Paintbars in QuoteTracker

I have imported the above mentioned Swing BUY/SELL indicator and the result seem to be different.

There are some green & Red candles and all other candles are black.

I assume that Green candles are buy signal & Red candles are sell signal.

Is it correct. Please comment.
The paintbar rules set the color. You would additionally have to specify what needs to be colored. By default, the color applies to candles and this seems to be what is occurring in your case. The color could also apply to Bands / Shape Bands / Backgrounds.

An example of this is
Only the Buy Arrow is presented here. (Properties: Show On: Shape Below Candle, Foreground, {shape & thickness to suit}).

Use the illustration below as a guide

Hi,

Wishing you a Very Happy & Prosperous NEW YEAR.

Thanks once again for the replies...

I will try to implement the above rules.

Thanks & Regrads,

BALMAL

The paintbar rules set the color. You would additionally have to specify what needs to be colored. By default, the color applies to candles and this seems to be what is occurring in your case. The color could also apply to Bands / Shape Bands / Backgrounds.

An example of this is
Only the Buy Arrow is presented here. (Properties: Show On: Shape Below Candle, Foreground, {shape & thickness to suit}).

Use the illustration below as a guide
HI Lately & MSR,

I have been using the Quotetracker for quite now. Your inputs have helped immensely. Thanks for that.

I am not very good at the technicals aspect. so always trade as per Camarilla Pivots for Intraday. I have basic question for you both.
The camarilla Pivots formula results of the Quote tracker differs wrt my data which I have prepared in the Excel sheet. I need to know that whether the Camarilla pivot formula in the Quote tracker is correct or not. If it is wrong then please tell me how to correct.

Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
BALAJI A

The camarilla Pivots formula results of the Quote tracker differs wrt my data which I have prepared in the Excel sheet. I need to know that whether the Camarilla pivot formula in the Quote tracker is correct or not. If it is wrong then please tell me how to correct.
Balaji, could you please post specific examples and illustrate it with the data values used and the computed Camarilla pivot results.

Balaji, could you please post specific examples and illustrate it with the data values used and the computed Camarilla pivot results.
Hi Lately,

this is yesterday's OHLC
SINTEX - 261.95, 265.95, 258.6, 261.35
HDIL - 325.5, 329.4, 312.8, 316.65

MY EXCEL DATA is: H4, H3, pivot L3, L4
SINTEX - 265.39, 263.37, 261.97, 259.33, 257.31
HDIL - 325.78, 321.22, 319.62, 312.09, 307.52

QUOTE TRACKER DATA IS: H4, H3, pivot L3, L4
SINTEX - 263.72, 262.235, 261.1167, 259.265, 257.78
HDIL - 324.8825 321.2662 319.1333 314.0337 310.4175

Note: To get the Camarilla data on the Quote tracker for tomorrow, we have to run the quote tracker today. if you want see the camarilla data for new script it is not possible.

Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
BALAJI A

this is yesterday's OHLC
SINTEX - 261.95, 265.95, 258.6, 261.35
HDIL - 325.5, 329.4, 312.8, 316.65
Balaji, I cannot figure out the reason why the computed values are different from those shown by QT. Here are some guesses:

1. As per the documentation on the QT website, the description is Nick Stott's "SureFireThing Camarilla Equation" variation of the pivot lines. The formula was supplied by one of our users. The formula used could be different. However, that is unlikely that the computation is different from the one that is widely published (and the one you have used). At least the pivot value of (H + L + C) / 3 should not differ.

2. The OHLC values used to calculate do not match. Note that daily pivots are based on intraday chart values and not from the historical/EOD values. So you should check if your intraday charts show the OHLC values that you mention. For example, my ITC intraday chart of 08/03/10 shows a high of 251.60 while the historical chart shows a high of 251.95. This is a result of QT fetching quotes every 60 seconds or so. In particular, what is suspect is the intraday high/low value; the close value is unlikely to mismatch.

Balaji, I cannot figure out the reason why the computed values are different from those shown by QT. Here are some guesses:

1. As per the documentation on the QT website, the description is Nick Stott's "SureFireThing Camarilla Equation" variation of the pivot lines. The formula was supplied by one of our users. The formula used could be different. However, that is unlikely that the computation is different from the one that is widely published (and the one you have used). At least the pivot value of (H + L + C) / 3 should not differ.

2. The OHLC values used to calculate do not match. Note that daily pivots are based on intraday chart values and not from the historical/EOD values. So you should check if your intraday charts show the OHLC values that you mention. For example, my ITC intraday chart of 08/03/10 shows a high of 251.60 while the historical chart shows a high of 251.95. This is a result of QT fetching quotes every 60 seconds or so. In particular, what is suspect is the intraday high/low value; the close value is unlikely to mismatch.
Hi Lately,

So for calculating Camarilla, is it adviseable to take EOD data or not. I take the EOD data for calculating the same as per excel. If that is not advisable then tell me where do i find the Intraday data wrt Quote tracker or any other resource.

Thanks In Advance,

Regards,
BALMAL 2511