Strategy for TRENDING, RANGE market?

it's more than 30 minute to any timeframe.
less timeframe have more chop but at same time lower timeframe can have more trending price chart. why are you referring timeframe here?
"ADX >20 = trending, ADX > 40 = trend winding down".. that formula isn't a holy grail. It works differently on different scrips in different timeframes.

bunti_k23

Price first indicator second.

What it should be then? for timeframe specially?
as I said, it varies from scrip to scrip and from TF to TF e.g. on 5 min time frame, I have noticed that for NF, the ADX will not go beyond 65 before receding, whereas for BNF, it can go upto 85. Haven't noticed it for higher time frames :)

After now following the few posts in this thread, it gets absolute clear that the first post of this thread from the thread starter so far is absolute miss leading, as not an option strategy is asked for instead how to enter and exit the mentioned market situations through some defined rules with TA tools.

So I have absolute no clue why he even is mentioning options in his first post, as what ever derivative is traded, all this what is discussed so far belongs purely to the TA and trading plan section and not to any option or even option strategy section.

So my question to the thread owner: Why did you start this thread in the option section and not in the TA section where it belongs too? What did I not understand or what is your plan/reason to post it here in the option section?

Take care and have a nice weekend / Dan :)

as I said, it varies from scrip to scrip and from TF to TF e.g. on 5 min time frame, I have noticed that for NF, the ADX will not go beyond 65 before receding, whereas for BNF, it can go upto 85. Haven't noticed it for higher time frames :)
both are above 25,which usually shows trending mark, bnf is more volatile than nf so it can go that fast , if both are above 25, most analyst use it for trending. How does it disrespect rules for trending term, For trend exit we can use MACD, PSAR or other indicators. Analyst use above 20 or 25 trending for all timeframe, if i'm wrong, correct me?

After now following the few posts in this thread, it gets absolute clear that the first post of this thread from the thread starter so far is absolute miss leading, as not an option strategy is asked for instead how to enter and exit the mentioned market situations through some defined rules with TA tools.

So I have absolute no clue why he even is mentioning options in his first post, as what ever derivative is traded, all this what is discussed so far belongs purely to the TA and trading plan section and not to any option or even option strategy section.

So my question to the thread owner: Why did you start this thread in the option section and not in the TA section where it belongs too? What did I not understand or what is your plan/reason to post it here in the option section?

Take care and have a nice weekend / Dan :)

As title says "Strategy for TRENDING, RANGE market" and without defining rules for trending, range market i can't proceed further. for defining trending and range market it's ofcourse TA,
How do you judge thread in just one day , where it gonna be ? We can use option topic maybe after few weeks or a month, before clearing up things.
btw even in options, people decide strategy by TA, specially someone doing speculative trade.
By no mean i'm an expert, but what do i know, i posted here and i'm sure about it.

both are above 25,which usually shows trending mark, bnf is more volatile than nf so it can go that fast , if both are above 25, most analyst use it for trending. How does it disrespect rules for trending term, For trend exit we can use MACD, PSAR or other indicators. Analyst use above 20 or 25 trending for all timeframe, if i'm wrong, correct me?
Yes, 25 and moving up is trending. Therein comes the question of timeframe. In smaller TFs, it can turn around from any point. So, I consider 10-12 and moving up as trending, for intraday scalping purposes, with proper stoploss, of course.

If it is on a daily TF, 20+ and moving up is trending and hold for higher targets. Hence the timeframe is important.