My trade setups

Pr Zerodha mein toh glitches hi bhout aate hai...is it a safe platform?
In terms of glitches, you will have that with every platform once in a while. In general, any platform will have errors/glitches for around 10-15 times in a year. Since it is one of the biggest platform, the stakes are too high for them. So you can expect a quick resolution in case the platform is facing any issue.
Also, I am not a day trader so these glitches don't really bother me. Overall, I have been trading through Zerodha for around 3-4 years now and I have been very satisfied with it.

Another stock in my portfolio is ACE. Below mentioned is my analysis-

1. As always, I filter first on the long term. This one held good with strong bullish long term.
View attachment 50322

2. On Intermediate term, it was doing a retest on its recent swing point high. Retesting with a strong bullish long term made the chances of regeneration quite good.
View attachment 50324

3. Now on short term, this was doing another set of retests. Multiple retests on multiple time frames further increases the chances of regeneration. Apart from this, there was quite good support zone build here because of alignment of multiple high volume anchor bars.
View attachment 50325

>> I took a position in this @880. I gave a room of the whole consolidation range on short-term. If the price penetrates further than this range then all the swing point tests and high support points would be failed and the intial thesis would be proven wrong. With that in mind, I kept the stop @ 769.90.
>> I kept a target of 1062 based on the Fibonacci projections. As of now, the price has successfully regenerated from all the swing point tests and nearing the target. It looks like this stock still has momentum in it, so I might not sell at the planned target and keep it for some more time (maybe I will sell a partial position).

I will be making an update post on this once I make any movement in this.
Update on this position-

Today there was a big surge of 13% in this stock. It has already crossed my expected target of 1062 and still looking strong as ever. But nonetheless, I closed 25% of my position @1120 just to be safe and realise some profit. I don't think this would be opening with weakness tomorrow, but in case if it does I will sell some more.
I will try to ride this position as much as I could before it loses the steam.

Update on this position-

Today there was a big surge of 13% in this stock. It has already crossed my expected target of 1062 and still looking strong as ever. But nonetheless, I closed 25% of my position @1120 just to be safe and realise some profit. I don't think this would be opening with weakness tomorrow, but in case if it does I will sell some more.
I will try to ride this position as much as I could before it loses the steam.
Update on this position-

As expected, this opened up with strength even after an overall weak market. Closed another 25% @ 1164.
I have already sold 50% of my position. I don't have any next projected target on this for now. I will try to ride my remaining position with a trailing stop. For now, my stop is around 1105.

Update on this position-

As expected, this opened up with strength even after an overall weak market. Closed another 25% @ 1164.
I have already sold 50% of my position. I don't have any next projected target on this for now. I will try to ride my remaining position with a trailing stop. For now, my stop is around 1105.
Update on this position-

This hit my stop. Sold the remaining 50% of my position @1100

Another stock in my portfolio currently is CGPOWER. Below is my analysis for this.

1. On long term this was very strong bullish, which is a green flag
View attachment 50267

2. On intermediate term, this showed a big move in Nov. Although, the move was not fully actualised as around 60% of it went back down. In fact, this was a good play as there was vol left on the top indicating that price might want to back there again to test this area.
View attachment 50268

3. Post the above-mentioned move, there was a good consolidation that happened for the next 6-7 weeks which is a good sign. This consolidation on short term was a good opportunity to make an entry as it had 3 swing point highs lined up for a breakout. All these swing points were also tested once and failed, but this failure happened with a good test volume, indicating that price might go back again to test these points.
View attachment 50269

>> Another green flag here is the good support formed by the 3 consecutive anchor bars during late Nov. I bought my position around this support area. I am for now targeting the high around 500 where the price went and left good volume. I will reconsider my target once I see how it test this high point. I am considering my stop below the consolidation zone (around 425). Here the price will also breakout on multiple swing point lows.

Update-
On 23rd Jan, the price went down and tested on of the swing point low with strong volume, also failing the strong support formed by the consecutive anchor bars. This indicated that the price can further go down and since there are multiple swing point lows lined up with no strong support under it, the price could have slid down massive in upcoming days. Because of this, I cut my position in half just as a precaution. Anyhow, the price recovered in the next two days and came back again in the consolidation area.

I will update further on this once I make any other move here.
Update on this position-
Today this dropped below my expected supported level. I closed this position @425.
My expectations of this breaking out all the swing points never happened. But in case the price starts moving up, eventually it will go for breaking those multiple swing points. I would buy this again during this breakout.

In terms of glitches, you will have that with every platform once in a while. In general, any platform will have errors/glitches for around 10-15 times in a year. Since it is one of the biggest platform, the stakes are too high for them. So you can expect a quick resolution in case the platform is facing any issue.
Also, I am not a day trader so these glitches don't really bother me. Overall, I have been trading through Zerodha for around 3-4 years now and I have been very satisfied with it.
Okay, that's great....but after hearing about glitches in Zerodha, I started using shoonya... I think it is a nice platform and it provides zero brokerage also.

Another position that I closed recently was CENTURYTEX. I didn't get time to write about this earlier. But anyhow, here is how I analysed this stock-

1. Long term was very promising. It broke out 3 swing point highs and had been bullish ever since.
1707755056277.png

2. On short term, this broke an important swing point neatly with very high volume. Interestingly, after 2 weeks it came back to test this breakout with a very small volume. Generally when such cases exists where price comes for a retest after more than 6 bars, there are very high chances that it will get bought and will further regenerate from the swing point area (probability is around 92% for such cases).
1707755334231.png

3. But before this retest, there was a strong support area made by two consecutive high volume bars. I thought if the market is strong, price can bounce back from this support zone itself and never come for the retest. With this fear, I bought 30% of my intended position at this support point and kept the remaining 70% in case price goes further below this support and finally goes for the retest. The price did go for the retest but I was already invested in other stocks so I didn't buy anything there.

As expected price turned back from the retest zone and hit my target point which was the daily highs. I tried holding it for few more days with the greed that with this momentum it might break this high point as well. It didn't do that and started reversing. I sold all my position @1500.

The next stock in my portfolio is SONACOMS. Here is my analysis-

1. Auto sector in general was pretty strong. It was testing its strong support area in mid-January. It looked ike it would easily regenerate from there. I was looking for an auto stock which would bounce up because of this regeneration. SONACOMS looked promising here as it was also testing important swing point and the price was strongly held with good support.
1707802025672.png

2. The short-term story was also pretty good. It broke-out two swing points with great volume and came for a test later (after 10 bars) with very less volume. it was a high probability bounce scenario.
1707802194976.png

>> I bought this near 580 with an initial target of around 648 (going back to the highs). I kept my stop at around 529 because if the price goes till there then all the swing point tests would have failed and my hypothesis would have been proved wrong.

>> The price regenerated as expected. It came very near my target zone but started reversing with the overall market correction. Although there was nothing wrong with some correction, I wanted to reduce my risk here. I closed 30% of my position @616.35.

>> I still have 70% of the remaining position in my portfolio. I will try to book some more profit once it bounces near 640 area. I will update once I make any move in this position.

The next stock in my portfolio is SONACOMS. Here is my analysis-

1. Auto sector in general was pretty strong. It was testing its strong support area in mid-January. It looked ike it would easily regenerate from there. I was looking for an auto stock which would bounce up because of this regeneration. SONACOMS looked promising here as it was also testing important swing point and the price was strongly held with good support.
View attachment 50384

2. The short-term story was also pretty good. It broke-out two swing points with great volume and came for a test later (after 10 bars) with very less volume. it was a high probability bounce scenario.
View attachment 50385

>> I bought this near 580 with an initial target of around 648 (going back to the highs). I kept my stop at around 529 because if the price goes till there then all the swing point tests would have failed and my hypothesis would have been proved wrong.

>> The price regenerated as expected. It came very near my target zone but started reversing with the overall market correction. Although there was nothing wrong with some correction, I wanted to reduce my risk here. I closed 30% of my position @616.35.

>> I still have 70% of the remaining position in my portfolio. I will try to book some more profit once it bounces near 640 area. I will update once I make any move in this position.
That hump on the short term looks like it could become a head, with the left shoulder already in place.

I have been taking a lot of positions these days. It is getting very tough to update about it real-time. I am trying to post one position a day. Hopefully, in a week or so I will successfully update about all the stocks in my portfolio and then will continue making real-time updates.

For today, I am going to share my analysis on BAJAJHLDNG. I bought this during late-January and have held this as of now. Below is my thesis for this-

1. On long-term, this has been very strong ever since covid drop. It tested an important swing point mid last year and has continued its trend*. This gives confidence that the long-term bullishness is not exhausted and will be there for a while.
(*side note: I prefer stocks which keep on testing there important support points and then regenerate from there, as compared to the ones who are just straight shooting up. The former indicates solid belief in the trend whereas the latter feels more like a bubble which can do a 10-20% correction on any single bad day)
1707886682050.png

2. On short-term, this broke-out 3 big swing points and went for a quick retest the next day. This was a good opportunity to take a position here. Generally, when multiple swing points are broken, it is highly probable that the retest will easily regenerate from there. Also, the overall condition of breakout was very promising as the break was happening on big vol and the test was happening on comparatively very low vol.
1707887231832.png

>> I entered this position @8390. I kept a stop around @7600 because if the price goes till there then all the swing points would have failed by then and it would be penetrating below the daily range. If that happens then it wouldn't be a normal retest and the short-term trend would be shifting to either bearish or sideways at best.

>> I kept a target of 8850 based on the Fibonacci projections but I'll shift this up once I see good momentum in this stock.

>> As of now, the price has successfully regenerated and slowly building upwards. I'll be making a follow-up post once I make any move here.