Real Time Data

E-signal charges $ 2.00 per month as NSE charges,so it boils down to max Rs 100.00 ( fluctuations of coversion rate),all these Data vendors can collect this amount from their costomers & pay NSE & the legal / quality ;part can end there,but they does not even do that.Even you can pay Yahoo (heard something like Rs 200.00 per month).
Someone was offering his PIB convertor FREE ,& only asked for One Time Rs 50.00 to Rs 100.00 to be deposited in his Bank A/C as gratuity money,nobody did but all Downloaded.
Joy wanted to have a MetaLib ,pooling the money amongst 20 heads,except 2 person nobody offered himself.
This is our Status we cant even spare few 100.00 bucks,though we revise our SL every day ,to concede few 100.00 more loss.
You're absolutely right, this is about attitudes. I'm not supporting the data vendors, but would like to mention that NSE's charges are very high, Rs.2 lakhs per annum + service taxes for 5 minute snapshots, and, Rs.10+ lakhs per annum for realtime data. The exchange fee of US$2 is charged by esignal for NSE, apart from their regular datafeed charges.

stumper

Friends ,

I think many seniors have also clarified .... Esignal, Reuters, IRIS (not 100% sure on its complete name) are the only one who are giving LIVE data (they get the data feed from NSE in turn). The other vendors dont give live data (or are not legally authorized by NSE).

I may be wrong but this info is as per whatever queries i have made on the net.

Stumper

Friends ,

I think many seniors have also clarified .... Esignal, Reuters, IRIS (not 100% sure on its complete name) are the only one who are giving LIVE data (they get the data feed from NSE in turn). The other vendors dont give live data (or are not legally authorized by NSE).

I may be wrong but this info is as per whatever queries i have made on the net.

Stumper
Hello

Thanks for your reply. Data supplied by Iris can not be used with Metastock or Amibroker and their software is useless.
Can you guide me about current charges of Esignal?
Isn't there any good Indian data vendor?

Siddhakala

stumper

Hello Siddhakala ,

Esignal charges you 125$ fee per month (reduced to 95$/MO in case you for annual contract) for its software. Then there is a fee for exchange fee. So suppose if you go for NSE, you have to pay 2$ more. For BSE i think its 10 dollars now. Should work out to 127$ /MO for NSE and 135$ for BSE.

In my revious posts i did mention that for day traders quality and reliability of data is very important. Which is a concern area for INDIAN vendors. In case you are day trader, do your homework before selecting from many of our indian data providers. Since i day trade i dont have any option but to go for Esignal. They have live tick by tick data. Its reliable.

Stumper

Hello Siddhakala ,

Esignal charges you 125$ fee per month (reduced to 95$/MO in case you for annual contract) for its software. Then there is a fee for exchange fee. So suppose if you go for NSE, you have to pay 2$ more. For BSE i think its 10 dollars now. Should work out to 127$ /MO for NSE and 135$ for BSE.

In my revious posts i did mention that for day traders quality and reliability of data is very important. Which is a concern area for INDIAN vendors. In case you are day trader, do your homework before selecting from many of our indian data providers. Since i day trade i dont have any option but to go for Esignal. They have live tick by tick data. Its reliable.

Stumper
Hello Stumper,

Thank you very much for your reply. You have mentioned that "Esignal charges $127 for its software". Do you mean that I should use Esignal's charting software or the data is compatible with Metastock or Amibroker? Do they cover all scripts?

Sudesh

stumper

Hello Stumper,

Thank you very much for your reply. You have mentioned that "Esignal charges $127 for its software". Do you mean that I should use Esignal's charting software or the data is compatible with Metastock or Amibroker? Do they cover all scripts?

Sudesh
As far as i know, they dont just give you "Data" ... its software+data (software charges are $125 + $2 for data).

esignal software itself is powerfull enough. I dont use it with metastock or amibroker. I belive u can plug its data with metastock or amibroker if u so wish.

Regards ,
Stumper.

Hi Stumper,
I need the following points clarified regarding Esignal services for NSE data:
1. Is there limitations to the number of scripts for down load?

2 Do we get data for Futures & Options also? Or are there extra charges for it?

3 What is the memory / cpm usage (will it slow down my PC?)

Thanks in advance
gacsekar

stumper

Hi Stumper,
I need the following points clarified regarding Esignal services for NSE data:
1. Is there limitations to the number of scripts for down load?

2 Do we get data for Futures & Options also? Or are there extra charges for it?

3 What is the memory / cpm usage (will it slow down my PC?)

Thanks in advance
gacsekar
Hello Gacsekar,

1. Scripts for download? ....Not really what you mean .... but i keep track of around 20 odd scripts at the same time without any issues.
2. Yes, Futures and Options data is available.
3. It work smoothly for my machine which has 1.5Ghz Pentium with 512MB memory (and i do have other aps running as well - mostly security oriented). So practically speaking , i would recommend you to have 512MB of memory and really good internet connection.

4.I tried esignal with a DataCard on my laptop and it was not able to provide data consistently. It seems esignal has issues with proxy based net connection as well as low speed connection. I have 256mbps connection speed at my home.

Regards ,
Stumper.