Show Off Your Trading Desk & Sys Configuration ! :D

So I assume Sharekhan is just for charting.. but why Ztrader & NOW both ? You take trades in 2 diff a/c ? I guess must be on 2 diff a/c coz we can't open Ztrader & NOW both simultaneously.

Also, why firefox as well as opera. 2 browsers.. ?? :confused: :confused:
it's complicated. Yeah, TT is for charting and some small positional to keep the account alive. Ztrader for basic trading, but the problem is that Ztrader is resource hungry and we can have only one snap quote window. So I use NOW for the second snap quote window and a second watchlist. Different broker, so maybe small trades once in a while to keep the account alive.

Why two browsers. This sounds crazy but sometimes some sites open better in one browser than the other. Sometimes a site may not open in either Opera or FF and then I close FF and use Tor. Happens often enough to need a second browser.

nirav_j

Why two browsers. This sounds crazy but sometimes some sites open better in one browser than the other. Sometimes a site may not open in either Opera or FF and then I close FF and use Tor. Happens often enough to need a second browser.
you probably need to shift ISP :D

Here an other, good extension to any trading desk at home. This just for any worst case scenario. Easy done as even a TV can be connected to the used OP system:

Edit: I guess you traders know that this is a joke picture, even the idea can be done with out any question. But that is not my bathroom and I do not have such an extension in my bathroom. I just posted the picture and idea as the first post of this thread told: This thread is just for fun.

Take care / Dan :)

Last edited:

kiran_thiru

it's complicated. Yeah, TT is for charting and some small positional to keep the account alive. Ztrader for basic trading, but the problem is that Ztrader is resource hungry and we can have only one snap quote window. So I use NOW for the second snap quote window and a second watchlist. Different broker, so maybe small trades once in a while to keep the account alive.

i am using three browsers.

OPERA-- only for trading purpose. always opened my thread, general chit chat thread, search thread. will open imgur, google images, and others when required.

MAXTHON-- for yahoo, facebook and bank sites. maxthon is good for saving images fastly and cloud (you can open any where in pc or tablet if you registered.

TORCH-- for entertainment purpose only youtube and others.

kiran_thiru

Here an other, good extension to any trading desk at home. This just for any worst case scenario. Easy done as even a TV can be connected to the used OP system:

it is more comfortable if the system table is little bit near from multi purpose sitter. :D:D:D

#19 from BusinessInsider Post
This one comes from an options trader based on the island of Mauritius... The trader writes, '...I keep everything simple, I trade plain price action, no indicators, no news, with experience I have come to learn that only price pays and nothing else. On the picture, you can see on the wall memos all related to trading, i.e: past mistakes, goals, rules, wisdom. The goal here is to reproduce sound behaviors and eliminate those that don't serve me well.'
Interesting.

VJAY

Wow.. really Vintage stuff :D just kidding

On the monitor.. just connecting the secondary monitor won't do the job.. you have to select the function as well. Can do Fn+F7 (could be diff key in diff brand) which will show this.

Just select Extended.. then drag your chart or window whatever you want to display to the 2nd monitor. Other functions are self-explanatory :)

If you don't have Fn+F7 key on laptop/desktop.. then just right click on the desktop and look for screen resolution (win7) or properties and then select from here..

Thanks a lot manish bhai:thumb:....will check :)

I use Mozilla FF as my browser. FF is very powerful but has been getting some bloat(Hello Chat) over the last 6 months. Keep Chrome on the system in case anyone else needs to use. Also keep Internet Explorer for some websites that don't open in Chrome and FF, includes some government(.gov.in) websites and one of the broker's backoffice.

There is no perfect web browser out there right now.