Paintbars in QuoteTracker

If you check their website, they are still offering downloads for the 'Free' version.
Yes, you are right; the free version is still on offer for users that do not use US brokers that are competition to TD Ameritrade. For users that are not eligible for the free version, the crossover date to the paid version was this weekend.

Since NSE quotes did not update yesterday, the first day after the weekend, it seemed to be an unusual coincidence that made one pause and wonder if our understanding about the free version was correct. Once we realized that this was due to NSE changes at their website, and not a result of QT withdrawing their free version, there was a sigh of relief ... and what? of joy (sprinkling?).

QT set at 3 sec update interval helped me get JP at days low...feels gr8. Qt is good as far as intraday is concerned though it would have been better if all those alerts, adv scanner LII data were available but cant expect everything for free...... Anywayzzz is it possible to make those scanners in amibroker using afl, could make life a little easier in ami....

QT set at 3 sec update interval helped me get JP at days low...
The 3 sec update setting may be an illusion. If you open the 'Raw Data/Time & Sales' window, you will find that JPASSOCIAT quotes do not update more frequently than every 30 secs. Setting a value lower than this is perhaps a waste of resources, both yours and NSEs. I find the update interval to be about 30 secs for NIFTY and RELIANCE, and 60 secs for other scripts.

A free (with registration) resource to view QT under streaming quotes is ADVFN. With UK stocks such as VOD, BARC in the portfolio, it is useful to test QT paintbar code outside NSE hours.

murthymsr

QT set at 3 sec update interval helped me get JP at days low...feels gr8. Qt is good as far as intraday is concerned though it would have been better if all those alerts, adv scanner LII data were available but cant expect everything for free...... Anywayzzz is it possible to make those scanners in amibroker using afl, could make life a little easier in ami....
Hi matkari,
Congrats for being able to pick up JP at day's low!

But I am not sure howfar QT and 3 secs update setting have helped in catching the bottom.

The quote source for QT (NSEIndia) updates the data every minute and keeping the setting to 3 secs will only increase the bandwidth and may not always pick the bottom or top.

I think it's more by coincidence that the bottom occurred at the same instance of the NSE quote updation and it may not repeat every time. The 3 sec setting helped in avoiding the further delay.

Other users may share their observation/opinion on what I said.

Thanks that QT continues to be available for NSE.

murthymsr

Hi matkari,
Congrats for being able to pick up JP at day's low!

But I am not sure howfar QT and 3 secs update setting have helped in catching the bottom.

The quote source for QT (NSEIndia) updates the data every minute and keeping the setting to 3 secs will only increase the bandwidth and may not always pick the bottom or top.

I think it's more by coincidence that the bottom occurred at the same instance of the NSE quote updation and it may not repeat every time. The 3 sec setting helped in avoiding the further delay.

Other users may share their observation/opinion on what I said.

Thanks that QT continues to be available for NSE.

murthymsr

I dont keep the refresh interval value 3 at all times, most of the times its at default 60sec or sometimes at 40sec. But since the price fluctuations happening were quite dramatic, i decided to get it as low as my connection permitted. I dont know whether price was getting updated at 30s or 1min interval but the bid ask values were changing at breathtaking speed & thats what basically helps in predicting what the next price will be. I neither am nor do i claim to be fastest on the circuit, only thing was that the pivot was at 227 & days prev low (234.10) was broken in last few min, that egged me on to compete harder for a lower price. So monitoring the bid ask values alongwith the price & 2 side by side window arrangement helped me track the scrip changes & order at same time.

Having said all this who knows what the future will be. So whether it is days low or high, it really doesnt matter tomorrow is still a mystery for each one of us. But i always do hope tomorrow will be a better day than today was ......Cheers!!!

The 3 sec update setting may be an illusion. If you open the 'Raw Data/Time & Sales' window, you will find that JPASSOCIAT quotes do not update more frequently than every 30 secs. Setting a value lower than this is perhaps a waste of resources, both yours and NSEs. I find the update interval to be about 30 secs for NIFTY and RELIANCE, and 60 secs for other scripts.

A free (with registration) resource to view QT under streaming quotes is ADVFN. With UK stocks such as VOD, BARC in the portfolio, it is useful to test QT paintbar code outside NSE hours.
Free (with registration) means u need registered QT or registration at ADVFN. I m still tweaking with paintbar & colors & will do so till i find the right combi but at the end of the day it all boils down to tech analysis wherein its a long way to go for me, i m a novice just started investing/trading, have little clue as to when & which of those several indicators to use to get the clearer picture & make those charts more legible.

Free (with registration) means u need registered QT or registration at ADVFN. I m still tweaking with paintbar & colors & will do so till i find the right combi but at the end of the day it all boils down to tech analysis wherein its a long way to go for me, i m a novice just started investing/trading, have little clue as to when & which of those several indicators to use to get the clearer picture & make those charts more legible.
will you please explain how to register in ADVFN

will you please explain how to register in ADVFN
Visit http://in.advfn.com/p.php and click on 'Free Membership' or any of the 'Join ADVFN today/now' graphics.

This is unlikely to be what you are asking ... please restate.

Free version is working well with NSE scrips but how to link MCX ( Free). will you pl explain
The current version of QT (3.9.5) has dropped support for MCX. Earlier the format of the symbols was name+expiry_date e.g. ALUMINIUM+30NOV2009. Surprisingly, MCX indices e.g. MCXAGRI was never supported AFAIK.

Since you mention MCX (Free), the name that QT used to have in their drop-down list of data sources but not anymore, maybe you could check if it still works.

Sorry for the late response; missed this post.