My experience with geojit BNP paribas

bunny

Sales and marketing guys are always "Good, pretty, helpful", and more so if they are females.

The true test of service comes in times on need. I think it is too early to write a review considering that you do not even have an activated account.

For instance: I have a trading account with sharekhan. When I was opening my account with sharekhan, I was also all goody-goody about sharekhan. They salesman("Sales Executive") came to my home to collect the documents and complete the procedure. Their software was also great.

But these days, their customer care is horrible. They never pick the call. I have waited many times for over 10 mins holding the line listening to "Your call is important to us. Please be on the line". I have wasted lot of time and money is "being of importance to sharekhan". I am looking to close my account.

I think your "experience" with geojit is yet to begin.

vasa1

I guess you are alluding to Superman :).

My experience with Geojit is more than ten years, of which the last two are as an online client.

Overall, they haven't (yet) cheated me, but they aren't generous. One has to pay for most things that many other brokers seem to give out for free.

In terms of efficient service, I have not yet found fault. Even their toll-free helpline is largely accessible, though on Friday I was asking questions about their new platform and I think the guy hung up on me :p.

bunny

I guess you are alluding to Superman :).

My experience with Geojit is more than ten years, of which the last two are as an online client.

Overall, they haven't (yet) cheated me, but they aren't generous. One has to pay for most things that many other brokers seem to give out for free.

In terms of efficient service, I have not yet found fault. Even their toll-free helpline is largely accessible, though on Friday I was asking questions about their new platform and I think the guy hung up on me :p.
Yes, that post was directed to Superman.

superman

Sales and marketing guys are always "Good, pretty, helpful", and more so if they are females.

The true test of service comes in times on need. I think it is too early to write a review considering that you do not even have an activated account.

For instance: I have a trading account with sharekhan. When I was opening my account with sharekhan, I was also all goody-goody about sharekhan. They salesman("Sales Executive") came to my home to collect the documents and complete the procedure. Their software was also great.

But these days, their customer care is horrible. They never pick the call. I have waited many times for over 10 mins holding the line listening to "Your call is important to us. Please be on the line". I have wasted lot of time and money is "being of importance to sharekhan". I am looking to close my account.

Yes you are right bunny
Its been just say 2-3 weeks after my account has been activated but so far so good :)
I would surely point out any negatives as i found them :)
And my account is already activated 2 weeks ago itself and i have purchased some shares too last week.

As i said i am a position trader or long term investor and for me geojit has given good service so far.

Negatives are Minimum brokerage charges of 20 rs per purchase(0.3% otherwise for delivery).This is hurting a small amount investor like me :(

Sm,
I'm trading with geojit for last ten months.Their customer support is very good.As you mentioned the only draw back is high brokerage. Equity intraday 0.03% and delivery 0.30%.
F&O is even higher 75 rs per lot one side.

pasha

I used to have an account with them. Changed when I found that most brokers were offering 0.2 and rs50 in options.
They are honest, but their brokerage is too much. Even though they are losing customers left and right, they are still trying to hang on to those inflated %age.
In Dec, even ICICI which is the highest had a scheme for rs25 in options.

vasa1

I used to have an account with them. Changed when I found that most brokers were offering 0.2 and rs50 in options.
They are honest, but their brokerage is too much. Even though they are losing customers left and right, they are still trying to hang on to those inflated %age.
In Dec, even ICICI which is the highest had a scheme for rs25 in options.
Net profit of Geojit BNP Paribas Financial Services rose 11327.27% to Rs 12.57 crore in the quarter ended December 2009 as against Rs 0.11 crore during the previous quarter ended December 2008. Sales rose 110.18% to Rs 66.71 crore in the quarter ended December 2009 as against Rs 31.74 crore during the previous quarter ended December 2008.
Could be a typo. Could be a low base effect. Could be they aren't losing customers left and right. Whatever.

I opened an account with Geojit last month and I was promised 0.01% [Intraday] per transaction, under their Advance brokerage scheme, for which I paid Rs. 10,000 as advance brokerage. However, to my horror, I discovered that I was being charged 0.06%. Their customer support is lousy. They always keep saying that your brokerage is being reversed to you 2 days later, which is true, but at what rate? At 0.06%, which I have already paid in advance. Can I complain to SEBI about this?

vasa1

I opened an account with Geojit last month and I was promised 0.01% [Intraday] per transaction, under their Advance brokerage scheme, for which I paid Rs. 10,000 as advance brokerage. However, to my horror, I discovered that I was being charged 0.06%. Their customer support is lousy. They always keep saying that your brokerage is being reversed to you 2 days later, which is true, but at what rate? At 0.06%, which I have already paid in advance. Can I complain to SEBI about this?
This is hilarious! If you paid or are charged 0.06% brokerage, that's exactly double the rate they take from the aam aadmi without any "Advance brokerage scheme"!

Incidentally, I can't find such a scheme on their web-site. Could you post a link or mention how you got this offer? I can then ask my branch for details with a little more authority.

As far as complaining to SEBI goes, it is your right! Why do you have to bother what others feel?

superman

Yikes ... even for normal customers the rate is 0.03% intraday !!!!
What is the amount you did the transaction since there is a minimum brokerage charge i think for intraday too(for delivery the minimum brokerage charge is 20rs/-)...?