Real Time Data

rkgoyal_98

Hello

It may be correct that they are not doing the correct things as they may be violating the code of conduct as far as yahoo is concerned. But if people can use yahoo data as their own why anyone should buy from them. It is infact good trial for those who can not use yahoo data on their own. Many people may like to test waters but may not be confident to spend huge money real data venders are charging. Moreover i think there is some value added which is not available on Yahoo. I mean Data for the futures is not easily workable on Yahoo
That is my point of view
Thanks
Rajeev

U

uasish

E-signal charges $ 2.00 per month as NSE charges,so it boils down to max Rs 100.00 ( fluctuations of coversion rate),all these Data vendors can collect this amount from their costomers & pay NSE & the legal / quality ;part can end there,but they does not even do that.Even you can pay Yahoo (heard something like Rs 200.00 per month).
Someone was offering his PIB convertor FREE ,& only asked for One Time Rs 50.00 to Rs 100.00 to be deposited in his Bank A/C as gratuity money,nobody did but all Downloaded.
Joy wanted to have a MetaLib ,pooling the money amongst 20 heads,except 2 person nobody offered himself.
This is our Status we cant even spare few 100.00 bucks,though we revise our SL every day ,to concede few 100.00 more loss.

rkgoyal_98

Dear Ashish

Very true that many of us are not sparing money for this part. It is also true that there was one guy who was offering PIB converter free. It is Pity that many of the guys did not pay even Rs. 50/- as one time payment. So it comes down to that our mentality is like we will pay only if we are forced to do so. Out of this only i will say whoever like to pay must have seen some value in paying Rs. 495 or 412 as (someone said here) to this guy. So in my view there ma be some Marketing but one basic aspect here is only those will get lured who have some brain and can see some value there. This is unlike many who put hot TIPS and many otrhers jump on the results as they must not have applied any brain on that. So i will say only those will look at data vended buy them who see some value for thier money. others can just ignore.

And coming to Morals - i think we can judge from only this - How many legal windows are their in India compared to no. of PCs
Rajeev

stumper

Hello All,

I think the real context got lost somewhere in the whole trail.

Although many of the members have expressed need for live data and in the same breadth mentioned that they are OK with 5 min delay!!!

Friends, Live data is most usefull for Day Traders. Period. If you are a day trader, than you need live data. Not a 5 min delay, or a 2 min delay. You need tick by tick data. Simple. Before people jump on my neck, this is best practise and not a mandatory rule.

So in case you need live data, you need to go for IRIS or E-signal or Reuters.

Here is my personal take on the issue of choosing a Live Data vendor.
I basically would like to ask the following question's(not in specific order):

1. Is the vendor providing a true "Live data". That is, tick by tick data without any delays.

2. Is the vendor getting the data live from the exchange ? How long has he been in this business?

3. How much disruption has he had in the past in data feed. Can he backfill?

4. Will he provide both software and data? if thats the case, can his data be integrated into metastock?

5. Whats is the quality of support available?

6. I need to question my self, "Do i actually need Live tick data ?"

I personally use e-signal (im not associated with e-signal in any form apart from being a retail customer for them) as the data is Live, accurate and resonable priced.

Regards ,
Stumper.