SH's swing trading system - a simple way to play the markets

Sh

thanks for this post, but few question, really helpful if you answer these query

1. i do not have envelope in my charting software, can i use channel for the same, if yes that what are the parameters.
2. Does this strategy not resembling saint 30 min flow.
2. Can we play this on intraday basis on 30 min chart for nifty & stocks as well.

thanks

anil
1. If your channels can capture 95% of the candles, yes try using them.
2. Yes many similarities with Saints flow method, the only difference being the 15 EMA retest point as SAR ....also saints method doesnt have exits and re-entries.
3. yes you can play intraday as well by using 5 mins or 15 mins using the same strategy.

Cheers
SH

As SH suggested from Jan. 2012, nifty is in dream uptrend, any trend following strategy would like magical.... so thought of back-testing this for last year ... I back-tested for Nifty Future 1M from Feb'11 to Oct'11.... till June 2011, we would have lost 400 points i.e. 20,000Rs. per lot, but after that till mid oct 2011, it would have fetched 620 points total profit (almost 30000 Rs. taking out previous 400 points loss)... but i believe 2011 certainly was not a good year to trade... :annoyed:

Please note that my intention is not to criticize... as I am also big fan of SH's all strategies :thumb:....
My intention is to tell all that keep faith and patience in this strategy... as looking @ 400 points loss someone would stop using this strategy.. but after that it fetched 1000 points profit(total 1000-400 = 600)...

..Amol

As SH suggested from Jan. 2012, nifty is in dream uptrend, any trend following strategy would like magical.... so thought of back-testing this for last year ... I back-tested for Nifty Future 1M from Feb'11 to Oct'11.... till June 2011, we would have lost 400 points i.e. 20,000Rs. per lot, but after that till mid oct 2011, it would have fetched 620 points total profit (almost 30000 Rs. taking out previous 400 points loss)... but i believe 2011 certainly was not a good year to trade... :annoyed:

Please note that my intention is not to criticize... as I am also big fan of SH's all strategies :thumb:....
My intention is to tell all that keep faith and patience in this strategy... as looking @ 400 points loss someone would stop using this strategy.. but after that it fetched 1000 points profit(total 1000-400 = 600)...

..Amol
Hi Amol,

Can you please post the charts and your entries/exits for Feb 2011 to June 2011 where you suggest the strategy went -400?

Reason is that I dont see that period to be loss making (have you used exits in GFZ and entries again near 15 EMA) ?

Also, any reason why you didnt include November and December for backtesting?

cheers
SH

Hi Amol,

Can you please post the charts and your entries/exits for Feb 2011 to June 2011 where you suggest the strategy went -400?

Reason is that I dont see that period to be loss making (have you used exits in GFZ and entries again near 15 EMA) ?

Also, any reason why you didnt include November and December for backtesting?

cheers
SH
Hi SH,

Good to hear from you... Definitely I will post the excel sheet.. wouldn't be anything better if Guru can point out mistakes... hahaha :thumb:

also I have not used GFZ for exits, I believe that would certainly has effect.. not included Nov. and Dec.. bcoz i done backtesting late in the night ... so was feeling sleepy:fatigue:

Better I will post the excel sheet for complete Year with GFZ exits and re-entries...

..Amol

SH based on your experience how many points can we make in Nifty per month using this strategy? Also how many trades in a month and what is the winning % of trades?

Thanks

absolutely right rajesh, when bull sar is hit the previous peak becomes bear sar (843ish in this case). However its not necessary to be the highest point between two bull sars ..its just the previous high made by pulling up to 15 EMA.

To explain my point, please look at the right hand side of the charts posted for RIL, if RIL falls and breaks bull sar at 839ish .... the bear SAR will be 10th Feb high and not 8th Feb high....however if the difference between 8th Feb high and 10th feb high is very small ..it becomes kind of double top hence its sensible to keep 8th Feb high as safer bear SAR

Cheers
SH
Hi all,

I would like to amend the above.... the SAR will have to be the highest/lowest point and not just the last 15 EMA touch ....

Rajesh arora is absolutely right.

Cheers
SH

SH based on your experience how many points can we make in Nifty per month using this strategy? Also how many trades in a month and what is the winning % of trades?

Thanks
Techtrader - this depends on what phase the market is going through.... during times of good trends, one single trade can give 200-300 or more points....

I personally trade all my strategies together (swing, 315, market correction prediction) so my personal results may differ.

However if one was to trade this strategy from March last year till now, the person should be sitting on around 3000+ points profit per lot.

Cheers
SH