Supersonic Intraday Trading

veluri1967

Hi Vellori,
Looks like we can even do without "3".. taking only 15 sma...coupled with MACD..looks almost similar (replacing 3 with actual tick movement of the stock) and today I ahve noticed MACD 26,8, and period=3 does the cross over before the sma.. But sometimes the reverse as well.
Guess, some stock suggestions would help to track this as sometimes it doesn't generate .5% upmove. I tried (tracked.. no actual trade) with Aban, Relinfra, Nifty,DLF, Axis today.
If you can putup some stock listing where this will work.. will be good. In anyway thanks.
Surya_sun,

Yes...you are right. It will do without 3 SMA. But 3 SMA atleast helps us to ignore very minor whipsaws caused by ticks if not more.

Use any of the two ie either 3/15 SMA or SMA. If you want to use both, use 3 SMA crossover as an anticipatory crossover of MACD. It seems there is difference my MACD settings and yours. Mine are 26(First period), 12(Second period), 9(Signal time).

Watch closely this DLF chart of today....there are ample of profitable trades.
It should work on any chart my friend. SORRY TO BE ROUGH ON THE CHART.

Last edited:
Vellori,
Good, point taken. Thax. Perhaps we can create some kind of stock list which has high volume.. I could think of DLF, HPCL, SAIL, NTPC, Rcom (for less than 300/350 range) and for 500~1000 range i could think of Sterlite, Tata Steel the list goes.. Some conclusive list could help others... with classification like
less than 100
100~200
200~500
500~1000
1000~2000
2000++
can we start building this list, what u say?
what is also important is our favo "volatility".. higher the best..
Surya_sun,

Yes...you are right. It will do without 3 SMA. But 3 SMA atleast helps us to ignore very minor whipsaws caused by ticks if not more.

Use any of the two ie either 3/15 SMA or SMA. If you want to use both, use 3 SMA crossover as an anticipatory crossover of MACD. It seems there is difference my MACD settings and yours. Mine are 26(First period), 12(Second period), 9(Signal time).

Watch closely this DLF chart of today....there are ample of profitable trades.
It should work on any chart my friend. SORRY TO BE ROUGH ON THE CHART.

veluri1967

Vellori,
Good, point taken. Thax. Perhaps we can create some kind of stock list which has high volume.. I could think of DLF, HPCL, SAIL, NTPC, Rcom (for less than 300/350 range) and for 500~1000 range i could think of Sterlite, Tata Steel the list goes.. Some conclusive list could help others... with classification like
less than 100
100~200
200~500
500~1000
1000~2000
2000++
can we start building this list, what u say?
what is also important is our favo "volatility".. higher the best..
Go ahead my friend.... my support for u. Start with less than 100.

veluri1967

Well I mentioned what came to mind.. but we need volatility index as well..let everybody put in what comes in mind... then we build the final one.
why to wait....
visit www.buzzingstocks.com
use search builder form or intraday stock screener or Nifty Dynamic heat map
you will get what u want.

As per my trading software here are the scrips which are most volatile today.
Unitech 13.94%
Suzlon 12.32%
Hindalco 9.19%
JPAssociates 9.04%
Tata Steel 8.96%

Last edited:

veluri1967

Changed TF for Unitech.
SMA 3/15 crossover study. One of my friends has suggested this. Quite an interesting variation.

Looks simple theretically. But in actual trading...application is difficult.

He suggests that take a position of the stock when 3/15 crossover happens first time in the day. Never consider whatever happens to 3/15 SMAs thereafter.

Now...keep trading till the end of the day.

When Tgt hits...keep revising your Tgts and move Trailing Stops.When TS gets hit, get rid of all holdings.
When Stop Loss or Trailing Stops gets hit..reverse the position. Just normal lots (not doubling).
Like that keep moving till end of the day.

Can anyone guess what would be the end result?:cool:
Take the help of attached chart and guess it right.

Last edited:

atulaw

Changed TF for Unitech.
SMA 3/15 crossover study. One of my friends has suggested this. Quite an interesting variation.

Looks simple theretically. But in actual trading...application is difficult.

He suggests that take a position of the stock when 3/15 crossover happens first time in the day. Never consider whatever happens to 3/15 SMAs thereafter.

Now...keep trading till the end of the day.

When Tgt hits...keep revising your Tgts and move Trailing Stops.When TS gets hit, get rid of all holdings.
When Stop Loss or Trailing Stops gets hit..reverse the position. Just normal lots (not doubling).
Like that keep moving till end of the day.

Can anyone guess what would be the end result?:cool:
Take the help of attached chart and guess it right.
Thanks for sharing. Seems interesting. Will paper trade.

veluri1967

And if there is complete reversal of the trend around midday? Would you continue to buck the trend, by continuing to take signals in the opposite direction to that of the market?
Great point..sumo. You mean to say that it is reverse of "V" shape. Am I right.

Ok. Lets see what happens. First time 3SMA crosses up 15 SMA. Take long positions. Since the market moves up until midday, you have to keep adding positions (Pyramidizing) and moving Trailing Stop Loss.
Now, midday time.
Market reverses now to bearish trend.
Your Trailing Stop Loss gets hit, you get rid of all holdings.
Market is moving down. But now, you take a fresh long positions because we donot care whats happening to 3/15 SMA at that time.
your stoploss gets hit.
Reverse the position, that is go short.
Keep moving your Trailing Stop Loss and Pyramidize the positions till end of day.
Happy bearish ride....isnot it?
Close positions by the EOD and have a fatty pocket.;)

columbus

Nowaday the volatility is high we regularly see
"V" type recovery or inverse type of structure.