NSE EOD Data Downloader Open Source

Dear Sir, Thanks for creating such a nice software. But again it doesnt solve the requirement for us: ninjatrader users. Alas! Like volumedigger's dataDownloader this software too downloads data Date-wise instead or security or stock-wise. I really wonder why is there no free software to give this option to download data of A few Securities (scrips or stocks) of our choice instead of downloading EOD (historical data) of all the thousands of stocks listed in nse. After all those who trade and need data for charting purpose need data for just a few securities. hat way even database doesnt get over-heavy also. In any case for ninjatrader 7 user, only security-wise Date OHLC Volume data (with date: YYYYmmdd) format can be useful. I wish you also keep these features in mind - putting option to format the data as per need like given in DataDownloader (http://www.volumedigger.com/Software/Data_Downloader.aspx). Thanking you. Manu Adam
It is better to filter out the data via Excel. If you choose to open csv files with excel ( there is an option - I forgot -that the CSV files will always be opened in excel ) you can filter the symbols manually or if you write a simple query it will filter automatically.

I understand the filtering but isnt it ridiculous to first Download data for thousands of scrips and then filter it for 5-10 scrips? Wont it be much better if we have chance to download data for just those scrips we need? Is it so very difficult or impossible to create security-wise data downloader? In any case, I wish there is one.

aryan.

I understand the filtering but isnt it ridiculous to first Download data for thousands of scrips and then filter it for 5-10 scrips? Wont it be much better if we have chance to download data for just those scrips we need? Is it so very difficult or impossible to create security-wise data downloader? In any case, I wish there is one.
Thatz because NSE at eod only gives one file which contains data of all the stocks. If someone has to create an app which will just download data of few companies then the app has to download the eod csv file, search for the selected companies, save the data somewhere. again download the next days eod file, search for the selected companies and so on.

There are no speed benefits since the app has to download the whole eod csv file and the filtering process is very complicated. No one is going to do that for free.

The one I am referring to is version 2.1. Until now I was using version 2 and there notification in the software for version 2.1