sharekhan vs angel

Hi! All, i am new to this forum as well as trading. This is really great for me as i want to start in a nice way so i became a member of this site before having a trading account.
I have called Sharekhan as well as Angel trading for getting a trading account. I need your help to tell me that which one will be good. Would like to mention that i only know 5% of trading the world. Please help and also suggest some useful tips for me as beginning. I already read beginner guide here.

Hi Manish,
Had similar dilemma as yours.. whether to choose Angel or Sharekhan and went with Sharekhan. Took a demo of both and figured out that SK's Trader terminal is much better. Charts are quite similar in look and feel to the IRIS software. Eagerly waiting for the account to be functional now. :)

Hi Manish,
Had similar dilemma as yours.. whether to choose Angel or Sharekhan and went with Sharekhan. Took a demo of both and figured out that SK's Trader terminal is much better. Charts are quite similar in look and feel to the IRIS software. Eagerly waiting for the account to be functional now. :)
Hi,
I m also new to this trading. At present I m trading on a demo a/c on meta trader and now I want to trade on a live a/c. I m trading with euro/usd.
Can u pls tell me tht how i can start with my live a/c, through which I can go for it, and wht else is required for it.

vartika

Hi,
I m also new to this trading. At present I m trading on a demo a/c on meta trader and now I want to trade on a live a/c. I m trading with euro/usd.
Can u pls tell me tht how i can start with my live a/c, through which I can go for it, and wht else is required for it.

vartika

vikrit

i went for sharekhan 2 months
very customer friendly generally
though one idiotic guy from sharekhan hold got hold of no. n called me n told me all sort of crap about brokerage plan ..

though i think angel will have less brokerage
you have to negotiate brokerage, as they want some commitment. Negotiate it, and never opt for advance brokerage plans.

As far as i know sharekhan also provide low brokerage, my plan is .01, now using zerodha for fno and sharekhan for commodity

if anybody have lower than this in sharekhan then plz share.

Hi,

vartika
When i registered with sharekhan than the executive gave me his own id for demo purpose. Within a week my own account will be live. Till the time i am using his id for for better understanding. Sharekhan is the only one whom have the terminal.
For live account you need to submit following documents;
1. Salary slip / cheque in which ur name is print
2. Photograph
3. Cancel cheque
4. Minimum 10,000 rs for deposit
5. Address proof
6. PAN card copy

It will take 5-6 working days to get a live trading account after submitting the documents. My will live this saturday.:clap:

you have to negotiate brokerage, as they want some commitment. Negotiate it, and never opt for advance brokerage plans.

As far as i know sharekhan also provide low brokerage, my plan is .01, now using zerodha for fno and sharekhan for commodity

if anybody have lower than this in sharekhan then plz share.
Hai guys,
Gud day, Am again a newbie into trading who is learning lessons one after the other by taking good blows from market...:down:
But ya, its always this way for me in everything :eek:.
Anyway, am jus using the canmoney platform from canara bank. i opened with them considering to start with a public sector rather a private broker. Anyway, now am finding things difficult on top of knowing other brokers provide gud options than this . Plz check the rates & suggest me a better one.

NAME : INTRADAY : Delivery : Square off : Exposure (no of times)
Canmoney : 0.05 : 0.35 : 3:00 : 5
(the rest below are my information gathered)
CD equities : 0.025 : 0.25 : 3:20 : 12/10 ( on negotiation)
Religare-odin: 0.025 : 0.25 : 3:30 : 15-20 ( on negotiation)
Religare-race: no idea :no idea : 3:30 : 12/10 ( on negotiation)
Geojit : 0.03 : 0.3 : 3:10 : 12/8
Sharekhan : ---------( NO IDEA )----INTERESTED TO KNOW---
Angel :---------( NO IDEA )----INTERESTED TO KNOW---
Ventura :---------( NO IDEA )----INTERESTED TO KNOW---
Zerodha : ---------( have some IDEA )----INTERESTED TO KNOW MORE---HEARD ITS ECONOMICAL

OK so buddies, the problem for me with the one am using now ( canmoney) is the square off time..all my guesses come out true only after 3 :00pm & so loosing so much bcz of 3:00pm square off.even 3-5 mins would change my fate at end & the brokerage is high (moderate comapred to icici,HDFC ) compared to other private broker. And the exposure is very low.

As far as software: canmoney web based ( looks gud ) , GEOJIT software is great. ODIN : fine but not that gud with the black backgroud.

My requirement :
1.Definitely above 3 :15 square off on intraday. beaten up so badly bcz of 3:00pm square-off :annoyed:
2.brokerage : atleast 0.025% & 0.25% (each side )
3.Exposure : atleast 12-15time
4.software : not specific , may be will adjust with time ( but geojit is gud )
5. MOST IMPORTANTLY THE SWING FACILITY WITH GEOJIT IS COOL . THAT IS TO MAINTAIN INTRDAY POSITION FOR 7 calender days ( 5 normal trading days on a normal week).
So plz can someone tell me a gud broker to deal with here....with my requirement....srry to make it big...jus wanted to make sure...all other newbies too get benifited with experienced frnds advising each of these part.

I dont know anything more than equities...so i havnt bothered abt the other brokerages like F&O, currencies & others...

Plz reply with some useful suggestions so that i could make use of it.

Thnk u & regards.

Last edited:

vikrit

Hai guys,
Gud day, Am again a newbie into trading who is learning lessons one after the other by taking good blows from market...:down:
But ya, its always this way for me in everything :eek:.
Anyway, am jus using the canmoney platform from canara bank. i opened with them considering to start with a public sector rather a private broker. Anyway, now am finding things difficult on top of knowing other brokers provide gud options than this . Plz check the rates & suggest me a better one.

NAME : INTRADAY : Delivery : Square off : Exposure (no of times)
Canmoney : 0.05 : 0.35 : 3:00 : 5
(the rest below are my information gathered)
CD equities : 0.025 : 0.25 : 3:20 : 12/10 ( on negotiation)
Religare-odin: 0.025 : 0.25 : 3:30 : 15-20 ( on negotiation)
Religare-race: no idea :no idea : 3:30 : 12/10 ( on negotiation)
Geojit : 0.03 : 0.3 : 3:10 : 12/8
Sharekhan : ---------( NO IDEA )----INTERESTED TO KNOW---
Angel :---------( NO IDEA )----INTERESTED TO KNOW---
Ventura :---------( NO IDEA )----INTERESTED TO KNOW---
Zerodha : ---------( have some IDEA )----INTERESTED TO KNOW MORE---HEARD ITS ECONOMICAL

OK so buddies, the problem for me with the one am using now ( canmoney) is the square off time..all my guesses come out true only after 3 :00pm & so loosing so much bcz of 3:00pm square off.even 3-5 mins would change my fate at end & the brokerage is high (moderate comapred to icici,HDFC ) compared to other private broker. And the exposure is very low.

As far as software: canmoney web based ( looks gud ) , GEOJIT software is great. ODIN : fine but not that gud with the black backgroud.

My requirement :
1.Definitely above 3 :15 square off on intraday. beaten up so badly bcz of this :annoyed:
2.brokerage : atleast 0.025% & 0.25% (each side )
3.Exposure : atleast 12-15time
4.software : not specific , may be will adjust with time ( but geojit is gud )
5. MOST IMPORTANTLY THE SWING FACILITY WITH GEOJIT IS COOL . THAT IS TO MAINTAIN INTRDAY POSITION FOR 7 calender days ( 5 normal trading days on a normal week).
So plz can someone tell me a gud broker to deal with here....with my requirement....srry to make it big...jus wanted to make sure...all other newbies too get benifited with experienced frnds advising each of these part.

I dont know anything more than equities...so i havnt bothered abt the other brokerages like F&O, currencies & others...

Plz reply with some useful suggestions so that i could make use of it.

Thnk u & regards.

atleast?? any broker would be happy to open for more. :D

zerodha is no use if problem with before 3.15 time for close trades with margin money. there are many other who will good, like sharekhan, benzel, etc. at sharekhan even they will give you extra cash limit for intraday if want and can negotiate. sharekhan software -tradetiger. tick refresh rate -4sec.

don't go for Angel, they charge Rs. 30 minimum brokerage per segment. so if you trade in nse, bse and futures, you will end up paying Rs. 90 as minimum brokerage per day. even if you trade intraday for 5000 rs they charge 30rs brokerage. stay away from Angel and teach them a lesson. With Sharekhan you will save lots on brokerage plus you will get Tradetiger which i heard is superior to Odin offered by Angel.
Hi, Odin is widely used terminal in the industry and the keys are also user friendly. As per my knowledge minimum brokerage has become common amongst leading brokers. One should consider the services/supprt rather then the charges. Brokerage offered by Angel is most competitive then any other brokerI think you should go for Angel

Hi, Odin is widely used terminal in the industry and the keys are also user friendly. As per my knowledge minimum brokerage has become common amongst leading brokers. One should consider the services/supprt rather then the charges. Brokerage offered by Angel is most competitive then any other broker…I think you should go for Angel…
i know odin is good. maybe minimum brokerage is common among leading brokers but i have not seen anyone charging minimum per segment.

for example: spicejet is listed only on bse. so i buy 100 shares at 22, turnover is Rs. 2200. you charge me minimum Rs. 30 brokerage, ok its fine

then i daytrade in NSE for a turnover of Rs 10,000, again i am charged Rs. 30 brokerage. which is not fine.

then i trade commodities, i buy gold gunia 1 lot, so you charge me another Rs. 30 brokerage.

so this is the problem, minimum brokerage per segment is the problem. i don't think sharekhan charges minimum brokerage at all. even if they do it will be for all the segments.

kaly422000

main thing is that which broking platform is good and fast and fast order execution. then brokerage etc.
is odin is better than tradetiger technically.
there r another competeter iifl but it is very slow to open when first start