Thoughts on Risk Management

tnsn2345

oilman & tnsn2345,

linkon suggested me a site for traders. Have your ever traded on large volumes for companies?
Dear Vijay,

Couldn't understand your question on site for traders. Even for the second part are you refering to trading large volumes on behalf of some company (if yes, then answer is no) or trading large volume on some company's stock (if yes, then what is your definition of large, if you can elaborate, maybe I can comment)

Regards,

Dear Vijay,

Couldn't understand your question on site for traders. Even for the second part are you refering to trading large volumes on behalf of some company (if yes, then answer is no) or trading large volume on some company's stock (if yes, then what is your definition of large, if you can elaborate, maybe I can comment)

Regards,
definition on retail trade (As per my view of things and only example purpose)

1. portfolio size is small (less than one cr in indian market and 1 Lac $ in US mkt)

2. full beneficiary is trader himself (He dont share the profits anywhere, except may be some PMS fee etc)

As opposed to this, institutional trading is

1. portfolio size is large (100 cr in indian mkt, 10 M in US mkts)
2. Lot of dealers working on the porfolio building and maintenance
3. benefits are shared between the institution and individual traders
4. systems are run on the basis on risk mgmt systems.
5. traders are supported by tools and techniques of trading.

This is not an exclusive definition, but i hope it has given you some idea about what is in my mind.

oilman5

oilman & tnsn2345,

linkon suggested me a site for traders. Have your ever traded on large volumes for companies?
yes once i traded in large volume.....2003-04 only 1stock its RUCHI SOYA.
yes it was cornered by me (85-90/). within some month with double 150/+
i distributed it.
this is the only occasion.
in 2006........i have taken 9000 call of a stock which is less sold.But that is different speculation
now i dont do reckless trading.,also afraid in big size

tnsn2345

definition on retail trade (As per my view of things and only example purpose)

1. portfolio size is small (less than one cr in indian market and 1 Lac $ in US mkt)

2. full beneficiary is trader himself (He dont share the profits anywhere, except may be some PMS fee etc)

As opposed to this, institutional trading is

1. portfolio size is large (100 cr in indian mkt, 10 M in US mkts)
2. Lot of dealers working on the porfolio building and maintenance
3. benefits are shared between the institution and individual traders
4. systems are run on the basis on risk mgmt systems.
5. traders are supported by tools and techniques of trading.

This is not an exclusive definition, but i hope it has given you some idea about what is in my mind.
Dear Vijay,

I guess you are looking for some information on jobs/opportunities at prop trading desk with some broking companies. I don't have much information on this though.

I have not undertaken any work for an institution or a company, so will not be able to comment much on this front.

Regards,

alroyraj

Oilman how to trade breakout? When to enter and exit. Entry is harder to identify before that hugh wide range bar,what are ur views? How to identify stocks for this method.I have learnt a lot from u views. Also exit take place on first sign of weakness I have learnt in hindsight, since am new to this style of trading. Additionally guide me on some additional material on this.

oilman5

dear Alroyraj,
yaap i believe & traded this .......basically potential intermediate term trade.
since u have asked.........see Chola......its move from 62/-------90/-- presently 150+
case 2.........MERK........build up 410/-.........presently 750
case 3........apollo hospital..........u can see all cases in EOD & weekly chart.
basically its @potential resistance how its happening ........that chance of wide bar......and follow thrugh.
Actually to study failure , u can see abhishek .......18/- break out attempt failed , presently 16/+.
i have studied this through tradingmarkets.com in 2002

oilman5

comments on threads
1] only 2 vendors i utilize........viratechindia & abatrossoftware/chartguru.......
i dont use any backfill etc,......brokers terminal 5paisa/ventura1/indiabulls i use.
Reason i reqd.......some bias/edge to trade, which r normally fulfilled .

oilman5

thread 2, i dont trade option.........sorry no comments.
thread 3, stoploss trigger works well in indiabulls. for others 2, reverse order to be placed.

oilman5

4th one.........here cv's view is right.
define ur purpose,......i prefer meta/omni.
my experiment with adgeteod/mtpredictor not good.
since studying beyond technical analysis/creating some condition for biases r helpful.
I do some preliminary check through equitymaster.com
on experimental basis to create EDGE ,WAY TO TRADE........pl follow.
Personally i give immense stress on psychology/probabilistic analysis .
hope it helps