SH's swing trading system - a simple way to play the markets

Thanks such for ur kind support... :thumb:

SH as per ur sheet short initiated on 11-Jul-2011 @ 5615.. perfect :)
but for me as per chart, SAR 5515 got hit on 29-Jul-11.. and the trade turns into Long closing short... this going Long trade gave whipsaw and gave 51 point loss...why u didnt u close that position on 29-Jul ???
In ur case u close this position on 29-Aug @ 4888... even for me that is not SAR.. it would be 4970.55 (chart 2)... totally confused now:confused:

..Amol

chart 1:

Chart 2:
Sorry my office firewalls block the charts posted but I just looked back on my charts...

5615 shorts on 11th July with SAR 5735 .... Nifty made a low at 5503 next day but 15 EMA not touched anywhere so SAR stays at 5735

Nifty stayed in this range (5735 to 5503) and finally gave a new low on 28/7 hence bringing down the SAR to 5711 (25th July high)

you are right that trade was closed at 5515, longs initiated and then reversed to shorts with 60 point loss. From 5450 shorts again and nifty fell to 4721 non stop...

Pardon me I missed that trade .... I just created that sheet in a hurry yesterday manually .... :)

When you trade live with me ... you will understand the results better.

Cheers
SH

Sorry my office firewalls block the charts posted but I just looked back on my charts...

5615 shorts on 11th July with SAR 5735 .... Nifty made a low at 5503 next day but 15 EMA not touched anywhere so SAR stays at 5735

Nifty stayed in this range (5735 to 5503) and finally gave a new low on 28/7 hence bringing down the SAR to 5711 (25th July high)

you are right that trade was closed at 5515, longs initiated and then reversed to shorts with 60 point loss. From 5450 shorts again and nifty fell to 4721 non stop...

Pardon me I missed that trade .... I just created that sheet in a hurry yesterday manually .... :)

When you trade live with me ... you will understand the results better.

Cheers
SH
Thanks SH... :thumb:

Do u apply this strategy to stock futures.... if yes which stocks do u prefer??

..Amol

Hi SH i am ready to do the backtest but need your guidance....i have data from 2003 onwards...do you have metastock on your computer? i can send you the data and metastock and we can run the backtest together
no I dont have a metastock with me..not sure if there are free versions available?

I have posted all the rules here now so I am sure you can run a backtest now without my help.

Cheers
SH

High is taken hence stop shifted to 5350 ;)
Yes, what is frustrating about last 3-4 days is that we have hit new highs 3-4 times but the bull sar has only moved 20 points up ....this is becuase each recent low has been higher than previous low but very close to it ....

Lets see if we can get another correction to 15 EMA now and then a new high which can move our SAR in 5400 range :eek:

Cheers
SH