Performance Postmortem

@TP babu
instead of posting ledger log why not post chart of losing trade with reasoning behind buy/sell… may be someone could help you as 90% TJ belong to winner category… :LOL:
& with that much capital trade something that lot size under 250 ……
Look at the ledger, the losses are in futures always. Equities have almost always given profits, though of small size.

That's true, but what kind of stoploss would one keep for this ? Just in case of whipsaws (of which there are plenty in intraday).
talking about nifty/ banknifty/ tcs future (lot under 250)….
as per zerodha you need 18point in nifty & 5 point in tcs to make 1000rs …

that 8k dent on 10th was a big,else you were doing very good
yes, that 8k was on a "suicide" day. Too much discipline needed not to trade/revenge trade. I am realizing that day trading more about "don't"s than "do"s.
how many shares do u trade in Eq? and which Scrip?
In November, I traded Oriental Bank. I trade anywhere from 100-1500 shares. I keep a buy/sell order at 5 paisa intervals. Say, if I feel that it's going up, I will keep buy order from 126 to 125 - 100 shares per order - at 5 paisa intervals. I like to square off at 60-80 paisa.

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Hi, TP from above post I think you are following some kind of pyramid trading strategies. Below link can help u more to fine-tuning your trading strategies...

http://www.learntotradethemarket.com/forex-trading-strategies/pyramid-money-management-strategy
It's not exactly pyramid. It is sort of scalping in equity. But I won't be comfortable trading 500 at a time. So, I just spread it over 1/2 tick intervals. Daytrading is full of uncertainties.

Edit:
So, this kind of spread out buy/sell gives me enough room to exit, whether at leisure or in panic. Also gives me the opportunity to re-consider my flow, whether I should take reverse trade or not. If you notice, there is not a single negative session in equities in the last month (the entries saying "Settlement value for xx/xx/xxxx". All the setbacks have come from futures. Maybe someday I will learn to scale up the equities quantity to earn ok for myself.

upload_2017-12-2_18-56-47.png

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
I am viewing ur trading details first time. As a trader, I can understand some inside details..

F&O has min lot size which is big for individual stocks. So the big loss using F&O was due to the highly leveraged position with small capital which was not adequate for F&O trading.
Overtrading or Revenge trading is another part.

Trading is a mind game, many time whenever an intraday equity trader suddenly face loss after a series of win, he/she try to cover using more leverage, shift to F&O. That point due to big lot size and less capital u can't make average entry or book partially like before. U started neglecting your own money management rule unintentionally, that was the reason for such one-day big loss using F&O.
If u think in details, u'll know F&O was not the culprit but not following ur own style of money management(partial entry and partial exit etc).
And knowingly or unknowingly u r following the basic pyramid trading strategies so if u go through several tuto about it u'll be benefited soon IMO. U can fine-tuning ur SL and EXIT using pyramid money management along with ur charts...U r following it unknowingly...:D

Just take care of position sizing and money management. Stick to your plan..partial repeated entry etc... Wish u lots of profit soon.