Reliance Natural Resources Fund

You can see all the NAVs at Association of Mutual Funds India website ...

Btw .. Reliance ppl took entry load on our investments even though the application was done directly to them through their website .. In fact the account statement says Agent Broker Code : Direct ...

I'll have to clear this thing with them .. :|

I dont understand this. If I were to be fund manager during these voilatile market, and invest money, NAV should be atleaset 11.

I myself can identify the stock and would have bought shares at very low price. Seems, at 17500+ its nav is 10.16 and keep going down on each dip.

If market touch 16500, I guess, the NAV will be less than 10.

I dont understand this. If I were to be fund manager during these voilatile market, and invest money, NAV should be atleaset 11.

I myself can identify the stock and would have bought shares at very low price. Seems, at 17500+ its nav is 10.16 and keep going down on each dip.

If market touch 16500, I guess, the NAV will be less than 10.
Hi!
The 'devil' is already here- sensx shedding 900pts today. Its NAV will touch bottoms.
But see, being a thematic fund it has to stick to its narrow viewpoint among stocks. Its not always that the fund manager can pick up those rising stocks which we see in green, all d/t fund's thematic/sector adherence.
mr india

Since market is getting more and more volatile and it could be expected at 12k in coming weeks. What would you suggest to get your investments saved from future volatile.

By the way when do you think I can redeem or switch Reliance Natural Resources Fund as I did at initial allocated and still I am unable to do so.

Please advise

Hi!
The 'devil' is already here- sensx shedding 900pts today. Its NAV will touch bottoms.
But see, being a thematic fund it has to stick to its narrow viewpoint among stocks. Its not always that the fund manager can pick up those rising stocks which we see in green, all d/t fund's thematic/sector adherence.
mr india
The Point here is, I did'nt expect that he has to pick stock that only goes in green.

But if he had purchased most of the stocks when market touch 15500-16000 levels, and when listed when market comes to 17500, The Nav must be around 11.5-12 and when market goes back to 16000 level, it can touch 10.5 - 10 as NAV.

But all my concern was, at 17500, it lists at 10.14 nav, then he did some thing not good for investor

The Point here is, I did'nt expect that he has to pick stock that only goes in green.

But if he had purchased most of the stocks when market touch 15500-16000 levels, and when listed when market comes to 17500, The Nav must be around 11.5-12 and when market goes back to 16000 level, it can touch 10.5 - 10 as NAV.

But all my concern was, at 17500, it lists at 10.14 nav, then he did some thing not good for investor
A 2 month view is not enough to evaluate a fund. Most people would look at 3 or 5 years.

Secondly can the performance of this fund be compared to the sensex? It is a thematic fund and it should be compared to it's benchmark -BSE 200.

Last edited:
Since market is getting more and more volatile and it could be expected at 12k in coming weeks. What would you suggest to get your investments saved from future volatile.

By the way when do you think I can redeem or switch Reliance Natural Resources Fund as I did at initial allocated and still I am unable to do so.

Please advise
Mutual funds are long term savings instruments, they are not trading instruments like shares. Please look into the Systematic Investment Plan Thread.

The best way to build a portfolio would be to avoid NFOs as Reliance Natural Resources Fund and to go for funds that have proven track record. Check out the threads, Existing MFs Vs NFO and Portfolio review.

Re: Mutual funds General Discussions

Is anybody received Reliance Natural Resources statement recently??? (yet to receive even after 6+ weeks):confused:
Appreciate if Mr.Indian and Vicky can helpme out on this...
Thanks in advance..
Rams