Real Time Data

C

CreditViolet

Hello Gacsekar,

3. It work smoothly for my machine which has 1.5Ghz Pentium with 512MB memory (and i do have other aps running as well - mostly security oriented). So practically speaking , i would recommend you to have 512MB of memory and really good internet connection.

4.I tried esignal with a DataCard on my laptop and it was not able to provide data consistently. It seems esignal has issues with proxy based net connection as well as low speed connection. I have 256mbps connection speed at my home.
I have used it on a slow connection ( Wireless ) and didnt have any problems, backfill downloads can be slow if you are tracking many stocks.

The Datamanager that comes with eSignal uses very low resources, about 4mb and the new one is better I heard.

To the poster above, real time limit of symbols is 200 at a time but there is no limit to the history you can download.You can also increase your limit to 500 for extra fees.

Hello Stumper,

Dose esignal provide any historical data for their new subscriber or they provide only real time data since the date you subscribe.
What I want to ask is if I subscribe today then I will get data from today only or they also provide some historical data of last few days.

Siddhakala

stumper

Hello Stumper,

Dose esignal provide any historical data for their new subscriber or they provide only real time data since the date you subscribe.
What I want to ask is if I subscribe today then I will get data from today only or they also provide some historical data of last few days.

Siddhakala
Hi Siddhakala,

Yes they do provide historical data..no worries.

Regards,
Stumper

Can you elobrate a bit further?
You must have some local brokers around... not big names like religare or reliance or India bulls.. but small brokers with private names like anything... talk to them. If you open a demat account or a trading account with them.. they shall give you the real time data for free..

You're absolutely right, this is about attitudes. I'm not supporting the data vendors, but would like to mention that NSE's charges are very high, Rs.2 lakhs per annum + service taxes for 5 minute snapshots, and, Rs.10+ lakhs per annum for realtime data. The exchange fee of US$2 is charged by esignal for NSE, apart from their regular datafeed charges.
Hi
Would you be able to provide further details as to where one could find out about the NSE charges. I tried their website but couldnt get hold of any links that talks about this.

Best regards
Pati