Systems for three market types- trending, nontrending, volatile

Every Traders ultimate aim is to minimize risk to the possible extent and increase the profit to the extent possible..The technique here is one of such wonderful and awesome way of trading which provides huge gains with almost no risk.

To be called as a simple but a great method,it has to have following ingredients.

1.Simple (Every one starting from a kid should be able to understand it)
2.Risk should be Minimal.
3.Reward should be substantial.
4.Stress should be minimal.
5.It should have worked over the period of time (statistical edge)
6.It should be adaptable (Tradeable on any Time frame and in any conditions).

Further, the caliber of a trader or a businessman is judged not only by his profitability but also by looking at the risk he undertook to achieve that profit figure.

To all these questions,the answer was “Trading Inside Bars “ .If an amateur comes and says “I don’t know trading but I want to start trading profitably.Tell me something worth to do it“, Right away tell him to start trading with “Inside bars” as it is not only simple to understand but also as simple as it to trade.

The trading world has given so much importance to outside bars that Seldom
the “IB” got the due it deserved.

Assumptions and beliefs

1. An IB indicates a remote activity within the timeframe of its construction.

2.Hence an IB, most of the times either indicates accumulation happening at the end of a substantial down move or an accumulation in midst of a rally or

3.Distribution happening at the end of a substantial up move or distribution taking place in midst of a substantial down move.

4.The high of an IB is considered as an upper boundary

5.The low of the IB is considered as a lower boundary and

6.Breakout on any side is an indication that a particular party has taken over the charge by breaking the boundary or

7.In case of false breakout ,it is understood that the party which broke the boundary first is defeated and the opposite party has taken over the reins.

Qualification:

To be qualified as an Inside Bar popularly known as an IB, a bar has to have its Open/High/low and close within the body of its preceding bar.

In the above example we have bar "A "and bar "B".Bar “A “is called mother bar and bar “B” is called as an Inside Bar as its
high ( 1.3200) and low (1.3100) are contained
within the high and low of mother bar “A”.

Next we come to a breakout bar .

A breakout bar is a bar which breaks either the high or low of the IB as the case may be.

In the above noted example Bar
“C” is a breakout bar since it has broken the high of IB.

Hence a mother bar,An inside bar and a
breakout bar are the essentials parts of trading this technique.

Trading the Inside bar:

As
soon as an Inside bar is formed , we keep 2 pending orders of equal quantity .

A. A
buy order above the high of an IB .

B. A
sell order below the low of IB.

Scenario 1: When the high of the IB is broken: The Buy order gets
triggered and pending sell order will be modified with double the qty of buy
order.

Exa: We kept 1X Quantity pending buy
order at A and 1X quantity selling order at B.Now 1X quantity buying order gets triggered.Hence 1X quantity selling order
is modified to 2X quantity of selling order to be kept as SAR ( Stop and reverse )

Scenario 2: When the high of the
IB is broken and then price reverses and breaks the low of the IB.:When the
high of the IB is broken 1X quantity of buy order gets triggered.When price reverses and breaks the low of IB, 2X quantity sell order gets triggered and hence we have 1X Quantity sell order as net position.Now we place 1X quantity as pending buy order above the high of Breakout bar.

Lets take below illustration. The bar "C breaks high of IB at 1.5050.Say we have 2 lots of pending buy orders got executed. Now we place 4 lots of pending sell orders below the low of IB i.e:at 1.4990.

Price reverses and breaks the low of IB at 1.4990.Now 4 lots of pending sell orders get triggered and now we have 2 lots selling orders as net position.We place stop above the high of bar C @ 1.5080.

Scenario 3: When the low of the IB is broken: The sell order gets
triggered and pending buy order will be modified with double the qty of sell
order.

Exa:.1X quantity of selling order gets triggered.Now 1X quantity of buying order
is modified to 2X quantity of buying order to be kept as SAR ( Stop and reverse)

Scenario 4: When the low of the
IB is broken and then price reverses and breaks the high of the IB.:When the
low of IB is broken 1X quantity of sell order gets triggered.When price reverses and breaks
the high of the IB 2X quantity of buy order is triggered and hence we have 1X quantity buy order as net
position.Now we place 1X quantity pending sell order below the low of breakout bar "C".

Covering:

The most wonderfull
character of this technique lies in its R:R:very often we get to have trades of
1:5 ,1:10 R:R .Considering this fact 50% of the positions are covered at 1:3 and 25%
at 1:4 and rest till trend exhausts.

As we know the exit part is the one subject which cannot be defined universally.It is a combination of several factors hence I would say each trader can cover the positions according to his own established disciplines.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion

1.It is a simple technique both for understanding as well as trading.

2.No stress as rules are clearly defined upfront.

3.Risk to Reward is awesome .

4.Can be traded on anytime frame.

5.Can be used for both scalping (5 Min TF to 1 Hour ) and swing Trading ( 4 Hour TF to monthlY.

Courtesy : http://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/fx-article-contest/?Trading-Inside-Bars&action=read&id=401

is anyone using the ib in insolation without considering the location etc of ib on any tf for nifty or stocks or commodities. if yes please share your reviews .

rgds

sumit

raul12

Multi Screen Method.

Timeframe is : 1 hour

Indicator : MACD histogram.

MACD "+" HTF
Apollo Hosp
Century Textiles
GodrejInd

MACD "-" HTF
Apollo types
Divis Lab
Eicher Motors
Grasim
Federal Bank
Hindalco
IRB
Justdial
SKS Micro
Pls explain the Multiscreen method so that we can understand how you arrived at the above mentioned stock list.

Also I'd request you to share a good method or link for multi-time frame analysis using Trendlines, if possible.

suri112000

Pls explain the Multiscreen method so that we can understand how you arrived at the above mentioned stock list.

Also I'd request you to share a good method or link for multi-time frame analysis using Trendlines, if possible.
If your favorite time frame is 1 hour, then decide your direction on daily timeframe. If daily TF is negative, look for short trades on 1 hour TF as long as daily TF is holding negative.

By following this system, you have a luxury of tight stop losses, and a wide profit booking targets.

suri112000

NO NEED of TECHNICAL ANALYSIS
NO NEED of FUNDAMENTAL
NO NEED of ANY BODIES ADVISE
NO NEED of ANY TIPS
NO NEED to WATCH MARKET EVERY TIME
NO NEED EVERY DAY TRADING
NO WORRY ABOUT STOP LOSS
NO WORRY ABOUT MARKET CRASH
LOSS IS VERY LESS
PROFIT IS UNLIMITED
ONLY 3 TO 6 TRADING IN A MONTH
DO AND SLEEP AND ENJOY

LONG STRATEGY
01.BUY NIFTY FUTURE+BUY PUT OPTION (IN THE MONEY OPTION OF NEXT MONTH WHEN VIX IS LOW OR FALLING)
02.BUY NIFTY FUTURE+SHORT CALL OPTION (IN THE MONEY OPTION OF NEXT MONTH WHEN VIX IS HIGH OR RISING)

SHORT STRATEGY
01.SHORT NIFTY FUTURE+BUY CALL OPTION(IN THE MONEY OPTION OF NEXT MONTH WHEN VIX IS LOW OR FALLING)
02.SHORT NIFTY FUTURE+SHORT PUT OPTION (IN THE MONEY OPTION OF NEXT MONTH WHEN VIX IS HIGH OR RISING)

MOST OF TIME I WILL HEDGE SAME MONTH NIFTY FUTURE AND NEXT MONTH NIFTY OPTIONS(EXAMPLE OPTION PRICE IS AT 200, ONCE NIFTY MOVE 200 POINTS AND ABOVE I WILL ONLY EXIT NIFTY FUTURE, AND NIFTY OPTION I WILL KEEP PENDING BECAUSE THAT IS MY PROFIT. THERE IS MANY CHANCES MARKET TO GO REVERSE THEN I BOOK GOOD PROFIT)

IT IS AN EXAMPLE MY CALL GIVEN IN A FORUM
ENTRY ON Oct 12, 2010 - 01:02 PM
BUY NIFTY FUTURE AT 6100(OCTOBER)+BUY 6200 PUT AT 205(NOVEMBER)
LOSS BELOW 40 POINTS PROFIT 200+ POINTS TIME FRAME OCTOBER EXPIRY

EXIT (01) ON Oct 14, 2010 - 09:22 AM
BOOKED NIFTY FUTURE AT 6310

EXIT (02) ON Oct 14, 2010 - 02:37 PM
BOOKED 6200 PUT AT 155

PROFIT AND LOSS
NIFTY FUTURE GAIN 6310-6100=210 POINTS
PUT LOSS 205 -155 = -50 POINTS

TOTAL GAIN 210-50 = 160 POINTS

INVESTMENT RS.40,000/= MAXIMUM
2 DAYS RETURN 160 POINTS X 50 = RS.8000/=
BROKERAGE RS.300 MAXIMUM
NET GAIN RS 7700/= WITHIN 2 DAYS

Courtesy : Asaraf

suri112000

I've been trading the US Stock market for a while.

5-10% per month (after commissions and tax) is possible with two strategies atleast, that I'm comfortable with in the US Stock market:

- When VIX is high, sell vertical spreads or iron condors (that's a combination of two vertical spreads), primarily on index etfs.
- When VIX is low, buy calendars and possibly, hedge with a butterfly. Again, only on index etfs, or the index directly.

For the Indian stock market, I'm assuming things are the same. As I am a newcomer to the NSE and BSE, I'm hoping to learn about what is and is not possible here.

Courtesy : sumotrader

=========================================================

It is definitely possible to make 5 to 10 % per month on your trading capital but it is not simple...it is tough, it requires plenty of work, discipline,mental qualities and a strong will to succeed. It is not that you have a formula...go on trading and make 10% pm

Just to give you an idea of what is possible in trading,a good future trader after 3-5 years experience makes 15-20 % per month. I have seen exceptional traders making 55-60% per month never risking more than 1.5 % of their trading capital on any single trade. All this in real time trades reporting....but they are just too good.....

With these benchmarks we all should try to improve our performance....no way an easy task...but then anything too good is never too easy in life....

Courtesy : Smart_trade

amandeep86

Suri,

How your experience trading 123 pattern ,Which TF is suitable for Intraday .

What is the exception when this pattern has higher chances of Failure?

suri112000

Suri,

How your experience trading 123 pattern ,Which TF is suitable for Intraday .

What is the exception when this pattern has higher chances of Failure?
1-2-3 pattern is basically trend reversal pattern though occasionally it is spotted in trend continuation too.

In intraday you have to have laser sharp decision making and execution. 5 min or below is okey with this pattern. There is no problem with entry as it is well defined. The problem is with exiting the trade. Exits based on trailing stops, fixed targets, partial exits and trailing remaining position, stoploss are to be choosen carefully as per market volatility.

One of the trickiest part with this pattern is when we are in a trade, there develops an opposite set up before hitting our stop loss or profit exits. This is where our experience comes into rescue. A broader view of the market will help you in managing your trades in such circumstances.

suri112000

Enhancing Option Management Skills

The reality is that positions will go against us and you must learn how to adjust option trades and become a flexible trader.

Adjusting an option position really is an essential skill for any trader – it is, infact, a mandatory requirement. Properly managing risk by adjusting can help you repair strategies that have gone wrong, limit huge losses or even create additional potential gains.

Yes adjusting positions can add to your bottom line sometimes – but your goal is always first to stop the bleeding.

It’s important that you know both HOW to adjust an option trade and that you are aware of the additional broker commissions you will be charged to exit/enter additional contracts.

Take your time when adjusting so that you don’t adjust and create an even bigger hole from which to dig out of.

The objectives of adjustments are :-

1. To reduce the risk
2. To shift the risk
3. To lock in potential gains
4. To lower position cost

suri112000

30 Nov 2015 @ 3:20 PM (Monday)
(Dec series started on 27 Nov 2015 ie today is 4th day. Expiry is 31 Dec 15)
Nifty @ 7925 (spot)

Iron Condor was placed as follows :-
(1 lot each ie 75 qty)

8200 CE Dec 15 Long @ 53 (third execution)
8000 CE Dec 15 Short @ 127.85 (First execution)
7900PE Dec 15 Short @ 103.05 (Second execution)
7700 PE Dec 15 Long @ 48.75 (fourth execution)

Net credit received - 129.15 (ie 74.85 call side and 54.30 put side)
Capital in the account - 86,000
Margin blocked = 41,000
credit received =9550

Follow up

01 Dec 2015 @ 3:21 PM
Nifty Spot @ 7955.

(None of short strikes threated. so, no adjustment)

03 Dec 2015 @ 09:55 AM
Market opened a Gap down and now trading @ 7883

Adjustments done

Buy 7800 put @ 82
Short 7900 call @ 133

07 Dec 2015 @ 09.25 AM
Nifty spot @ 7820

adjustments done (profit booking)
Square off (Sell) 7700 put @ 63.35
Square off (Buy) 8000 call @ 58.00

fresh adjustment
Buy 8000 call @ 58.00

Time : 03:20 PM
Nifty spot @ 7764
Square off (sell) 8200 call @ 12.60

fresh adjustment
Sell 7900 call @ 74.55
buy 8000 call @ 42.70 (A new and additional credit spread on call side)

09 Dec 2015 @ 3:20 PM
Nifty spot @ 7614

Exited whole of the position. Made Rs.5419.