Streetsmarts

Mauritius has tightened its rules for issuing tax residency certificates to companies. Now all certificates are to be renewed every year and the company must maintain 'good standing' to be eligible for renewal. New companies, too, must meet these norms, Companies should have at least 2 Directors in Mauritius and all board meetings are to be held and accounting records to be maintained in Mauritius plus all banking transactions are to be channelled through a Mauritius bank account.

GMR Infra has got the airport operatores license for the Delhi Airport.

IVRCL poised to get orders from Karnataka, Kerala, & Rajasthan governments.

Dr. Reddy plans a US$ 250 million ADR issue.

Balaji Amines is planning issuing bonus shares.

Godrej to develop 1000 acres of its land.

Crest Animation sells 15% stake to DE Shaw Composite.

Aban Offshore's Norwegian acquisition, Sinvest ASA, is facing a setback. Oslo stock exchange has ruled that Aban must come out with an open offer for the entire residual stake which will cost around US$ 800 million.

Godrej is selling its stake in Geometric Software valued at 150 crores.

Hi Kuldeep..

You have a great thread going !! I really enjoy scanning all the news .. Would like more frequent posting from you and would appreciate news on splits, bonus, rights etc etc... surely depends on time available to you..

Cheers.

Hi Kuldeep..

You have a great thread going !! I really enjoy scanning all the news .. Would like more frequent posting from you and would appreciate news on splits, bonus, rights etc etc... surely depends on time available to you..

Cheers.
Thanks friend. This thread is really the result of trying to mine some news & rumors from here & there. I thought sharing this with fellow traders and starting this thread would encourage others to also contribute. Will try to put in news about bonus, splits, and rights as and when I can get it.

Kilburn Engg is selling its 9 acre Bhandup property to Godrej for 125~175 crores.

Gillette is selling its Okhla & Gurgaon properties. Its asking for 250 & 180 crores respectively.

UTV has sold Hungama TV to Disney.

Shyam Telecom is in the grip of operators.

Crude Oil may start rising in the coming week or so.

Builders strike gold with Mumbai HC judgement. Look at those that operate in Mumbai suburbs.

Cadila Healthcare is planning to enter into the smoking cessation category through brand acquisitions. The company is looking at entering a new category by introducing smoking cessation products. Smoking cessation brands are almost negligible in the market with most brands having exited the category.

Tata Tea is issuing equity shares at 777/- each to Tata Sons.

Gateway Distriparks is buying a cold storage company.

The country’s largest bank, State Bank of India (SBI), is slated to enter into a strategic alliance with the Mumbai-based brokerage Motilal Oswal Securities to provide integrated e-trading platform to their customers.

Sintex Inds is close to acquiring an auto component or a power sector company. It has already done due diligence for 2~3 companies.

Even though Board sources were tight-lipped, Tatas are almost certain to better the CSN offer for Corus shares.

Jindal Saw is getting an order worth US$0.4 billion from a global petrochem player. There are rumours that it is selling its 49% stake in its plate steel mill, Jindal United Steel Corporation.

Crude prices are likely to rise due to reports that ENI has halted deliveries of 60,000 barrels a day from Nigeria and also due to fresh violence in Iraq.

M&M is likely to make a German acquisition by December.

ONGC is making a bid for UK based Premier Oil jointly with the Mittal group.