Paintbars in QuoteTracker

Further to the email & Inspite of the clarification, link of which was provided by WL, from today morning onwards, my QT is NOT working to update stock data. Some consolation is that NIFTY is getting updated.
It does seem a coincidence given that the sunset date for QT changes was 20th Sep, 2009.

Checking the packet trace, it was not that QT was not trying to fetch quotes. It uses
Code:
GET /marketinfo/equities/cmquote_tab.jsp?key=BIOCONEQN&symbol=BIOCON&flag=0
NSE seems to have changed their symbol lookup script to
Code:
GET /marketinfo/equities/ajaxGetQuote.jsp?symbol=BIOCON&series=EQ
Also, the NSE page source indicates that it now uses Ajax to fetch the data. So, it remains to be seen if QT can parse the revised NSE page. If not, it might be bye to QT and that would be a hard knock.

I ve been searching for help on quotetracker.... Can any1 please tell me whether is it possible to get Level II data from custom servers in QT & how to use those built in advanced EOD scanners on the stocks in our portfolio?

I have also been playing with paintbars, your above posts & this thread as a whole will be of great help in improving my knowledge & skill in using QT...Kudos to all.

murthymsr

WebUpdate shows revised NSE scripts. Will check it out.

Others have raved about QT support's speed. Am seeing it in action first hand.
Yes, WL, u r right :clap:

I performed the webupdate just now and I am able to get the quotes. This update might have come up only yesterday, which I failed to notice.

Thanks for your timely help.

murthymsr

I performed the webupdate just now and I am able to get the quotes. This update might have come up only yesterday, which I failed to notice.
The code of the revised NSE pages shows far too much test code and old code as comments. For example, the RELIANCE page shows:

Code:
//alert("hii");
//alert("value of symbok is -->"+fieldVal);
//	getCMOnlineQuoteData('ACC','EQ');
//alert('NIfty data took '+responseTime+' secs to come');
Expect turbulence ahead while they remodify/polish the code. :eek:

I ve been searching for help on quotetracker.... Can any1 please tell me whether is it possible to get Level II data from custom servers in QT & how to use those built in advanced EOD scanners on the stocks in our portfolio?

I have also been playing with paintbars, your above posts & this thread as a whole will be of great help in improving my knowledge & skill in using QT...Kudos to all.
With data source as NSE, QuoteTracker does not parse the Level II/Best 5 data from the site. It would hardly be useful for most symbols given that NSE data updates are about 1 minute. With other data sources such as eSignal, you should be able to see such detail live; though I have not used them.

The EOD scanners use data from TD Ameritrade. It would apply to exchanges that TDA supports. NSE is not currently one of the supported exchanges.

Your contribution to the paintbar thread will be appreciated.

But looks like the QT is no longer free after end of the month. One has to subscribe.
That depends very much on hjow you want to use the program.

NOTE : 3 Ways to get QuoteTracker for Free:
All with free streaming data for up to 600 stocks. Backfill any number (no limit known).

1. The free QuoteTracker has advertisments, and a limit of 2 days data displayed on intraday charts..

2. For those who trade US equities (only)?
Pay for a registration with http://tdameritrade.com/offer/quotetracker.html
(14 USD p.m., 70 USD for 6 months, 120 USD for 1 year.)
Up to 20 days intraday QT charts.

Open and fund a TD AMERITRADE account (2000USAD opening balance.)
Up to 20 days intraday QT charts. (5 USD trades for first year.)

Subscription for more than a minute delayed quotes of NSE only and a trading platform that cannot be used on Indian stock exchanges may not be attractive.
As far as I aware (at present) this is only a problem IF you do not have access to a charting program that can not import intraday data from QT on a daily basis.

I love QT for it's features, stability and ease of use. I wish QT may tie up with some Indian Brokerage house / Bank to provide a fully integrated 3-in-1 trading account.
See my previous reply.