nac Calling JOBBERS/SCALPERS

nac

Worst trading since I started doing jobbing. It ain't about jobbing. Its about my .... attitude, frustrated with the result of the first trade, disobeyed my rule and method..... I think I got plenty of things to list for today's poor result. :mad:

I should punish myself for my doings. After all taking trading as my career, It ain't good for me and my career If I keep on doing this. I can't blame anything/anyone but myself.

Newbies, I am the best example for what not to do in trading. Please don't do what I did, today. Because of this, I am upset all the day. I don't know how long this is gonna take to come back to normal. I am watching movies, listening music, reading jokes etc to keep my mind out of this. I am trying this to cool myself. :cool:

About 12% lost today. Really really really really really really Its very hard for me write this at this time. I can't able to make this post, but unloading this from my mind will keep it better, I feel. I am far down.

I can't even able to make it when many can do after this many years of trading experience. :eek: I really feel bad... One trading day, testing/jeopardize my trading career. But I ain't gonna loose my confidence on me. This ain't gonna give a damn. You'll see how I am gonna bounce back and kick its butt.

Including my upfront charges, I am down about 26% in 6 trading session. On an average 4.33% a day. Last two days, everything gone ...... :annoyed:

tnsn2345

Dear Nac,

No sympathies to you. Absoulutely no sympathies.

On the contrary I congratulate you on making a GREAT start to your trading / jobbing career. You are down JUST 26% and you are feeling sh*t.

THIS IS THE EXPERIENCE or even worse if you lose more here after, which I really wish, if you sincerely want to make this to be your livelyhood activity.

THIS FEELING can never be felt anywhere else, not by listening, reading books, hearing. Belive me this EXPERIENCE is a MUST and is the foundation stone for trading career.

A few suggestion I would like to make to you:

1) Don't be vocal / expressive of all your feelings in public - you will dilute the learning experience and would commit same or graver mistakes in future. It is your experience and you need to go through it. Enjoy it, feel it, nuture it - get your body, mind and soul adjust to this experience. By sharing it publicly you are losing a big opportunity of learning. You may share it subsequently once you are out of the experience. This applies to Good experience as well as "Learning" experience.
2) Don't be overconfident - getting back with a bang in the market seldom wins. Vengeance trading is a sure receipe of failure.
3) Never target an amount or % gain - i.e. if you are down 26%, don't target to recover it first and so on. Returns - gains (or losses) are market dependedent. Hence adjust yourself to the market on a particular trading day/period instead of adjusting your expected returns to the market.
4) Never ever quit - other than going on vacation or personal engagements. Even if you are feeling down (like now) don't quit. But REDUCE your volume, if need be trade 1/10th, 1/20th, 1/50th or even 1/100th of our normal volume. But don't quit. You may take a break to address the strain / boredom of trading but not due to booked large losses (or even profits otherwise too)

Finally, we all have read /heard it thousands of time. Successful people don't do different things, they do (same) things differently.

p.s. : Tip on Trading: Even for the most successful traders in the world 2 /3trades out of 10 are wrong. Brace with a fact that not all your trades will produce profits. Means SOME (anything above 2 trades out of 10 trades) will CERTAINTLY be wrong. Means exit the wrong trade IMMEDIATELY.

Regards,

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Worst trading since I started doing jobbing. It ain't about jobbing. Its about my .... attitude, frustrated with the result of the first trade, disobeyed my rule and method..... I think I got plenty of things to list for today's poor result.

I should punish myself for my doings. After all taking trading as my career, It ain't good for me and my career If I keep on doing this. I can't blame anything/anyone but myself.

Newbies, I am the best example for what not to do in trading. Please don't do what I did, today. Because of this, I am upset all the day. I don't know how long this is gonna take to come back to normal. I am watching movies, listening music, reading jokes etc to keep my mind out of this. I am trying this to cool myself.

About 12% lost today. Really really really really really really Its very hard for me write this at this time. I can't able to make this post, but unloading this from my mind will keep it better, I feel. I am far down.

I can't even able to make it when many can do after this many years of trading experience. :eek: I really feel bad... One trading day, testing/jeopardize my trading career. But I ain't gonna loose my confidence on me. This ain't gonna give a damn. You'll see how I am gonna bounce back and kick its butt.

Including my upfront charges, I am down about 26% in 6 trading session. On an average 4.33% a day. Last two days, everything gone ...... :annoyed:
see here nac,...this is too big loss i mean your capital will wipe out in 3-4 weeks by this rate....this is true and true for all...same for me same for all...i mean we need to put a cap on our losses ie if say on a particular day losses are greater than 1000 - 2000 - 5000 depending on one's account , then trading must be stopped that day...as you are doing jobbing , so u dont need to know technical analysis etc..but this jobbing expertise comes after practice. so you must stretch your capital to that time when you become expert, to achive this your loss % should be low, so that more the account stertches more experince you will gain.....dont try to recover your losses as it will occupy your mind and obstruct your thinking and right decision making and motivate you to risky trades and more losses...just try trading to make profit not recover losses.. this is my personal experience as i have blown up my account once, fortunately wisdom prevailed and i put some cash for short/long term investment , that % of my capital is safe now..and now i m trying to grow from scratch...... we people take our profits early but we let our losses grow big , hoping & hoping market will move in our direction and net result is small profits and big losses ...this is my story ..& this is story of every newbie.. , my best wishes are with you and with every newbie ..;)

nac

Thank you tnsn and jlo

tnsn - I take everything you said but the first point is bit hard. I am unloading everything here to keep my mind light. Whether profit or loss, this makes me feel better. Can you please suggest on that matter? or Still you are saying what you said?

jlo - Yes, if I am not obeying I would blow this off. You'll see me posting only the green. No more red.

tnsn2345

Dear Nac,

W.r.t the first suggestion in my earlier post:

Hard lessons are learnt only when they are forced onto yourself. To learn from an experience, you need a stable mind not a cool mind.

By being expressive you may gain nothing but sympathy (is this your objective or definition of being a trader / jobber) or advices/suggestion from people whom you don't know. (not that I am doubting TJ members integrity and honesty). More importantly, these suggestions may be from people who might not have had being in such a situation in their lives. And still may have a word or two on this situation to you. This is nothing but noise, which you need to eliminate and not create.

You may want a shoulder at this point of time, but if you get one, you will always need one. Being independent means totally, independent. Supertraders are completely detached to what is happening to their positions, similarly you will need this independence.

Instead, I would suggest you IMMEDIATELY (before you forget in this noise) LIST down things that went wrong, how did you act and how should you have reacted. READ, RE-READ, RE-READ endlessly and basis this write down your own rules, dos and don'ts. Memorise them, paste in front of your computer screen. Read it in the loo. Take a morning jog or a evening walk and rememorise it. BUT DO IT ALL ALONE.

Remember this will be your FIRST list, similarly you will have many such more lists, till you consolidate your learnings into a SMALL set of trading rules which will finally suit YOUR OWN personality. And only after this, you will be ADMITTED to traders category. This could take several months or even years.

Regards,

p.s.: Tip on Trading : By nature and default everyone has bad trading habit, over a period and through OWN learning experiences one can keep bad trading habits away. But still, NO ONE is immune to them, the moment one is lazy or callous they will return.

nac

Dear Nac,

W.r.t the first suggestion in my earlier post:

Hard lessons are learnt only when they are forced onto yourself. To learn from an experience, you need a stable mind not a cool mind.

By being expressive you may gain nothing but sympathy (is this your objective or definition of being a trader / jobber) or advices/suggestion from people whom you don't know. (not that I am doubting TJ members integrity and honesty). More importantly, these suggestions may be from people who might not have had being in such a situation in their lives. And still may have a word or two on this situation to you. This is nothing but noise, which you need to eliminate and not create.

You may want a shoulder at this point of time, but if you get one, you will always need one. Being independent means totally, independent. Supertraders are completely detached to what is happening to their positions, similarly you will need this independence.

Instead, I would suggest you IMMEDIATELY (before you forget in this noise) LIST down things that went wrong, how did you act and how should you have reacted. READ, RE-READ, RE-READ endlessly and basis this write down your own rules, dos and don'ts. Memorise them, paste in front of your computer screen. Read it in the loo. Take a morning jog or a evening walk and rememorise it. BUT DO IT ALL ALONE.

Remember this will be your FIRST list, similarly you will have many such more lists, till you consolidate your learnings into a SMALL set of trading rules which will finally suit YOUR OWN personality. And only after this, you will be ADMITTED to traders category. This could take several months or even years.

Regards,

p.s.: Tip on Trading : By nature and default everyone has bad trading habit, over a period and through OWN learning experiences one can keep bad trading habits away. But still, NO ONE is immune to them, the moment one is lazy or callous they will return.
Your words are very strong.

Don't take it as I am getting into an argument. You can take it as I am not into :argue: I am just writing what I think. Yeah, when we treat trading as business we should have a stable mind to learn and excel in it. But when we traders got frustrated or need to unload our pressure we need to be cool. And that's reason I am writing everything here. It helps not only to pressure off of my mind and I am enjoying very valuable suggestion from you TJ guys.

I assure you that I ain't here for sympathy. :console: I am here for getting guided by you guys towards the right way. Perhaps, some of 'em might not been in a situation where I am right now. But, they could help me out. I am well known where/what went wrong in trading. I have written them here. I am gonna get rid of 'em very soon. That's not gonna happen hereafter. :stop:

Yeah, as you said I should read, re-read memorize and stick 'em in my brain as I remember the answer for 2+2. Thank you very much for your time and sharing your experience. :thanx:

nac

hi Nac,
i think i m going asked stupid question pardon me plz explain what is jobbing?????how u trade with this??
It's a kinda trading where jobber looks for very little price movements and capture the same. Don't hold position for a long time. I came across this term few months ago. I was calling these guys as scalpers. But here in our country many use the term jobbing rather than scalping.

Thanks Nac,
Actually i do'nt now the name last i also suffer heavy loss due to trading like this by just watch which security make day high and low on tarder terminal and select with just imagination it may give me 2 or 3 rs.But everytime when i took position it reverses and book loss.It looks good only when we see that this security going up up and we fall in greed and book losses.I think you also work like that so you suffer huge losses.Now i decide to change the strategy when any price going up i track the same and sell on high it gives 2 to 3 rs every time.Take care.

ss dhiman