NSE EOD Data Downloader Open Source

Thanks Rohit for continued effort on this product.

I wanna add that I have used the software just now and it is working fine. It has downloaded yesterday data including Indices and it is working fine. I have used it from my home network.
Oh!!!..
Sorry for the miscommunication.
A user actually reported me a problem.
I was not able to check it from my home since my Internet was out of action for 3 days :mad:
I thought to inform the users so that they remain patient :(

Will take care next time and cross check before I post.

Apologies once again and thank you for using the software. :D

Rohit,

First of thanks for your superb efforts...!!!:thumb::clap:

Can you add more exchange like MCX and NCDEX. I think your application complete over here...

Regards,

Paresh

Check this link out

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nse-eod

This software downloads the End Of Day Data, both Cash and Futures, of stock market from National Stock Exchange(NSE) of India. The downloaded data can then easily be pumped into leading charting softwares.

Features :

The source code is also available in the downloads section.

For any issues you can contact via :

1. Tradeji Forum

OR

2. Support

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nse-eod/support

3. Forums

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nse-eod/forums

4. Support Requests

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=503741&atid=2048766

5. Feature Requests

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=503741&atid=2048768

Regards,

Rohit

kaly422000

ur application , i think download original volume for indices. if i dnload more than 10 yrs data for nifty, will it take much time.
i dont know how fast is ur downloader . if it is possible for down load bhavcopy for ten years with in a hr.
another fact is that comercial versions do split ,bonus and merge adjustment. if u can work on that, if possible.
i think u can make a low cost comercial version which can detect and adjust split,bomus and merge candidate.
at least detection is good help

RAMDAS

Since you are using it from your office, I believe you are trying to download data between 9am -6 pm.

NSE downloader will not work a few hours before the start time of trading hours till 2-3 hrs after trading hours.
NSE experiences a lot of server hits and thus blocks all downloading activity to reduce server load within 9am - 6 pm.
Request you to please download after 6 pm everyday.

I will add a scrolling notice to the software window so that users are aware.
Thank You for contacting.
Cheers,
Rohit
Hey rohit, thanks for your info regarding NSE server issue.
I was facing some issue for my application develop with Python 3.2.1, which load individual stock EOD from NSE Server, data working sometime cool and sometime download rejection. now i know why it was happening. Thanks

Your Bhavcopy data downloader is realy cool, And Many thanks for being Open Source with Open Heart.

if you have used Python 3.2.1 pl pm me your e-mail contact.

ur application , i think download original volume for indices. if i dnload more than 10 yrs data for nifty, will it take much time.
i dont know how fast is ur downloader . if it is possible for down load bhavcopy for ten years with in a hr.
another fact is that comercial versions do split ,bonus and merge adjustment. if u can work on that, if possible.
i think u can make a low cost comercial version which can detect and adjust split,bomus and merge candidate.
at least detection is good help
It will take a while if you download 10 yrs of data. pm me your mail id I have last 7 yrs of data..only a matter of few MB's.
Also I have already started working on the faster version which is approx. 10 times faster than the current version, although the progress is really very slow since I am not getting any time after I come from office.I am trying my best to release the new version asap.
Apologies and Request your patience.

Also,
It can be made possible to detect splits and bonuses, but for that user will have to keep yesterday's file in the same directory so that the s/w can compare and detect the changes Or I can download todays file and yesterdays file from the server and then compare which will take too much time and also not at all resource friendly as far as server and network bandwidth is concerned.

Also don worry, I am not going to charge money for anything. Suggest me good features like this one and if it sounds good then I will implement them :thumb:

Cheers,
Rohit

Last edited:
Rohit,

First of thanks for your superb efforts...!!!:thumb::clap:

Can you add more exchange like MCX and NCDEX. I think your application complete over here...

Regards,

Paresh
Hi Paresh,
This is something which I am really working on. Just looking for a reliable source. I will update once I have found a solution for it.
Request your patience.

Regards,
Rohit

kaly422000

It will take a while if you download 10 yrs of data. pm me your mail id I have last 7 yrs of data..only a matter of few MB's.
Also I have already started working on the faster version which is approx. 10 times faster than the current version, although the progress is really very slow since I am not getting any time after I come from office.I am trying my best to release the new version asap.
Apologies and Request your patience.

Also,
It can be made possible to detect splits and bonuses, but for that user will have to keep yesterday's file in the same directory so that the s/w can compare and detect the changes Or I can download todays file and yesterdays file from the server and then compare which will take too much time and also not at all resource friendly as far as server and network bandwidth is concerned.

Also don worry, I am not going to charge money for anything. Suggest me good features like this one and if it sounds good then I will implement them :thumb:

Cheers,
Rohit
comercial data venders for metastock eod claim that their data autometically adjusted for split, bonus and name change. me from kolkata and here 3 or 4 venders like that and they charge 2500/ anually. so may be detection software is there.
another fact is that future eod data and index data name sud be changed like nifty will be nsenifty like getbhavcopy . as well as future eod data so that we can also update data folder for which many use getbhacopy of hemen as it is not a stable updater(getbhav of hemen). its a suggetion. if u charge a fraction of a price as i mention for a good utility as a separate version(keeping ur free version also), no one will mind.

ranger123

Hello Friends,

I want to downloads FNO data from the NSE India webside intraday in to the microsoft excel. I has to do my anal sis of the options prices in the excell so I has to get this data. This data has to automatic update accoding to the price change in the nseindia wbside. I not using the webquary thing becaues in that things the excell cell is not save and the new number is come after 1 min refresh, so it is not use by me.

So please tell me if you know the answer to importing intraday nseindia data into the excel.

Thank you and best of luck.

Hi Biggles,

I think you are trying to tell that you want historical data for a single stock instead of all the stocks for a particular day.

If that is what your requirement is then I have already made a note of it.
But I am afraid I will not be able to release it in this version as there are many features which I have already promised to include which might cause a delay to release.
However as soon as I release the new version I will immediately start working on your request.
If not possible I will release a separate downloader for you as suggested by moderator:)
I have made a note of it in my tracker. :)
Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Regards,
Rohit(rohit6699)
Dear Sir, Thanks for creating such a nice software. But again it doesnt solve the requirement for us: ninjatrader users. Alas! Like volumedigger's dataDownloader this software too downloads data Date-wise instead or security or stock-wise. I really wonder why is there no free software to give this option to download data of A few Securities (scrips or stocks) of our choice instead of downloading EOD (historical data) of all the thousands of stocks listed in nse. After all those who trade and need data for charting purpose need data for just a few securities. hat way even database doesnt get over-heavy also. In any case for ninjatrader 7 user, only security-wise Date OHLC Volume data (with date: YYYYmmdd) format can be useful. I wish you also keep these features in mind - putting option to format the data as per need like given in DataDownloader (http://www.volumedigger.com/Software/Data_Downloader.aspx). Thanking you. Manu Adam

aryan.

I really wonder why is there no free software to give this option to download data of A few Securities (scrips or stocks) of our choice instead of downloading EOD (historical data) of all the thousands of stocks listed in nse.
Thatz because NSE at eod only gives one file which contains data of all the stocks. If someone has to create an app which will just download data of few companies then the app has to download the eod csv file, search for the selected companies, save the data somewhere. again download the next days eod file, search for the selected companies and so on.

There are no speed benefits since the app has to download the whole eod csv file and the filtering process is very complicated. No on is going to do that for free.