Systems for three market types- trending, nontrending, volatile

suri112000

I randomely browsed the posts in this forum and found some systems which suite certain market types. For trending markets 315 strategy by SH, for nontrending markets Stochastics oscillatorl and for volatility markets NR7.

How to distinguish all 3 types of markets. When the trend is considered ended and the market entered directionless phase and to when it is highly volatile phase.

I understand that trade entries are equally important than setups.

Only trade entries are not as effective and are usually less profitable than systems that utilize both a set-up and an entry. Systems based only on
entries tend to have too many trades and a low percentage of profitable trades. There are two rules to which all entries must adhere:

Entry Rules:

1. Prices should confirm the direction indicated by the Set-Up before a taking a position
2. The Entry should guarantee that a system will capture every price move for which it is designed.

The entry for Quadra Safe Trading Strategy by SavantGarde is one such method.

I request to point out the other system /setups which i might have missed while searching the forum.

suri112000

1-2-3 CHART PATTERN

This is one of the best chart setups suited for any timeframe whether they be 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour, daily, weekly, and not the least monthly. It is just a matter of time and patience, before you see this pattern happening all over the place. (Grateful to Mark Crisp for introducing this setup.)

As any other system this is not 100% accurate. It all requires is no indicators ( yes, you are hearing it right absolutely NO Indicators) but just your power of eye. If you want to succeed in the stock market, this is the one set up which keeps in the market in a profitable way whether it is trending, sideways, volatile, bearish or bullish phases.

Without wasting much time on the introduction, I will jump to discuss this most successful trading setup from basics to its logical end.

healthraj

1-2-3 CHART PATTERN

This is one of the best chart setups suited for any timeframe whether they be 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour, daily, weekly, and not the least monthly. It is just a matter of time and patience, before you see this pattern happening all over the place. (Grateful to Mark Crisp for introducing this setup.)

As any other system this is not 100% accurate. It all requires is no indicators ( yes, you are hearing it right absolutely NO Indicators) but just your power of eye. If you want to succeed in the stock market, this is the one set up which keeps in the market in a profitable way whether it is trending, sideways, volatile, bearish or bullish phases.

Without wasting much time on the introduction, I will jump to discuss this most successful trading setup from basics to its logical end.
1-2-3 Chart pattern is for Trending markets. I think this is called the Elliot wave method. In Traderji it is also called the SAINT'S FLOW Method. Anyways you cannot have a single system for trading Trending and Rangebound. In Trending method for example we wait for the Pivot High and Pivot lows to be formed and the positions are taken only above the High or the Low. In a Rangebound method positions are taken between the High and the Low. 80% of the Trades are Rangebound and only 20% of the Trades are trending.

NR7 method is also a kind of Trending method because the positions are taken above the NR7 High or NR7 Low.

suri112000

1-2-3 Chart pattern is for Trending markets. I think this is called the Elliot wave method. In Traderji it is also called the SAINT'S FLOW Method. Anyways you cannot have a single system for trading Trending and Rangebound. In Trending method for example we wait for the Pivot High and Pivot lows to be formed and the positions are taken only above the High or the Low. In a Rangebound method positions are taken between the High and the Low. 80% of the Trades are Rangebound and only 20% of the Trades are trending.

NR7 method is also a kind of Trending method because the positions are taken above the NR7 High or NR7 Low.
Thanks healthraj.

You may be right but the original author has not mentioned anything about Elliot wave or Flow method. The author claims it to work in all kinds of markets and TFs.

NR7 method is basically switching between low volatality and high volatality. You could be right that it is a kind of trending method.

Keep visiting the thread and correct me if I go wrong in explaining the method.

suri112000

This is an example of a buy setup comprising of three single bars.

Bar 1.........Makes a new low.

Bar 2.........Breaks the high of Bar 1 and its low is higher than the low bar 1.

Bar 3.........Its a Retracement Bar. Its high is less than Bar 2's high. Its low must be higher than the low of bar 1 otherwise discard the setup.

Once three conditions satisfy, make entry on break of bar 2 high.

================================================================================================================

Multiple Bar Buy Setup.

Last edited: