ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

lvgandhi

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

i saw that, seems problem of runtime error with everyone.
I didnt get a enough time to check but found nifty future symbol is not updating in backfill window, when i add l & t equity in odin, that symbol immiditely updated in backfill window n could backfill it. r u using diff method for nf backfill ? like pib or something ? or there is something about symbol update in charts data i am missing ?
I don't do anything special. Start ODIN with a watch list and metastock offline mode. Then start chartsdata. slect ODIN and You will get name of odin watch list. Click on that. windows shows data similar to odin. This data is updated in MS. But the problem is runtime error. Every few minutes start update is not worth it. Aim is to trade spend time for checking data is not good. Loganathan should do something for getting rid of error. But he is not participating in this forum already for many days.

orderflow13

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Got it lv ..
thanks, sadly i dont hv metastock ready to check that one, but my frnd gone through similar problem as u mentioned. You guys already saved my lot of time.We can conclude that we will use this utility when and if tech dump upgrades his utility. till then we have no option but stick on our old data feeders. Hope techdump is bz making his utility more resourceful

johnnypareek

pra i am not able to backfill nifty future data from odin also not able to fetch any future ( f n o ) data.But able to backfill stock equity data.
You talking about equity backfill ?
hi alex,

Till day there was only fut. scripts in my odin and there is no backfill. maybe i am missing something. will try it with cash scrip. Can u guide me how other scrips are getting backfilling. though ***** backfills works.

Please help.

johnny

orderflow13

hi alex,

Till day there was only fut. scripts in my odin and there is no backfill. maybe i am missing something. will try it with cash scrip. Can u guide me how other scrips are getting backfilling. though ***** backfills works.

Please help.

johnny
Hi jhonny
chart data able to backfill it up to last 5 days, u just have to add equity screep in odin it automatically appear on backfill window of chart data ( of it doesnt thn click on ***** and again click on odin eq. will appear ) and clicking on it u can backfill.
I think chart data fetch equity data from ya hoo server so its possible for equity back fill.. but ya hoo doesnt keep future data so no way chart data able to fetch f n o data ...

Friends,

Sorry for late reply, got fed up with the job and can't visit traderji for the past 2 weeks.

Seems like a lot of pplz didn't went thru previous posts. ChartsData won't backfill FnO data's (please go thru my previous posts) and i agree that Run-time error will occur as i already said that the utility is still in the testing phase. ChartsData will not backfill FnO datas as no vendor provides FnO data's for free. Main purpose of this utility is to make use of free data effectively from various sources and especially ODIN data to Charts - a lot of pplz wants this.

Before first release (please go thru first/second page), a lot of users want this utility as they want to test it for themselves and that's the reason i hosted the utility earlier without complete testing. Now i found that a single error message will destroy whole lot of features and users will move out without learning to use the same. This is a good lesson for programmers like me to learn the expectations of end-users and their negative comments.

I will take time to upgrade ChartsData with more features, will undergo rigirous testing to target less error messages. Let me answer your questions once i release my next version and until then, happy diwali and happy trading...

Loganathan

I have created afl for amibroker which will give u volume data on the chart :)

That it uses ***** volumes (total volume traded at that time) and deduct each volume bar with previous bar but problem:( occurs in first bar when afl deduct total volume traded on the bar with last day bar volume which it creates huge negative volume on the chart .

I have created solution

Step -1 Right click on the formula in the chart - parameters
Step -2 Click on "Axis & Gird" then go axes and change scaling from automatic to custom and then make minimum zero

After that it will not show us negative volume on the chart:)

But creates cap max. volume also and do not display first volume of the day

I request members who know afl language as i am new to afl language, can make changes in the formula it does not show negative volume in the chart or put cap on it uses only intraday data only

Last edited:

Dear members,

I removed the old version installation file from r a p i d s h a r e as i am upgrading ChartsData with new features.

Let me take some time to develop, test and release asap, and i assure that it will fulfill all your expectations/suggestions.

Happy Trading...

Loganathan

Dear Lognathan

I would request you, pl, release your 2nd version with some modifcation. Hope that modification required very less time and final modication that will take time which you will release later as per your strategy as version-3 . In 2nd version following modication required---
a) World market update don't want automatically i.e. user selectable automatic or manual. As a result for this setup data download size will significantly reduced & save operating internet cost.

b) Please, create another template which include Dow future, CAC, DAX , FTSE & SGX NIFTY which will help traders to take position with less risk.

Again, this upgrade will not take time from your genius quality. PL, release v--2 immediately with said modification. Thereafter, you will release v--3 as per your plan.

Thanks

Pra

Last edited: