R K Global Issues!

OK. Today I opened up another account with Angel Broking because there is regional head office in my city. So I have a relationship manager and I thought some times it is better to deal with a company that has a physical presence in my neighborhood...They also have ANGEL DIET which is the same as RK Global's ODIN DIIET. Whild installing ANGEL DIET, it had to uninstall RK GLOBAL's ODIN DIET. So is this the case? I mean, can't i have both these DIET's running on the same machine or what? Can some one enlighten me? Is there a way to get around this issue? or not? I have come to the conclusion that it is better to have 2-3 brokers to do business rather than just do business with one broker. God forbid if some thing were to happen to one broker, then I always have a back up broker.

Flock

To: Hari09omkar

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot my hardware problem.

My configuration: I have my modem connected to a multi plug. This multi-plug is connected to my UPS/Inverter. This is the small computer UPS. This UPS goes to a room plug point. This room plug point is connected to the "Real UPS" which can keep my computer for 4-5 hours during a power failure.

Now this is in reference to your posting. Whenever the power goes off, the internet still works fine. This is after a temporary millisecond disconnection like you had mentioned. My modem shuts off temporarily when the power goes off. And it automatically restarts again. So now at this point, I can surf the net. I also have e-signal and my e-signal seems to work fine. Issue is this RK Globals ODIN. Either ODIN starts and there is no quotes or quotes doesn't update. Or ODIN freezes during that scrib downloading window phase.

So this is my problem. Today, I will use my laptop and see if I experience the same problem or not.

This is what happens:

When your modem goes off and on for a millisecond, it reconnects with the server. The IP address is mostly different. Since ODIN uses SSL, you have to logout and login into the server again so that the new IP is recognised. Normal web browsing will not be a problem at all.

The solution to this problem is to get an ONLINE ups. This will prevent the modem from disconnecting and reconnecting to the server. Switching to the laptop will not help unless you have an internal modem. If you are using the same external modem, problem is likely to remain the same.

I am also going to get one, because though my flat has generator backup I got disconnected three times today due to power interruptions. Iam using a laptop with an external ADSL modem.

Rgds

Last edited:

Flock

OK. Today I opened up another account with Angel Broking because there is regional head office in my city. So I have a relationship manager and I thought some times it is better to deal with a company that has a physical presence in my neighborhood...They also have ANGEL DIET which is the same as RK Global's ODIN DIIET. Whild installing ANGEL DIET, it had to uninstall RK GLOBAL's ODIN DIET. So is this the case? I mean, can't i have both these DIET's running on the same machine or what? Can some one enlighten me? Is there a way to get around this issue? or not? I have come to the conclusion that it is better to have 2-3 brokers to do business rather than just do business with one broker. God forbid if some thing were to happen to one broker, then I always have a back up broker.
Try installing to a different directory, but not recommended. If there is a resource clash or dll version difference both maynot work properly. If you have two computers you can install one on each.

milkyblack

Came across this troubleshooting info for the kind of problem being faced by Milky. This is meant for the Angel Broking AngelDiet platform.

Click on Start => Run, type telnet diet.angelbolt.com 80 and click on ok.
Please check if junk data is coming in a small window. If its coming, please
Run the master file on www.angeltrade.com/downloads.htm, or from the Diet (My Computer => C:\drive => Odin => Diet => Masters).

For rkg you'll need to use - telnet <BroadcastServer DNSName/IP> 80

Also hope you have a LAN card installed.

Regards,
Kalyan.
I tried it today! I got the junk data on the screen(another one)... but what I do not understand is... what is the use of it? I mean even then it got disconnected...
Today the disconnection was more during end session... i.e like after 2.30pm!

I must say again that it is improving! But not upto the mark yet!

Regards

milkyblack

keep blank the price field(just back space the o which is there in the price field)
then press double ENTER
hope the prob ll be solved from 2mrw:)
Hi Deb,

It did not work for me... I got some exchange code error (something like that) :confused:

So had to place limit order...
If any one else has tried and succeed it... plz inform... wud again try 2mw!

Regards

milkyblack

Hello friends,

Today I had requested for a withdrawl of some money into my a/c through the bank URL provided in the ODIN... I got a transfer request ID..

When it gets credited to my bank a/c would update here... This would let us know how much time do they take to do the needful :)

Regards

H

hari09omkar

Is there a charge of 25/- per trade over the phone?
They announced it in their site....they signed me the document where it was written.....but the lady who made me the call for the first time convinced that although it was said by them but they haven't charged any one till date.The guy who signed me the agreement papers,also told the kind.The contract note doesn't contain the charge of my call...so I can say that they r not charging it right now....hope this continues as well.

beginner_av

They announced it in their site....they signed me the document where it was written.....but the lady who made me the call for the first time convinced that although it was said by them but they haven't charged any one till date.The guy who signed me the agreement papers,also told the kind.The contract note doesn't contain the charge of my call...so I can say that they r not charging it right now....hope this continues as well.
thats great to hear.

beginner_av

Hello friends,

Today I had requested for a withdrawl of some money into my a/c through the bank URL provided in the ODIN... I got a transfer request ID..

When it gets credited to my bank a/c would update here... This would let us know how much time do they take to do the needful :)

Regards
2 days for my friend. lets see yours.