random mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

dell

if possible upload ur supertrend code , as there are many other versions available on net , so that others also can check at there end , and suggest u some modification in it .....upload year wise backtest report to get clarity ........

dell

Hi ! Do you realise that you have a tendency to write "tommorow" when you mean "yesterday" !
kam pada likha hona bhi kabhi-kabhi dikkat deta hay .........

ya , that is problem with me , but will try next time to write correctly ..........

as i am not fluent in english so many times grammetical mistakes are also there .....

dell

january 2014 tata steel---+70

sure ll upload this afl bro...one more thing...select one stock from each sector. shd backtest manually with supertrend ..Trade in every script (5 from 5 sector) with
100 qty each in cash .....diff script from diff sector cant be range bound.....trade like robo..signal to signal...dnt mix our brain ..ll tell u scripts later...:thumb:
post backtest report year wise , than any conclusion will come .....

umeshmandal

i came to super trend just bcz max company's who providing robo trade following /suggesting this swing trade..basics behind there syst is swing system..only colors and styles are different...
If possible please post the AFL for the parameters you use. I wish to get it converted to Metastock !

dell

today wrap up :

on 3m sys: one trade is initiate and covered

buy at : 10524.15 sell at :10544.55 max gain :68.75 net gain:20.40

on 15m sys :
buy at :10524.15

so 2 lots are taken home in 15m sys.

today gain:40.80
yesterday gain:1023.60
cumulative gain:1064.40 total points......

umeshmandal

req to all----if u found this good with any other script pl let us kw...tx in advance.....
Supertrend : Param : 2.5 and 20
So how do you trade it? When a candle closes above the ST, you go long on close of the candle or above the high? A senior member suggested to go above the high and that too with filter. This seems to delay our entry by quiet a few points!!
How have you been trading it? Can you specify the ESL and TSL also along with T1 and T2 etc. if applicable.
I would like to analyse Tata Steel bar by bar for 2013 with your rules.

dell

one interesting thing i noticed , while testing a combination in 10m tf ( after reading madan ji interview on zeordha blog )(theme is bassed on price action )(purely discretionary way ), testing on 1 lot only and testing period is 4 yrs past data , done in excel sheet ......

609 long trades and 575 short trades = 1184 total trades.

in which total 735 trades are loss making

total points earned 19996
total loosing points -33338
total gaining points 53334

in this 735 loosing trades:

1)0-30 points loosing trades are 295
2)30-60 points loosing trades are 293
3)60-100 points loosing trades are 96
4)100-200 points loosing trades are 45
5)200 above points loosing trades are 6

in this 6 trades of loosing above 200 points all are of adverse gap opening ,
and in 45 trades of lossing points above 100-200 points there are 36 cases for adverse gap opening .........

now question arise , how to handle adverse gap opening issue , in this system we have to keep position overnight , so for hedging purpose what we have to do ??

another question arise , what will be initial sl to put is 30 points is enough ? or it has to arise more ??what will be the valid sl here ..........??

another thing i noticed , if we put a fiter of candle high+3 point filter than we can avoid 65 false trades.......

so how to deal with adverse gap opening and what will be initial sl to be put here , suggestions welcomed ......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.