Need for more money

Jai Mata Di

Hi,
Your main problem is expenses are growing faster than salary and it is common problem due to rapidly increasing inflation.
Your immediate solution lies on concentrating how to Reduce Expenses(can achieve faster), not on how to make more money(try later).
Stop worrying too much, bcoz you can see outside there are many peoples live happily with income much lesser than U. Being a s/w developer I know
you are earning decent salary but main problem is expenses are growing faster than salary bcoz of your present life style.
Frankly discuss with your wife about the ways where you can cut present expenses.

Like you can move to a lesser rental apartment which is little smaller or little away from the heart of your city.
Try to cut some unnecessary routine purchases like cold drinks,snacks, fast foods etc, excess bill due to overuse of AC/Heater/Expensive Lighting etc, buying of too much high budget fashion clothes.

Hopefully these ideas will help you get on your way to reducing your monthly expenses.

------------
Then come to next point how can you make more money?

Analise your strong points to making money and giving any additional service to the society. Like teaching. You can teach/guide Computer students (BCA-MCA etc) about S/W development projects in your spare time. You can advertise freely using many online sites like olx etc.

If you are not satisfied with your present salary also keep trying for a better job. But don't rush, take decision slowly. No problem of interviewing for new jobs with better salary.

-------------------
And lastly if you want to make money with trading. It will take time at least 5-7 years (whole process).
You need to learn tech analysis (lots of study mat freely available here and internet). You need to learn about fundamental things about market and economics. Follow CNBC18 to know about economic terms. Then you need to apply your knowledge in the market by doing paper trading. You need to track of every paper trades and build and follow your own systems using some tech indicators. You need to follow live market for paper trading. Buy don't worry. Every markets are same. You can follow Dow Jones at night LIVE for few hours using free charts in Google Finance. Keep track of NSE using your system. You need to know the strength and weakness of your system and indicators you are using. Every indicators are either leading or lagging has some strength or weakness. You can build your system using EMA, MACD, STOCHASTIC, RSI, ADX etc. A trading system is just like a Cricket Bat in Cricket. Every cricketer uses different kind of bat, you need to customize your bat. Then you need to find your strength and weakness just like a cricketer. And finally that bat(trading system) to don't make a cricketer (trader) a Sachin Tendulkar. Finally it all depends on you, your intelligence and psychological strength. To succeed in any profession like doctor/advocate/software developer you need high IQ [Intelligence quotient]. But a successful trader needs both high IQ [Intelligence quotient] and high EQ [Emotional Intelligence]. You can build high EQ [Emotional Intelligence] only by facing adverse condition (trading) again and again.
When you are confident of paper trading after 2-3 years, start trading with small amount. It will take time at least 5-7 years to be a Successful trader. But it can change your life forever. :)
It's worth to give it a try. :thumb:

Best Wishes.
H.C.

nirav_j

Hi guys

This is my personal problem that I wish to discuss with you guys, feel free to reply/abuse or anything to me on this thread.

I am working at a software firm in Mumbai. I always keep on feeling that I need more money, my life would be better if my salary can increase.

My expenses are growing faster then my salary (inflation>increment).

I am married and have one kid, and the household rent burns a huge hole in my pocket. I am unable to dream to buy a house/car with my meager savings.

I have tried almost everything (from past 5 years) to improve my life but it dosnt. Now I am not sure what to do? should I take sanyaas and go to Uttrakand and opean a tea stall. Or should I stop worrying about life and let it take its own path.

Can anyone suggest some solution? How can I make more money?
Hi sabharwal_RK,

I appreciate your efforts to in order to make more money and your aim of improving quality of life for you and your family ... :thumb:

Lance beggs PA trading is very good if mastered well .. If you are having trouble with Relcap, do explore other stocks/instruments and keep at it. The day you would master it, it would keep all monetary issues a bay.

I hope you have checked Avnys thread on lance beggs method of PA Trading. Simply Beautiful .

I remember asking him how long it took him to master trading that method and he'd said 6-8 months of paper trades and another 6-8 months to get it right in real time trading iirc.

In the mean time, you might look at other avenues of making money.
Teaching is a very solid side/extra income, you could use your software/engineering/maths skills to teach ... either pvt tuitions or in coaching classes.

Im actually surprised by the comments of fellow forum members here ..
Why should a guy NOT aim to buy a house or a car ? :confused:

Buying a house in Mumbai has become absolutely difficult for guys who live on rent and have no property to sell and upgrade, but that does not mean that one should not have ambition and work towards it.

TracerBullet

At the very least, track your expenses in excel and check what are the major items where you can reduce.

Increase proportion of salary that is invested as much as possible. More you invest, more it will compound, more you will get in a decade.

Share investment/trading can be hazardous. Unless you are provably good at it, put your major investments in Equity/Debt Mutual Funds. Maintain allocation between them.
Forget about timing now, SIP in good diversifed Equity MF for atleast few years will make it much less risky. You can invest more whenever we get a good crash. We have Best chance for India to grow in the next 5-10 years after last 5-10 years of misrule.

Invest Directly instead of going through distrubutor.
You can search for good funds in Value research, Morningstar, fundsindia.
Example of some good enough funds - HDFC Equity, BSL Frontline, Franklin Prima Plus, ICICI Dynamic. A few midcap funds - HDFC Midcap, Franklin Prima, IDFC PE.

These are basic steps. After that you can try learning trading or anything else. Dont put major money untill you show good results for atleast few months paper trading (or low amount equity trading without leverage ).
I am learning from here. This should be more than good enough to begin. Other material can follow later once trading starts.

toingpoing

Dear member,my sincere advice to you is to stay away from shares and commodities market.To become successful in shares and commodities trading,one of the most important requisite is clear mind,without tensions.Next comes acquiring skill and knowledge.It should be followed by wholesome dedication and time.Last but not the least is adequate capital.If you fail in even any one of these,you will lose all your invested money.Intra day trading,trying to make money,trading in share brokers office taking ridiculous multiple exposures,listening to stupid tips from broker,all Tom,Dick and Harry sitting there,will make you a loser and more depressed.Better get employed in a place more suitable to your qualifications,slowly gain knowledge in share trading and then enter markets in a big way.All the best..

laotze

Dear member,my sincere advice to you is to stay away from shares and commodities market.To become successful in shares and commodities trading,one of the most important requisite is clear mind,without tensions.Next comes acquiring skill and knowledge.It should be followed by wholesome dedication and time.Last but not the least is adequate capital.If you fail in even any one of these,you will lose all your invested money.Intra day trading,trying to make money,trading in share brokers office taking ridiculous multiple exposures,listening to stupid tips from broker,all Tom,Dick and Harry sitting there,will make you a loser and more depressed.Better get employed in a place more suitable to your qualifications,slowly gain knowledge in share trading and then enter markets in a big way.All the best..
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

SexyTrader

Hi guys

This is my personal problem that I wish to discuss with you guys, feel free to reply/abuse or anything to me on this thread.

I am working at a software firm in Mumbai. I always keep on feeling that I need more money, my life would be better if my salary can increase.

My expenses are growing faster then my salary (inflation>increment).

I am married and have one kid, and the household rent burns a huge hole in my pocket. I am unable to dream to buy a house/car with my meager savings.

I have tried almost everything (from past 5 years) to improve my life but it dosnt. Now I am not sure what to do? should I take sanyaas and go to Uttrakand and opean a tea stall. Or should I stop worrying about life and let it take its own path.

Can anyone suggest some solution? How can I make more money?
Simple! First read a few good books on Options Trading and then start DOUBLING or TRIPLING your designated trading capital. Always BUY next month Options and SELL current month Options.....:thumb: Your problem solved if you keep backup money of 2-3 months expenses while you do this!

sabharwal_RK

Simple! First read a few good books on Options Trading and then start DOUBLING or TRIPLING your designated trading capital. Always BUY next month Options and SELL current month Options.....:thumb: Your problem solved if you keep backup money of 3 months expenses while you do this!
Woooh woooh wait a min this cant be so simple dude, u are rich trader with deep pockets may be easy for you boss. But it cant be so simple for sure...

SexyTrader

Woooh woooh wait a min this cant be so simple dude, u are rich trader with deep pockets may be easy for you boss. But it cant be so simple for sure...
We become rich by our knowledge....BILL GATES was a middle-class guy with extraordinary brains but no one sees that!!:thumb: of course he invests now, does not need to trade. But Warren Buffett trades and is a middle-class guy too :)