Performance Postmortem

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
Kuch logo ka kam hey free Gyan dena (would have like to use another word, restricting myself due forum rules) - here you go.
@timepass, read this book (trust me I am not getting any cut money for promoting this).

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
Kuch logo ka kam hey free Gyan dena (would have like to use another word, restricting myself due forum rules) - here you go.
@timepass, read this book (trust me I am not getting any cut money for promoting this).
I hope i have not made this mistake :)

which book is this btw

October 2017 was a lacklustre month, which ended flat mildly +ve. Seems that the stoploss always gets hit. How to protect against that ?? Anyway, with the PSU banks having zoomed up so much, a stoploss of 30-50 paisa in Unionbank/Bankindia seems useless. Working on equity on those. But then again, position sizing is the problem in equities. Had 6 no trade sessions. (details)

AVG21 is 34.67, AVG63 is -577.34 and AVG250 is -425.61 ;

2017 is at -56396.3

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
Which kind of system are you trading? Trend, counter trend, momentum or anything else.
Have you backtested it?

Which kind of system are you trading? Trend, counter trend, momentum or anything else.
Have you backtested it?
Difficult question. When trading equities, I go for trend, mostly based on ADX.

With futures, whatever the opportunity appears. But these days I am hardly going contra, as I used to go in the past. (Timeframe 1-3 minutes).

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
Difficult question. When trading equities, I go for trend, mostly based on ADX.

With futures, whatever the opportunity appears. But these days I am hardly going contra, as I used to go in the past. (Timeframe 1-3 minutes).
adxcellence !!!

aja

October 2017 was a lacklustre month, which ended flat mildly +ve. Seems that the stoploss always gets hit. How to protect against that ?? Anyway, with the PSU banks having zoomed up so much, a stoploss of 30-50 paisa in Unionbank/Bankindia seems useless. Working on equity on those. But then again, position sizing is the problem in equities. Had 6 no trade sessions. (details)

2017 is at -56396.3
Very Happy to See you are still into it and didnt quit.Keep it up.

Raj232

2017 is at -56396.3
Looks like some profits and some losses, no direction seen :) .. inspite of using adx
Are there automated trades or are you manually placing them ?