Traderji Trading Competition 2012!

Traderji.com Trading Competition

• Yes. That would be great and I'd love to participate.

Votes: 37 84.1%
  • No. Competition in trading is unhealthy.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Maybe - sometime in future I'll participate.

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a lovely forum among us and provides a very good platform. But I've never seen anything new since a long time - all usual chit chats.
Lets do something new in this new year - it's high time we start this trend here in India - something which separate the wheat from the chaff:

Traderji Trading Competition 2012

• A Real trading Competition (on NSE/BSE) with REAL Money
  • REAL Stats
  • REAL account statements from brokers.
  • REAL certificates from Brokers

We can contribute some amount to join/enroll in the competition - the pool amount can be given out as 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes w.r.t to the trader's ROI.

Traderji.com can get major publicity via other media in prize distribution event.
Win for All. What do you say?
Let's discuss, get more suggestions and draw the outlines.
Jot down your ideas friends ↓

Good idea. This will prove beyond doubt that trading can be profitable and also show what heights one can go in % returns on one's capital.

I offer following sugestions.

1) We can have daytrading and swing trading as separate groups.

2) Trading can be allowed in F&O or cash markets in scrips which are F & O scrips. This will avoid trading in penny/illiquid scrips.

3) We can take stock of the results on the last day of F & O settlement.

4) People should be free to choose any capital starting from say Rs 1 L to Rs 10 L .....the performance will be measured based on % age returns on capital. This will ensure that even small traders with 1 to 1.5 L capital can participate.

5) There should be separate trading account only for this competition trades. We cannot handle " this is my trading trade and this is my investment or long term trade kind of bifurcation ". Trader can specify what starting trading capital he is trading.

6) We can have a small entry fees and the first 3 winners share it in 50:30:20 % proportion. Alternatively many brokerages, software developers,data vendors will be willing to sponsor the prizes like Laptops, I Phones, Tablets etc.

7) Trades of the participants and their performance should be kept confidential. This is a healthy competition and we can post results of first 10 winners. But it should not be used for one up man ship and rediculing others who did not do well for whatever reasons.

These are some of the points which came in mind....can always be discussed and improved upon.

Smart_trade

SavantGarde

Here I would like to add for the purpose of auditing the accounts

a) Metatrader Platform from a Broker who offers both NF, Equity & Stock Futures
b) Uniform Notional amount across all participants
c) To Add their account on myfxbook with all aspects of the account open for Public Viewing

Adding the account on myfxbook has an advantage where they have something called 'Compare' and for all the accounts 'Added To Watchlist' can be compared although there is a limit of about 5/6 accounts can be compared in a single viewing...which shouldn't be difficult to compare accounts of all the participants in the Contest.

All The Very Best To Everybody

SG

yusi

While you are giving this thought, it may be helpful to glance over a precedent called The Race in another respected traders' forum. That event has completed its life-cycle; so whatever form common opinion takes this idea, there will be many overlaps with what has happened there.

SexyTrader

So when do we start competing ? I'm on if the PRIZE MONEY is HUGE :D :p

Let the games beginnnnnnnn :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.