To Think or Not to Think

Neat stuff , absolutely amazing ... many of these puzzles took me more than hours to solve. here are a few more ... take your time but be the first

Which is correct:
The Second Millennium began on Jan 1 2000
The Second Millennium will begin on Jan 1 2001

Find the last digit of summation of the series:
199 + 299 + 399 + 499 + ……… + 9899 + 9999

Find the smallest number such that if its rightmost digit is placed at its left end, the new number so formed is precisely 50% larger than the original number.

murthymsr

Neat stuff , absolutely amazing ... many of these puzzles took me more than hours to solve. here are a few more ... take your time but be the first

Find the last digit of summation of the series:
199 + 299 + 399 + 499 + + 9899 + 9999
1, there are 99 terms, each ending with 9 .......

Another classic

A girl goes into a shop to buy sweets. She uses a Re 1 coin and buys 40p worth of sweets. The shop assistant gives her two coins for his change.

One of them was not a 50p so how could the Girl have gotten her exact change?

pkjha30

Which is correct:
The Second Millennium began on Jan 1 2000
The Second Millennium will begin on Jan 1 2001
Third mellenium began on 1 Jan 2001.So both are wrong
Pankaj

murthymsr

Another classic

A girl goes into a shop to buy sweets. She uses a Re 1 coin and buys 40p worth of sweets. The shop assistant gives her two coins for his change.

One of them was not a 50p so how could the Girl have gotten her exact change?
yes, the other was! :)

pkjha30

Find the smallest number such that if its rightmost digit is placed at its left end, the new number so formed is precisely 50% larger than the original number.
answer is 285714

A little programme for you Adil, extract and run to get the answer :)

Pankaj

Last edited: