Supersonic Intraday Trading

veluri1967

How is the idea chart.....
Doesnot this strategy work well.
Just notice MACD cross down at 10:30 AM....ample opportunity to go short.....Atleast 3 Tgt hits.
MACD cross up at 11:15 AM....initial SL hit....reverse the position.... again atleast continuous 3 Tgt hits.
MACD cross up at 01:15 PM...initial SL hit....reverse the position...again atleast continuous 3 Tgt hits.
MACD cross up at 02:30 PM....atleast 2 Tgt hits.

Last edited:

veluri1967

thanks mate looks good.. What is MACD para ??26,0?? period=?
That's true. MACD with usual setting 26,0.

I would like to make the following modifications to the strategy to ensure good profitability.
1. Instead of waiting for the MACD actual crossover, just anticipate the crossover before 1 or 2 bars in advance. Take positions as if the crossover happend.

2. Donot pyramidize 50% of the original size on first time Target hit. Consider
50% pyramidizing from second time target hits.

Just watch the attached Intraday chart of Unitech in view of the modified strategy.

Profits.....its a matter of sail with the wind.

I am considering even to add pivot points to ensure a perfect strategy.

I request friends on this post to copy the chart in quote post,,, so that when i remove the chart because of space constraints....its still be there for future references.

Last edited:
S

SCF

Sir,
It will help me in much way because i am novice.
It will help if Pivot Points are used with this strategy.

S

SCF

How is the idea chart.....
Doesnot this strategy work well.
Just notice MACD cross down at 10:30 AM....ample opportunity to go short.....Atleast 3 Tgt hits.
MACD cross up at 11:15 AM....initial SL hit....reverse the position.... again atleast continuous 3 Tgt hits.
MACD cross up at 01:15 PM...initial SL hit....reverse the position...again atleast continuous 3 Tgt hits.
MACD cross up at 02:30 PM....atleast 2 Tgt hits.
Wow....:clapping:

Howz this chart with 3, 15 SMA crossovers.
Hi Vellori,
Looks like we can even do without "3".. taking only 15 sma...coupled with MACD..looks almost similar (replacing 3 with actual tick movement of the stock) and today I ahve noticed MACD 26,8, and period=3 does the cross over before the sma.. But sometimes the reverse as well.
Guess, some stock suggestions would help to track this as sometimes it doesn't generate .5% upmove. I tried (tracked.. no actual trade) with Aban, Relinfra, Nifty,DLF, Axis today.
If you can putup some stock listing where this will work.. will be good. In anyway thanks.

AW10

Howz this chart with 3, 15 SMA crossovers.
Veluri, Are you trading 1 min chart using 3 bar MA ? (as per suzlon chart).

In my view, we got to define out trading TF in the strategy. 3/15 sma on larger timeframe which has low noise level, might work well. but on shorter timeframe it will produce false signals.
Visually it might look great but with proper system test, one will be able to find real output.

Moreover, hope you are taking into consideration the effect of opening gap in calculation of MACD and both MAs in first 60 to 90 mins of the day. In MACD/MA calculation, close price of bar is used..and in first 1 hr, the value from previous day will be used and that will give distorted reading.

Happy Trading

veluri1967

Veluri, Are you trading 1 min chart using 3 bar MA ? (as per suzlon chart).

In my view, we got to define out trading TF in the strategy. 3/15 sma on larger timeframe which has low noise level, might work well. but on shorter timeframe it will produce false signals.
Visually it might look great but with proper system test, one will be able to find real output.

Moreover, hope you are taking into consideration the effect of opening gap in calculation of MACD and both MAs in first 60 to 90 mins of the day. In MACD/MA calculation, close price of bar is used..and in first 1 hr, the value from previous day will be used and that will give distorted reading.

Happy Trading
Thank you, sir, for the concern shown.

TF choosen for this strategy is 1 min. (Though there is no restriction to use beyond 1 min TF but my trading platform is best for 1 min TF). As can be seen from suzlon chart, MACD and 3/15 SMA have started to be seen only after 10:30 AM/11:00AM. My trading software do not support backfill. So, my trades start only after the signals start showing.