My experiments with MFs

I am planning to buy some mutual funds through indmoney app. first trying to know the app well then will go.
I am wondering whether it would be better to buy through MFcentral or CAMS. Haven't decided as yet.

Kalinkatichkule

Saving&Budgeting_MUNK
AMFI (Mutual Funds) Classification effective from Feb to Jul-24

Stocks that have been upgraded from midcap to largecap

Jio Financial (New Entry)
Power Finance Corporation
IRFC
Macrotech Developers
Polycab India
REC
Shriram Finance
Union Bank
IOB.

Stocks that have been upgraded from smallcap to midcap

Tata Tech (New Entry)
JSW Infra (New Entry)
IREDA (New Entry)
Mazagon Dock
Suzlon Energy
Lloyds Metals
SJVN
Kalyan Jewellers
KEI Industries
Credit Access Grameen
Exide Industries
Nippon Life
Ajanta Pharma
Narayana Hrudaya
Glenmark Pharma

New Entries to small cap category

RR Kabel Ltd
Cello World Ltd
Honasa Consumer
Concord Biotech
Nuvama Wealth
Happy Forgings
SignatureGlobal
SBFC Finance
TVS Supply
Inox India Ltd
Doms Industries

Any particular reason for looking to use mfuindia? Used it long before emergence of online portals like etmoney, groww etc.. stoped using it long back.

Sent from my Realme1 using Tapatalk
@raju.vzm - Replying in this MF thread.

I have an account with Groww and Mobikwik and Finvasia.

On looking around for a few days only, I realized that these all are basically MFDs (Mutual Fund Distributors) - simply middlemen. They do not offer all the funds on the menu. There are a lot of funds that are not available with them that are available on other platforms.

Hence I stumbled on to mfcentral.com and then CAMS.

Slowly I am realizing that these too are sort of middlemen only, with a limited range of options.

So, if I have to go for a middleman, let me find one that is empanelled with the maximum fund houses and possibly offers the biggest range of MFs available. Hence will try mfu india.

The experiment with various funds has landed me with 161 funds so far :D

I am looking for funds giving IDCW PAYOUT (not reinvestment).

A good part of my search is for debt funds giving weekly payouts.

Guys, what are these FMPs (Fixed Maturity Plans) ??

Their price does not seem to move at all. Are they tradable on the exchanges ? When do I get my money back ? How and when do I get my money back? What is their exit load ?

What is the past performance of such funds ?

Most important, should I put some money in these funds :D

Raj232

I had invested 100 Rs. in this fund some time ago. It didn't seem to be doing anything, so I thought of switching over to another fund.

But it says "insufficient units for switch":(. So how do I know the minimum units required for a switch ?

View attachment 49991

The minimum amount that can be invested in the new fund is the amount (after any deductions) that can be switched.

Raj232

As I mentioned in the General Trading Chat thread, I have been experimenting with mutual funds lately. Below is the screenshot of the summary

View attachment 49971

By having so many funds, the fund houses might have a hard time .. they will need 1 - 2 accountants to do cost benefit analysis seeing this.. :):)

Kalinkatichkule

Saving&Budgeting_MUNK
@raju.vzm - Replying in this MF thread.

I have an account with Groww and Mobikwik and Finvasia.

On looking around for a few days only, I realized that these all are basically MFDs (Mutual Fund Distributors) - simply middlemen. They do not offer all the funds on the menu. There are a lot of funds that are not available with them that are available on other platforms.

Hence I stumbled on to mfcentral.com and then CAMS.

Slowly I am realizing that these too are sort of middlemen only, with a limited range of options.

So, if I have to go for a middleman, let me find one that is empanelled with the maximum fund houses and possibly offers the biggest range of MFs available. Hence will try mfu india.

The experiment with various funds has landed me with 161 funds so far :D

I am looking for funds giving IDCW PAYOUT (not reinvestment).

A good part of my search is for debt funds giving weekly payouts.
how about INDEX funds ??
they have number of index funds also ?

Raj232

The following Mutual funds are participating in the MFU System. MF Utilities offers an easy and convenient system using which Investors and Distributors may make use of MFU System to submit mutual fund transactions both in online mode or in physical mode with these Mutual Funds
mfuindia.com

Q: Does mfuindia provide e-CAS with transaction history ?