- every day. But to be traded only on the Highly traded scrips.

Cheers!
Karthik
20th may 2012

PT Bro,
Yes...we are dealing only with the Avg Price of the previous day and if the 15 min price candle/bar closes above the avg price u need to enter on the trade. But this is for Intraday only based on yday EOD avg price.

Yes NO TA/FA as u said....just playing price close above the close of previous Avg Price.

Cheers,
Karthik
20th may, 2012, post no 24

Yes...but 15min candle/bar should close over/below the ATP of yday. Then initiate the trade on the Low/High of that candle and stop loss is Low/High of the candle.

Hope clarifies. Will try to post some chart if u permit.

Cheers,
Karthik
Hi Mech,
This chart will answer your question.http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3149/aban280512.png
condition 1). We enter trade when candle touches the Avg Price.
condition 2). We initiate trade buy/sell if the touching candle is closed above or below the Avg Price.

If SL hit you can. But as my rule i trade one trade per day if it is loss also i dont initiate another trade with the same scrip.

Hope clarifies...

Cheers,
Karthik.
28 th may,2012

Biswajit

Last edited:

Biswajit Das

I have observed that if a stock is opened above ATP and staying above it for couple of hours, then longs can be played for intra gains....mirror for shorts.....your inputs pls??
then how u will discover ur trigger price......at which price action u will consider to trade.......etc. try to find out solution then ur observation will be right for u and me and others......thanks.:rofl: