Thomas DeMark Sequential System

playing the field with TDST

this is UNION bank intraday 3min chart

as u can see trying for an up-move didnt succeed at the yellow down arrow which eventually breached the TDSTBLUE. After a little side move the stock finally breached TDSTRED and kept moving down for the rest of the innings...

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/8izzto88u4htfnq1apek.png

i took help of pivot points to see more support and resistance lines.... the stock easily breached R2 and closed near midway of R2 and R3....

Last edited:

sanjosedesi

TDST red lines are support lines and blue lines are resistance lines. TDST blue line above the red line means market is in uptrend and the dips/declines are corrective movements. TDST red line above the blue line means that the support has been broken and new support yet to be formed and resistance lines are shifting downwards.....soon a new red line below the blue line will get formed.
My observation: TDST lines get revised only when a setup is complete. If the setup keeps on getting interrupted, then even though you can visually see a clear cut support and resistance, the TDST lines will not change, but thats the nature of the beast (demark indicators) - signals are rare.

Smart traderji if you could pls comment on my post no 390... The help would be really useful in my understanding of the system.... Thank you

but buy setup didnt complete till 9 bars... so i understood wrongly?:(

that means as soon as buy set up starts from bar 1 itself the entire previous setup gets cancelled!!!

i am attaching here with chart which shows no setup in opposite direction is complete... pls guide

When a current sell set up and countdown phase is in progress, if before the completion of 13 sell countdowns a set up in the opposite direction gets completed then the sell set up and countdown gets cancelled.( we need full 9 completed bars of buy set up )

I can see a buy set up completed and a blue TDST line formed on the extreme right side which cancels the sell set up and count down . This cancellation however does not cancel TDST, they remain till breached....

Smart_trade

Hypothetically say the buy setup didnt occur than in that case would my markings be qualified as correct? Asking you this so that i atleast understand the basic rules needed for the system... Even take a look at the top of the chart i have written rule based on which i have made the markings... Are they correct?

Hypothetically say the buy setup didnt occur than in that case would my markings be qualified as correcy?
If you have marked Sell Countdown bars, then 1 and 2 are wrong....they dont fulfil the condition of C > High of bar 2 bars back.

Smart_trade