SH's swing trading system - a simple way to play the markets

VJAY

Dear SH,
how you traded this chart?...25th we are long ..SAR @ whiteline...here on how you would trade....no new high after that...if we exited @GFZ then clear cut reentry @11.30 of 31st...here are we wait for hit our SAR?

Hi SH,

The backtest excel sheet is available for download at http://www.datafilehost.com/download-2ba5b325.html ...
Please note, I have not considered GFZ exits.. as I could not figure out way to plot envelop for previous days in iCharts.....

SH ur expert views please..

..Amol
unable to view this file, but posting trades based on simple SAR reversal (no GFZ exits and re-entries) accounted for.

Cheers
SH

Try and track the charts with levels and dates I have posted.

Cheers
SH
Hi SH,

As per your sheet, on 7-Mar-11, there was a short from 5480.. agreed .... but as per chart attached SAR would have been 5552 ... but u have considered 5421 as SAR.. even though new low was not formed... can u plz explain for better understanding.... is it like, if new low is formed consider latest 15 EMA touch and forget the highest point between two lows....

..Amol

Last edited:
Hi SH,

As per your sheet, on 7-Mar-11, there was a short from 5480.. agreed .... but as per chart attached SAR would have been 5552 ... but u have considered 5421 as SAR.. even though new low was not formed... can u plz explain for better understanding.... is it like, if new low is formed consider latest 15 EMA touch and forget the highest point between two lows....

..Amol

my charts showed new lows at previous days new lows and the next gap up to 15 EMA before making fresh lows ...so SAR 5421

If that is not the case, SAR will stay at 5552.

Cheers
SH

Dear SH,
how you traded this chart?...25th we are long ..SAR @ whiteline...here on how you would trade....no new high after that...if we exited @GFZ then clear cut reentry @11.30 of 31st...here are we wait for hit our SAR?
Yes unfortunately.

What I do usually is after massive rallies and gap ups (SAR moves far away) I book profits in futures and take positions in options, that locks in some profits and reduces heartburns if SAR is hit.

you would also see these 2 days were when 3 EMA was not touching for 2 consecutive days so another strong reason for booking profits and waiting for 3 EMA to get hit.

Cheers
SH