Nifty Futures Positional Trading

prabhsingh

Jamit,

Any strong reason for not going with trend and going against it.We all know that Short term trend us UP bec Nifty itself has lost lot but Intermediate-Longterm is down hence dont you think you go with the trend i.e initiate long positions whereever applicable.

jamit_05

Jamit,

Any strong reason for not going with trend and going against it.We all know that Short term trend us UP bec Nifty itself has lost lot but Intermediate-Longterm is down hence dont you think you go with the trend i.e initiate long positions whereever applicable.
Such disparity happens at potential turning points because of different methods of trend detection.

I look at the daily chart and its pivots for trend detection. For me the trend will not be long till NSE spot closes above 5757.75 march 21st High.

I am looking to short again if price reaches 5703.95 ; One last time, before I become conservative.

jamit_05

Took shorts 5745.95; SL 20 points... little above HOD. This should see the light of day.

Felt a little bitter. My entry was 5749.95 but market just jumped right through that level. Had to take this 4 points slippage... that is 20% more loss if SL hits... so reduced that much qty.

I hate it when this happens !!! aaargghh...

Last edited:

jamit_05

75% positions taken out at NF 5632; waiting for a fall down to get out the rest. Humble target for the month fulfilled. I do not expect April month to show any more generosity.

Will take short positions again when price pullbacks. In the meantime, will finish the book at hand.

jamit_05

Planning my long trade now...

Will take only half the risk since it is an anti-trend trade:

Long 5616.35 + filter of around 5 pts.
SL 25 pts

Target1 5660
Target2 5690

manojborle

Long in, with 5700 CE @ 41.50; SL of 20 points Flat. Target 40 points... 1:2 simple.

Tails on 30, 60 and 120 min charts were encouraging. I know it is a bad habit to take anti-trend trades... but... :)
How do you decide stop loss for options ?
As per price action the tail you are talking about, market will try to go near it before moving up, so if that low is taken out, will the stop loss on option not be triggered ?

I am learning price action, just one query will appreciate if you answer

Thanks