Thoughts on Risk Management

.........yes u r right,i was an ego maniac..........so far knowledge is concerned,
........now i am a failed man........just run some project. After my mother's death.......i promise to throw that problem,........many yr of study in chess/bridge.......long stay in market........have created what i am.
if u have time........just read my last thread.
I am sure that u cant be a failed man. In chess u remember your best matches? many of them were lost matches!!! even your opponent sincerely told you that sheer luck on the day saved him? so how can a best thing/work that is even considered by opponents be a failure? ego is natural to almost all human beings. without ego there is no life. no progress

continue to charge in your path with all the force you have. let the time and history decide you were failure or success etc.

wishing you all the best

I had no time, still my last thread is too tempting to avoid reading it!!!!

Last edited:

tnsn2345

I have got the idea, some description, details of the book etc. I was looking for the e-book copy. In case you have e-book link pls post.
No idea of the ecopy of the entire book, but you could still find it somewhere on the net.

Alternatively, visit Crossword and you can read the entire book over there itself (it's so small). That's what I did first. A few days later I bought it to add in my collection.

Regards,

tnsn2345

Originally Posted by oilman5
.........yes u r right,i was an ego maniac..........so far knowledge is concerned,
........now i am a failed man........just run some project. After my mother's death.......i promise to throw that problem,........many yr of study in chess/bridge.......long stay in market........have created what i am.
if u have time........just read my last thread.

I am sure that u cant be a failed man. In chess u remember your best matches? many of them were lost matches!!! even your opponent sincerely told you that sheer luck on the day saved him? so how can a best thing/work that is even considered by opponents be a failure? ego is natural to almost all human beings. without ego there is no life. no progress

continue to charge in your path with all the force you have. let the time and history decide you were failure or success etc.

wishing you all the best

I had no time, still my last thread is too tempting to avoid reading it!!!!
Dear Friends,

Though the above discussion and me addressing this is out of context of what this is thread about, still a word from my side could add value:

Be focused
Keep things simple
Follow Kaizen - continuous improvement
Adapt to change (Again a very small book - "Who moved my Cheese?", would help)
And most importantly, keep :)

Regards,

Dear Friends,

Though the above discussion and me addressing this is out of context of what this is thread about, still a word from my side could add value:

Be focused
Keep things simple
Follow Kaizen - continuous improvement
Adapt to change (Again a very small book - "Who moved my Cheese?", would help)
And most importantly, keep :)

Regards,
thanks for reminding me on the topic of thread, but i feel you may excuse me wearing the red hat at times!!!
oilman5 is highly respected person by many experts in this forum, that prompted me to do the same!

tnsn2345

thanks for reminding me on the topic of thread, but i feel you may excuse me wearing the red hat at times!!!
oilman5 is highly respected person by many experts in this forum, that prompted me to do the same!
Dear Vijay,

I guess you got me wrong, infact I too felt like giving a non-subject related comment for the sake of wellbeing of participants here. The only difference between us and our counterparts in the jungle is we are social.

Regards,

p.s. Also guess you have had a good glance at the concepts of "Six Thinking Hats" as you mentioned '..wearing the red hat...', kudos. If you can adapt this concept in your trading profession, you can effectively address many areas viz risk, money management through this.

Last edited:

oilman5

since discussion turns controvertial due to me...........let me tell all,.........i am old now...........success dont attract now,.......In my younger days ,whether clearance of Upsc,national chess & bridge..........i was B grade,......perhaps in single field it would have better........since i enter market 1990-91,and enjoyed TA learning.......may have got some AV success in trading,as i worked as small project manager,.....a project takes normally....2/3 yr..........i have seen different type of life,work in private-govt & then undertaking.........have seen manifestation of indian life.
Now comes -side,being trying to upper grade,........i am not at all best in anything,......as i was before computer age/given priority to understand human nature...........a not so good in representative skill.
Since 2003,.........due to some injury...........i have occational memory lapse problem.
i know what i was..............at present not even 10% of my memory/sharpness,......
so i sometime play chess/bridge to keep myself happy........probably i have not learnt any thing new apart from some job/finance in last 7 yr.
Similarly i feel achiever's curse ........as next generation potential /view on life different.
So i know........i am nobody now...........and help sometime someone knowledge........
................this fact of life i shall carry .........
regards to all

since discussion turns controvertial due to me...........let me tell all,.........i am old now...........success dont attract now,.......In my younger days ,whether clearance of Upsc,national chess & bridge..........i was B grade,......perhaps in single field it would have better........since i enter market 1990-91,and enjoyed TA learning.......may have got some AV success in trading,as i worked as small project manager,.....a project takes normally....2/3 yr..........i have seen different type of life,work in private-govt & then undertaking.........have seen manifestation of indian life.
Now comes -side,being trying to upper grade,........i am not at all best in anything,......as i was before computer age/given priority to understand human nature...........a not so good in representative skill.
Since 2003,.........due to some injury...........i have occational memory lapse problem.
i know what i was..............at present not even 10% of my memory/sharpness,......
so i sometime play chess/bridge to keep myself happy........probably i have not learnt any thing new apart from some job/finance in last 7 yr.
Similarly i feel achiever's curse ........as next generation potential /view on life different.
So i know........i am nobody now...........and help sometime someone knowledge........
................this fact of life i shall carry .........
regards to all

dharma, artha, kama , moksha.

nobody knows the secrets of the lord,

me too fast running (or trying to run) in the paths u have already run.

pls guide and continue to share the experiences when you get time

for none is/can too sure of the future !!!

I guess both tnsn25 and oilman5 presently in mumbai have small town backgrounds