dell

yes umesh ji ,

total winning trades :449

1)0-30 points winning trades are 121
2)30-60 points winning trades are 67
3)60-100 points winning trades are 81
4)100-200 points winning trades are 93
5)200 above points winning trades are 87

here i have not calculated gap trades because , we cover our position on adverse gap , but in long trade trade is contuning , so how to use gap ?? as maximum times gaps are in favour of our long trade .......

suri112000

Dont you think that the details of the GAINING trades is as important as loosing trades.
How many GAP trades for 100+ points went in our favour ?!!
For the last 4 years banknifty witnessed unprecedented bull run which augurs well for gaps in favour of long trades. This fact should be taken care of while backtesting.

umeshmandal

How exactly do we define a GAP ! ?

Gap between the last Candle and First candle the next day.
This gap may differ depending on the TF of the chart.

Gap between low of the previous day and opening high (Gap Down)
Gap between high of the previous day and opening low (Gap up)

XRAY27

@Dell
hi nice thread...
my trade time is one min and trend time is 5 min (intra) ,another is hourly for positional.............it taken 3 years to build that setup withstanding all the market dynamics ...works for nifty and bnf
you are going great...keep it up dear
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

dell

@Dell
hi nice thread...
my trade time is one min and trend time is 5 min (intra) ,another is hourly for positional.............it taken 3 years to build that setup withstanding all the market dynamics ...works for nifty and bnf
you are going great...keep it up dear
:clap::clap::clap::clap:
thank you XRAY sir , i am also struggle from 08-09 , wipe out 3 times , tried all paid system available of net , tried maximum methods available , whether tsf , ********** or tj or moneycontrol , i mainly trade on discretionary way ,yes but now i feels some better understanding of market than my earlier struggling days ,

sir from 2 yrs i am trying to build a mechnical system which helps me in increasing my decision making power ........my motto is to mix both of one , after trigger from system i will use my approach of discretionary way to scale in out.....i am not in hurry for that , i know it will need time to well versed in , i have estimated 2 yrs more time to be settled in this approach , as sir have well settled business a side so it will care my other needs .

here i am trying to work out on structure that works , after that i will mix my approach and understanding with that working structure to maximize my effort ,as u are experienced more than me , u know many times just by seeing what is going on chart, we predict that a major move is on card , that can't be coded , it comes from experience ......""instint""

umeshmandal

I beg to differ on this one as from what I believe only events create good market movement otherwise what we have is only side way market, which is useless for retailers and only favours hedge-funds.
To each his own ! No issues... but this rule I created for my trading based on my experience. On days when RBI announces Credit Policy, the market movement is not trending but 'vicious' at that moment. Moving both ways taking away the SL's on both sides. Hence I prefer trading on such a day "after" the event when the affect is factored in. I am quiet convinced about it and more so after burning mu fingers thrice ! :eek:

dell

To each his own ! No issues... but this rule I created for my trading based on my experience. On days when RBI announces Credit Policy, the market movement is not trending but 'vicious' at that moment. Moving both ways taking away the SL's on both sides. Hence I prefer trading on such a day "after" the event when the affect is factored in. I am quiet convinced about it and more so after burning mu fingers thrice ! :eek:
yes i also burn my fingers during volatility around news times , up or down both sl get burried , out of 10 times , 1-2 times it favours us , and many time we are right but due to up-down volatility our sl gets hits and market again resume it's direction , right way is to settle the effect and than trade according to system ........may be i am wrong here , but i trade with a very tight sl and eagle watch around news time , quick action needed and tf is reduced to 1 min.

dell

i have seen an interesting thing also ,when we have a big win like 200-400 points in 3m tf , than 3-4 trades ahead get whips for a sl of 20-25 points .....

also when we get 3-5 consetive loosing trades, after that a winning trade of around 200-300 points is always comes .......

so idea here is , after say 4 consecutive loosing trades take trade ,if fails than trade with 2 lots , if it also fails increase ur lot size according to ur risk appititude ......so here a probability of winning trade is high ?

for checking this theory ,can any one help me in:

how we can put conditions like if previous two trades are failed (loss ) than initiate new trade ? like , yesterday trade get in loss , now today trade also in loss than tommorow signal will be taken , if both of earlier trades are not in loss than not take new signal ........
just trying to see if this filter is working or not ?

umeshmandal

i have seen an interesting thing also ,when we have a big win like 200-400 points in 3m tf , than 3-4 trades ahead get whips for a sl of 20-25 points .....

also when we get 3-5 consetive loosing trades, after that a winning trade of around 200-300 points is always comes .......

so idea here is , after say 4 consecutive loosing trades take trade ,if fails than trade with 2 lots , if it also fails increase ur lot size according to ur risk appititude ......so here a probability of winning trade is high ?

for checking this theory ,can any one help me in:

how we can put conditions like if previous two trades are failed (loss ) than initiate new trade ? like , yesterday trade get in loss , now today trade also in loss than tommorow signal will be taken , if both of earlier trades are not in loss than not take new signal ........
just trying to see if this filter is working or not ?
This happens at times and my thinking for this is : We get whipped multiple times because market is in sideways phase/consolidating ! And then we get a breakout that gives us good move. Problem is the "whips" cannot be quantified and imho it cannot be timed. The only remedy is : Trade ALL moves.

dell

This happens at times and my thinking for this is : We get whipped multiple times because market is in sideways phase/consolidating ! And then we get a breakout that gives us good move. Problem is the "whips" cannot be quantified and imho it cannot be timed. The only remedy is : Trade ALL moves.
but whatif we trade only in scripts where previous 4 trades are loosing one , may be after testing it will comes to 5 trades loosing and than trade only ?

it is probability game , we trade there with small sl , may be out of 10 trades if 4 trades are get hitted , than it will enough , as that win will be a good R:R win .........

imho , as 4-5 trades are also failed , so we have already a plus point ? so if system is tested and this theory is tested than by our position sizing , we can get a better probality trade .....

Status
Not open for further replies.