Thoughts on Risk Management

oilman5

Basic of breakout trade is some market condition.
Also some stock sp behavior.........this 2 i say as SET UP.
now in set up , u take a position............
mind it, its a potential........so failure of not happening is high........key word is how handling resistance,.......go to smaller time frame,......just see how things r unfolding.
.........so potential candidate has high probability or lower one ,u can follow.
BOOK loss on failed one,
Now the key.........while wide bar forming in your expected direction simply buy in BIG volume.
Example......see HPCL eod,........position at 340-350 to be added to make quickly 100/- per share.
regards

Thoughts on Money and Risk Management. Money Management is simple if we create a rule and strictly follow it with extreme discipline. Everything will become confusing if we do not maintain extreme Discipline. I follow a simple Money Management technique, and stick to it, at any cost. I made a Risk to Reward Ratio at 1:2. I maintain 5 p.c. Stop Loss and 10 p.c. gain. I never put in more than 10 p.c. of my equity in one counter. When there is a loss in one counter, I take a gap of 10 days to re-enter provided signals are good. I only invest those money which if lost doesn't change my lifestyle. I lost money on various occasions, but only to my Risk to Reward Ratio principle, but I am still comfortable trading due to the fact that I do make lot of winning trades also. Its my R-R ratio that helps me stay in trade.

ranger123

Thoughts on Money and Risk Management. Money Management is simple if we create a rule and strictly follow it with extreme discipline. Everything will become confusing if we do not maintain extreme Discipline. I follow a simple Money Management technique, and stick to it, at any cost. I made a Risk to Reward Ratio at 1:2. I maintain 5 p.c. Stop Loss and 10 p.c. gain. I never put in more than 10 p.c. of my equity in one counter. When there is a loss in one counter, I take a gap of 10 days to re-enter provided signals are good. I only invest those money which if lost doesn't change my lifestyle. I lost money on various occasions, but only to my Risk to Reward Ratio principle, but I am still comfortable trading due to the fact that I do make lot of winning trades also. Its my R-R ratio that helps me stay in trade.
What you doing, successful traders fellows do after many years of experioence. You are going exactly by authors thinking what is writtne in books by successful traders. How you can do this wonderfuly, without emotional sentimental things in your mind. You must be god only I think.

Thank you.

DanPickUp

Basic of breakout trade is some market condition.
Also some stock sp behavior.........this 2 i say as SET UP.
now in set up , u take a position............
mind it, its a potential........so failure of not happening is high........key word is how handling resistance,.......go to smaller time frame,......just see how things r unfolding.
.........so potential candidate has high probability or lower one ,u can follow.
BOOK loss on failed one,
Now the key.........while wide bar forming in your expected direction simply buy in BIG volume.
Example......see HPCL eod,........position at 340-350 to be added to make quickly 100/- per share.
regards
Hi Oilman

Do not take this personal but it seems that you like the word KEY ? Don't you.

It reminders me about a trading teacher I had many years ago and there have always been " That is the key and that is the key " in his teaching.

After a few months I asked him once : My teacher, I have now so many keys :confused:and the way you explain them, they all must be the holy grail keys. Which one do I have to use now to never make a mistake in trading ?

First he locked at me very angry:annoyed: and then he started smiling and gave me a little push.

Then he told me the following thing :

"You are right. There is no real key. There are only sums of data and information's which give us for a certain trade enough cross over information to be more sure, that the odds are in our favor to take the trade."

Like I say, do not take it personal but I had to write this here after reading your post, which by the way all are always ambitious to read.:clapping:

Thanks for the time and willingness to take the time to write such posts.

Take care

DanPickUp

oilman5

[B]...........let me tell all,.........i am old now...........success dont attract now,.......In my younger days ,whether clearance of Upsc,national chess & bridge..........i was B grade,......perhaps in single field it would have better........since i enter market 1990-91,and enjoyed TA learning.......may have got some AV success in trading.
know what i was..............at present not even 10% of my memory/sharpness,......
so i sometime play chess/bridge to keep myself happy........probably i have not learnt any thing new apart from some job/finance in last 7 yr.
Similarly i feel achiever's curse ........as next generation potential /view on life different.
So i know........i am nobody now...........and help sometime someone knowledge........
................this fact of life[/B]

so i try to help though nobody can help one unless change happens from innerself.
Its the confidence.........one should have to take the trade ,actually price behavior study @one time frame lower than ur trading choice ,helps to understand whether potential Resistance can be broken or not.
btw Danpickup ,ur view is true .thanks again

Hi Oilman

Do not take this personal but it seems that you like the word KEY ? Don't you.

It reminders me about a trading teacher I had many years ago and there have always been " That is the key and that is the key " in his teaching.

After a few months I asked him once : My teacher, I have now so many keys :confused:and the way you explain them, they all must be the holy grail keys. Which one do I have to use now to never make a mistake in trading ?

First he locked at me very angry:annoyed: and then he started smiling and gave me a little push.

Then he told me the following thing :

"You are right. There is no real key. There are only sums of data and information's which give us for a certain trade enough cross over information to be more sure, that the odds are in our favor to take the trade."

Like I say, do not take it personal but I had to write this here after reading your post, which by the way all are always ambitious to read.:clapping:

Thanks for the time and willingness to take the time to write such posts.

Take care

DanPickUp
dan,

thanks for sparing your valuable time. quite some time i have no news from oilman,tnsn. I also busy somewhere else for sometime. So we have resume our interactions on Risk Management again. Pls set some new directions, where we all can have meaningful deliberations again. Thanking you once again

ranger123

dan,

thanks for sparing your valuable time. quite some time i have no news from oilman,tnsn. I also busy somewhere else for sometime. So we have resume our interactions on Risk Management again. Pls set some new directions, where we all can have meaningful deliberations again. Thanking you once again
Yes Vijay, I agreed with you, now some senior fellows are not coming here very much, must be busy trading and earning money. But we can also do what these fellows do and that is focussing on what we learnt here and implementing it.

As I has said I started Options trading and it is now one month over, I has now started getting confidance to increase my quantity as told by senior traders on TJ. Mostly my expeerionce in Options has been nice only but I need some help in risk management in Opitions because it is very very danagerous to trade in it, I has read it every where so I has to learn Risk managment in Options, Senior traders pls share your valuable inputs for our good outputs.

Thank you and best of luck.

DanPickUp

Hi

As learning is not only taking, I recommend, you give us once a risk management plan from one of your planed trades or like ranger always speaks, about one of his so successful already did option trades which he now in quantity want to increase.

I already made the experience in traderji, that some fellow PAPER TRADERS WITH THE BIGGEST MOUTH AND NO REAL EXPERIENCE here search for cheap charlies, which hopefully make there trading live easy by not having to do there own work.

This post gives already information, most of you do not know.

http://www.traderji.com/risk-money-management/33990-thoughts-risk-management-11.html#post454471

Even then, nobody of you showed any plan of money management. There is every thing in traderji. Just search for it and use your brain.

Many of you do surely not belong to them and so it will be no problem, to show us what kind of risk management plan you had in your last, so successful trades, you now want to increase in quantity.

I then, or other ones can discuss about it or make at least some points, where it would have to be improved.

Laziness was never a good idea to become successful in trading or in any busyness.

Why did some of your fellow people become some of the richest people in the world ?

Did they just ask or did they may also bring some results to the final result ?

My name is DanPickUp

Have a nice weekend

Last edited:
Hi

As learning is not only taking, I recommend, you give us once a risk management plan from one of your planed trades or like ranger always speaks, about one of his so successful already did option trades which he now in quantity want to increase.

I already made the experience in traderji, that some fellow PAPER TRADERS WITH THE BIGGEST MOUTH AND NO REAL EXPERIENCE here search for cheap charlies, which hopefully make there trading live easy by not having to do there own work.

This post gives already information, most of you do not know.

http://www.traderji.com/risk-money-management/33990-thoughts-risk-management-11.html#post454471

Even then, nobody of you showed any plan of money management. There is every thing in traderji. Just search for it and use your brain.

Many of you do surely not belong to them and so it will be no problem, to show us what kind of risk management plan you had in your last, so successful trades, you now want to increase in quantity.

I then, or other ones can discuss about it or make at least some points, where it would have to be improved.

Laziness was never a good idea to become successful in trading or in any busyness.

Why did some of your fellow people become some of the richest people in the world ?

Did they just ask or did they may also bring some results to the final result ?

My name is DanPickUp

Have a nice weekend
hi DanPickUp,

I could not make out anything from this post. is it a reply to somebody's post? or you want to make a general accusation of the community around you? still your one line "Laziness was never a good idea......" stands out from the rest of the blog.

Thank you