To Think or Not to Think

pkjha30

sorry pankaj , i think sum(x) is more of a user defined notation. well all i can say is im looking for a better answer , i have two answers both of which use simple maths. once u all give up i can let out the answer
Sum is a mathematical/statistical notation just as factorial.
You are looking for
SQRT(.2 ^ -2)
Pankaj:)

If 6 x 4 = 12
8 x 6 = 32
11 x 8 = 66
then 10 x 10 = ??

Few years ago, a Law teacher came across a student who was willing to learn but was unable to pay the fee. The student struck a deal saying, "I would pay your fee the day I win my first case in the court". Teacher agreed and proceeded with the law course.
When the course was finished and teacher started pestering the student to pay up the fee, student reminded the deal and pushed days. Fed up with this, the teacher decided to sue the student in the court of law and both of them decided to argue for themselves.
Did the teacher make the right decision? Will he get his fee from the student?

You have 13 balls which all look identical. All the balls are the same weight except for one. Using only a balance scale, can find the odd one out with only 3 weighings?

In Laloo's family, each son has the same number of sisters and brothers. Also, each daughter has twice the number of brothers than sisters.
How many sons and daughters does Laloo have?

A fly is flying between two trains, each travelling towards each other on the same track at 60 km/h. The fly reaches one engine, reverses itself immediately, and flies back to the other engine, repeating the process each time.
The fly is flying at 90 km/h. If the fly flies 180 km before the trains meet, how far apart were the trains initially?

aad

Few years ago, a Law teacher came across a student who was willing to learn but was unable to pay the fee. The student struck a deal saying, "I would pay your fee the day I win my first case in the court". Teacher agreed and proceeded with the law course.
When the course was finished and teacher started pestering the student to pay up the fee, student reminded the deal and pushed days. Fed up with this, the teacher decided to sue the student in the court of law and both of them decided to argue for themselves.
Did the teacher make the right decision? Will he get his fee from the student?
Yes !! If teacher wins the case (I don't know how), court will compel student to give the fees and if teacher loses the case, the student, having won his 1st case, is liable to pay the fee to his teacher.

So... chit bhi meri, pat bhi meri !!! :)

Abhay (AAD)

aad

You have 13 balls which all look identical. All the balls are the same weight except for one. Using only a balance scale, can find the odd one out with only 3 weighings?
Assumption : The odd ball has less weight (u can assume it to have more weight also... logic will remain the same)..

Keep 1 ball aside and weight 6 balls against other six balls. If scale remains stationary, the ball which is kept aside is the odd ball.

I know we are not so lucky to get the jackpot in the 1st run... so, the result of the 1st weighing will show mismatch. Select those 6 balls which weighed lower than other 6, divide them into 3 on one side and 3 on another. This is your 2nd weighing.

Select the 3 balls showing lesser weight. Keep one of them aside and weigh remaining 2 against eachother. This is your 3rd weighing. The one which shows lesser weight is the culprit. If both show same weight, then the ball that you kept aside is the odd ball.

:confused: :confused:

Am I right ??

Abhay (AAD)