NIFTY OPTION$ Predictions for Direct Profit

Which of these given below attracts you and is your general trading style ?

• Trading futures.

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Trading Options.

Votes: 44 78.6%
  • Combination of option & fut. using Hedging technique.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Delivery basis.

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Intrday cash segment.

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
Margin requirements in India

Hi 'The Predictor',

I have been following few of the threads here on options and thus came across your post in one of DanPickUp's. Couldn't find a better place to post this query to you, so posting it here.

After quite a bit of research, I have zeroed in on Zerodha for brokerage acct. But later got to know that if I am going for writing options, the margins are pretty high coz of Sebi rules. If I have to calculate ROI for such trades, it is turning out to be a dismal no.

I believe you are also writing options. In that case, how you managing with the margin requirements. Does it even make/making sense to do trading in options with such margin requirements. Or am I missing out something here.

Looking forward to your reply.

Re: Margin requirements in India

Hi 'The Predictor',

I have been following few of the threads here on options and thus came across your post in one of DanPickUp's. Couldn't find a better place to post this query to you, so posting it here.

After quite a bit of research, I have zeroed in on Zerodha for brokerage acct. But later got to know that if I am going for writing options, the margins are pretty high coz of Sebi rules. If I have to calculate ROI for such trades, it is turning out to be a dismal no.

I believe you are also writing options. In that case, how you managing with the margin requirements. Does it even make/making sense to do trading in options with such margin requirements. Or am I missing out something here.

Looking forward to your reply.

Of-course friend margin required is very high .
Actually it depends on situation suppose price of any call/put is soo dam over priced and you can see it clearly that within few days it will give you good profit or at time of expiry than you can write options else buy puts and work that ways. :)
Both are good at their places , just need experience to understand which is best at which time to give you more or say sure profit :)

Thanks for the quick reply friend:)

I am considering options strategies such as short straggles and so on, than just writing options. Will margin requirements reduce for such trades.

Or will yu be able to suggest a broker who can give me a better deal in terms of brokerage(in line with zerodha) and margin requirements, with your experience. Discount brokers would do, I won't be needing much assistance from them except for some queries and support in case of emergencies.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

@blckhwk - dude i will revert you tom. As i am online via my smartphone right now.
@monasona - Market will definetly see 5700 levels soon, Market will sink nicely .
Cheers.

Last edited:

a1b1trader

hi
What is your definition of soon.
Give the time frame. There is nothing like soon in intraday trading

Thanks for the quick reply friend:)

I am considering options strategies such as short straggles and so on, than just writing options. Will margin requirements reduce for such trades.

Or will you be able to suggest a broker who can give me a better deal in terms of brokerage(in line with zerodha) and margin requirements, with your experience. Discount brokers would do, I won't be needing much assistance from them except for some queries and support in case of emergencies.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

See if you are writing options then price required is same as it is fix by sebi but once you are done with your writings then the very next day it depends on your broker how much margin he spares you of that as in Ventura almost 50% of the margin is given back the very next day and then according to market they adjust margin in your account.

Well, in terms of broker if you really looking for low brokerage thn try individual Registered Brokers they can give you awesome deal,facility and even discounts on margin as well , its just that you should be sure enough that they are registered and safe else don't . If not this thn simply ask your current broker what you need and ask him for it , if they say no simple revert thm that you are getting a good deal from x,y,z broker firm and you would like to remove your investment and account from their firm and ask them the procedure for it . They will surely get back to you within hours and possibility is that they ask you to provide some more margin (in case it is less) in your account and they will give you your DEAL . And its very common just be open and straight forward to them . :thumb:

Cheers ,

The Predictor

Guys this fOrum is getting HEAT and getting good number of viewers now and is really helpful in true basis .

Please RATE a 5 to this thread so that we can seek more viewers.

Cheers

THE PREDICTOR