Performance Postmortem

November 2017 was same as the previous month and ended flat mildly +ve. Might have been better, if not for a suicide day. (details)

AVG21 is -3.74, AVG63 is -56.33 and AVG250 is -204.74 ;

2017 is at -55041.7

In November, the profitable sessions yielded Rs. 15666.40 in 13 sessions (average Rs. 1205), but the losing sessions cost Rs. 14311.83 in 5 sessions (Rs. 2862). There were 3 no trade sessions.

Let's see if December can bring down the profit:loss ratio

Last edited:

suri112000

Most easiest thing in Day Trading is Entry.
The toughest task in Day Trading is Exit.

Almost entries are perfect except for some missed trades.
Exits are pathetic. Mind deceives us to convert a trade into hope out of greed. Many times I converted profitable positions into losses. I find it difficult to make a profit on next few trades because I faulted on basic theme of Day trading. Pyschological rythem gets lost. Difficult to come back once a blunder happens.

I personally feel that profits come in Day trading when you are in synch with price moves psychologically.
When this basic synch fails, i take a long break from market.

Contra

@timepass

Have you considered using AVG13 and AVG21 along with AVG55?

13 and 21 have connections to Fibonacci series. 55 is great for figuring out the the long term trend (it should be moving up or down in a clear way; if it is flat then the market is sideways and trades during this phase are best avoided). I've been using the 13-21-55 combo for my positional trades.

@timepass

Have you considered using AVG13 and AVG21 along with AVG55?

13 and 21 have connections to Fibonacci series. 55 is great for figuring out the the long term trend (it should be moving up or down in a clear way; if it is flat then the market is sideways and trades during this phase are best avoided). I've been using the 13-21-55 combo for my positional trades.
I trade intraday. Any suggestions for the same ? The averages and timeframe

Contra

I trade intraday. Any suggestions for the same ? The averages and timeframe
The same concept is adaptable to intraday as well (though with positional you get high probability entries & can trade confirmed pullbacks).

E.g., here's the 1Hr chart of Nifty spot with 13, 21 & 55 EMA drawn (red, green & black respectively). See how the angle of these lines shows the trend and watch how the break of 55EMA precedes change in trend to the downside). Prices had been taking support along 13-21-55 through the week. But once 55 was broken, we saw a swift downside.

Attachments

Thanks a lot.

But here it seems that the stoploss is too deep. About 60-100 pts in BNF (i.e. Rs. 3-4000).

Maybe I'll try it with the equities, where I normally use 8-21-200 on 1-3 min.
The same concept is adaptable to intraday as well (though with positional you get high probability entries & can trade confirmed pullbacks).

E.g., here's the 1Hr chart of Nifty spot with 13, 21 & 55 EMA drawn (red, green & black respectively). See how the angle of these lines shows the trend and watch how the break of 55EMA precedes change in trend to the downside). Prices had been taking support along 13-21-55 through the week. But once 55 was broken, we saw a swift downside.

Contra

Thanks a lot.

But here it seems that the stoploss is too deep. About 60-100 pts in BNF (i.e. Rs. 3-4000).

Maybe I'll try it with the equities, where I normally use 8-21-200 on 1-3 min.
Not if we trade pullbacks instead of pure crossovers. That is, we initiate trade at the 2nd leg of the trade.... Crossover happens (don't trade there). Now wait for a pullback to 13, 21 or 55, then trade the next move down or up in the intended direction. It's basically an adaptation to the swing high / swing low concept with EMAs added for flexibility & accuracy.

HappyLife

@TP babu
instead of posting ledger log why not post chart of losing trade with reasoning behind buy/sell… may be someone could help you as 90% TJ belong to winner category… :LOL:
& with that much capital trade something that lot size under 250 ……