NSE EOD Data Downloader Open Source

Is it possible to download only the indices data separately?
Step 1 : // Enable the index downloading

Goto
Settings->Config->Download->Index
Check the indexes you want to download

Step 2: //Disable Equity Downloading
Goto
Settings->Config->Equity->Equity Bhavcopy
Uncheck it

Step 3: //Disable Futures Downloading
Goto
Settings->Config->Futures->Futures Bhavcopy
Uncheck it

Step 4: //Disable Currency Futures Downloading
Goto
Settings->Currency Futures->Currency Futures Bhavcopy
Uncheck it

Close the settings window

Enter the date and download.
You will now be able to download only the indexes which you have selected.

Please Note:
By disabling the Equity bhavcopy it looses its sense to detect whether there is an Indian holiday or not (ONLY ON A WEEKDAY) and will throw error only when Stock Market was closed on a Weekday.
However after it crosses that date it will resume its normal downloading without any errors and the APPLICATION WILL WORK NORMALLY and there is no manual intervention required.
Rest it will be able to detect weekends holiday if you have selected the checkbox "Skip Weekends".

Regards,
Rohit

Last edited:
Dear Rohit, it seems that we (zero for java/ programing) cannot use ur utility, if u wants to make it popular then make any exe file and a shortcut on desktop, please think about this. regard nifty46

Hi Rohit,

It seems the software does not work in a LAN or an office environment. Did you experience any issues while using it in a LAN?

Hi Rohit,

It seems the software does not work in a LAN or an office environment. Did you experience any issues while using it in a LAN?
Since you are using it from your office, I believe you are trying to download data between 9am -6 pm.

NSE downloader will not work a few hours before the start time of trading hours till 2-3 hrs after trading hours.
NSE experiences a lot of server hits and thus blocks all downloading activity to reduce server load within 9am - 6 pm.
Request you to please download after 6 pm everyday.

I will add a scrolling notice to the software window so that users are aware.
Thank You for contacting.
Cheers,
Rohit

Hi All,

NSE has changed the way it archives data on its server. :mad:
Due to this none of the data will be downloaded.
Request you all to be patient.:(
I will release an updated version shortly so that you all can download data without any problems.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Rohit

Last edited:
Thanks Rohit for continued effort on this product.

I wanna add that I have used the software just now and it is working fine. It has downloaded yesterday data including Indices and it is working fine. I have used it from my home network.