Streetsmarts

No Agilent, not a single source unfortunately. Have been on the lookout for a street rumors site but can't find any on the net. So have to surf here & there. As I did it for my own info, I decided to share it with fellow Traderji members.
Regards
Kuldeep

Friends,

I have started this thread for all to share street talk that they hear, news, unconfirmed & confirmed reports etc., so all of us make some sense out of this madness that we call "Markets". Only thing that one needs to ensure that it should be plausible. So far I seem to be the only one contributing. All are welcome!

Anyway, now onto what I learnt here & there:

Intel posts first decline in profits since 2001. Ford Motor also posts an unexpected loss.

Trent (NSE: TRENT, BSE: 500251) Q1 net profit up at Rs. 6.56 crores as compared to previous Rs. 5.23 crores. Net sales Rs. 105.10 crores (Rs. 74 crore previously). Price Rs. 682.3, up 0.55%. 52 week high 1048, low 627.15.

REL may invest Rs 60000cr in Hirma. HIRMA may generate 15000 MW. Hirma deal may be annonunced tomorrow.

Govt cuts excise duty on polyester chips to 8%. Excise duty on paraxylene halved to 8%. Excise duty on acrylonitrile halved to 8%. Excise duty cut on textile intermediaries. Excise duty on paraxylene halved to 8%. Excise duty on acrylonitrile halved to 8%. Excise duty cut on textile intermediaries. WHO BENEFITS?

Just heard this from a broker friend:

It is rumored that Spentex Industries (BSE: 521082) will be acquiring an Uzbekistan based textile company for 100-150 crores. BSE price Rs.53.30 (up 5.4%) today.

JM Financial (NSE: JMSHARE, BSE: 523405) may be entering into the Insurance sector. It is looking around for a partner.

Goldman Sachs Investments have been buying Mount Everest Mineral Water, Sintex India, and Fulford India.

Govt of Singapore buys 1.68 lakh shares of Monnet Ispat.

Tata Chemicals : Enters into biotech biz using nano-science as a base.

Warburg Pincus has picked up 5.01 mn shares in Kotak Mahindra Bank.

HDFC plans to hike lending rate by July-end.

Just in:

Nagarjuna Construction has bagged an order of Rs. 720 crores from Sultanate of Oman for road project at Muscat. Its order book is now close to Rs. 6000 crores.

3M may buy out Birla's 7% stake in the Indian subsidiary for Rs. 100 crores.

Philips Carbon Black plans overseas acquisition.

Walmart is talking to Reliance, Bharti, and M&M for alliance.

Royal Enfield planning to hike prices shortly. Also plans to introduce the 350cc engine in 3 months time.

US based Mylan is planning to buyout Matrix Labs at a price below Rs. 300 per share.