Intricacies of forex trading and systems. Let's discuss.

What time frame do you trade?

• Total voters
There are a lot of members here who have been trading forex since quite some time. And all of us have experience and knowledge that'll only increase by sharing. I tried to find a forex thread for strategies / timeframes / risk management and various things but only found a few which were dormant.

This thread is for discussing our strategies and how we trade forex, it's not a get rich quick scheme and we understand that. Let's help others do the same.

I have been trade forex since 2 years and have blown up multiple accounts in the first six months looking for a proper guidance or mentor. I have studied myself in due course and done my work, and now understand how it all works but learning is a never ending process. I request the members to discuss in this thread various tools and strategies and whatever you find to be of value in trading forex.

I personally am a 3rd year engineering student and pursuing my CFA (chartered financial analyst) side by side along with trading forex. I like swing trade, mostly take daily or weekly positions in micro or mini lots. I started with a account of 100$ because I believe if you can't double a 100, you can't double a million. I mostly trade major pairs with technical indicators only, no fundamentals. I use moving averages and oscillators to check for trends and breakouts and taken position accordingly. I'd be happy to discuss more about my strategies in this thread if anyone is interested.

Please do share your valuable inputs.

Hi kartik, i am new to forex trade and just started , are you doing all currency pairs? Or the only ones recommended by rbi like EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY and INR pairs? Which broker u r using?

Hi kartik, i am new to forex trade and just started , are you doing all currency pairs? Or the only ones recommended by rbi like EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY and INR pairs? Which broker u r using?
Hi rajdeep, I'm using Alpari and I trade only eur/usd , gbp/usd and usd/chf. No inr pairs as they're not volatile enough for intraday trading.

Hello Karthik,

I am following Forex for last one year. But lacking a proper trading method. I have blown arond 30-40$ right now. I like to trade in small amounts. Swing trading. I have an account in RoboForex and IQ option.

Can you help me with some of your strategies. I am not looking for big money. This will be like an alternative income for me.
And also I would like to develop an application for those who are like minded.

But what I am lacking is strategies.

I trade on weekly and monthly basis. I love to trade in any timeframe above 4h. I think the candlesticks of these timeframes show good trustability which is a thing to be required by every trader. I always go with the long-term trading on every platform. Thanks!

Hello Karthik,

I am following Forex for last one year. But lacking a proper trading method. I have blown arond 30-40$ right now. I like to trade in small amounts. Swing trading. I have an account in RoboForex and IQ option.

Can you help me with some of your strategies. I am not looking for big money. This will be like an alternative income for me.
And also I would like to develop an application for those who are like minded.

But what I am lacking is strategies.
Hi! Sure I can help you get the basic ones if that's what you mean? PM me and we can see further. :)

There are a lot of members here who have been trading forex since quite some time. And all of us have experience and knowledge that'll only increase by sharing. I tried to find a forex thread for strategies / timeframes / risk management and various things but only found a few which were dormant.

This thread is for discussing our strategies and how we trade forex, it's not a get rich quick scheme and we understand that. Let's help others do the same.

I have been trade forex since 2 years and have blown up multiple accounts in the first six months looking for a proper guidance or mentor. I have studied myself in due course and done my work, and now understand how it all works but learning is a never ending process. I request the members to discuss in this thread various tools and strategies and whatever you find to be of value in trading forex.

I personally am a 3rd year engineering student and pursuing my CFA (chartered financial analyst) side by side along with trading forex. I like swing trade, mostly take daily or weekly positions in micro or mini lots. I started with a account of 100$ because I believe if you can't double a 100, you can't double a million. I mostly trade major pairs with technical indicators only, no fundamentals. I use moving averages and oscillators to check for trends and breakouts and taken position accordingly. I'd be happy to discuss more about my strategies in this thread if anyone is interested.

Please do share your valuable inputs.
Hi Kartik,
it's really happy to see the new starters in fx trading, But, Greed and Panic may destroy the account within a minutes, u said u trading with 100$ account, if you take daily or weekly positions in mini lots means you risking 20 to 50% of your margin which is equal to suicide attempt, it's okay for scalping with tight stoploss, But, swing trading is consist with huge stoploss and takeprofit levels, Hence, we let the market breathe untill consolidation, My advice is don't take mini lots for 100$ account, stick with 1 micro lot until account reaches 200$, Don't risk 3 - 5% of your margin at any reason, calculate the risk before profits, There is no failed strategies, But, there is a failed traders due to lack of discipline and over greed, yes, today we may loss 3%, tomorrow we can recover and make additional profits, The matter is margin we need margin to trade tomorrow, Good Day