My EOD Stock trades......updated regularly Part 2

What kind of stock market returns p.a. would you be happy with on a consistent basis?

• 12-20% (Beating Fixed Deposits & Inflation)

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • 50%+

Votes: 39 33.1%
  • Whatever the market gives (Negative to 0 to 100%+)

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters

rh6996

Open Positions:

1) Mindtree bought on 14th Aug @ 642, TSL below 657. CMP - 696.9
2) Bajaj Finance bought on 11th Sept @ 1076, SL below 1029. CMP - 1093.65
3) Atul Ltd bought on 12th Sept @ 310.7, SL below 293.8. CMP - 319.95
4) V Guard Ind bought today (20th Sept) @ 407.3, SL below 372.8. CMP - 399.5

Note: Words in Bold denote a change from the last post (esp. SL).

Pm_shah - Done.
Nice to know that you bought VGuard... had bought 90 shares ~392 a couple of days back.... now am getting the SL levels!! Thanks so much NT ! :D

rh6996

Just curious... with the almost one sided market move in last few weeks , you seem to have just held on to the positions and did not add any other stock till today!! The system did not give any Buy signals or signals were there but you decided not to take position?

Nifty Trader

Just curious... with the almost one sided market move in last few weeks , you seem to have just held on to the positions and did not add any other stock till today!! The system did not give any Buy signals or signals were there but you decided not to take position?
I understand where you are coming from. See, for me the most imp. thing is to look at individual stocks, identify the most favourable ones and then enter at the right time irrespective of market conditions i.e. I would buy them even if the market was bearish. Of course, a lot of times if the market is bearish some of these potential entries would be delayed as those stocks might also be falling and hence not giving an entry.

Right now whats happening is the money is chasing the large caps and mid caps are not performing. I believe in just buying the most appropriate stocks as per my line of thinking and then wait for the market to prove me right or wrong as the case may be. When the large caps have exhausted their move the mid caps will move but since its impossible to predict when this will happen, the second best thing is enter and wait.

I will also not buy something just because it is going up leaps and bounds. There needs to be a convincing enough trading set-up as well. Only then can one be confident in holding the position. Again, all traders have different methodologies and risk appetites and I am not saying this is the only way it should be done. Just that this approach has worked for me so no reason to change it just because the markets are behaving differently :D

Nifty Trader

Open Positions:

1) Mindtree bought on 14th Aug @ 642, TSL below 657. CMP - 689.35
2) Bajaj Finance bought on 11th Sept @ 1076, SL below 1029. CMP - 1090.85
3) Atul Ltd bought on 12th Sept @ 310.7, TSL below 302.8. CMP - 323.3
4) V Guard Ind bought on 20th Sept @ 407.3, TSL below 380.4. CMP - 407.5
5) Bajaj Finserve bough today (21st Sept) @ 789, SL below 727.8. CMP - 779.5

Note: Words in Bold denote a change from the last post (esp. SL).

rh6996

I understand where you are coming from. See, for me the most imp. thing is to look at individual stocks, identify the most favourable ones and then enter at the right time irrespective of market conditions i.e. I would buy them even if the market was bearish. Of course, a lot of times if the market is bearish some of these potential entries would be delayed as those stocks might also be falling and hence not giving an entry.

Right now whats happening is the money is chasing the large caps and mid caps are not performing. I believe in just buying the most appropriate stocks as per my line of thinking and then wait for the market to prove me right or wrong as the case may be. When the large caps have exhausted their move the mid caps will move but since its impossible to predict when this will happen, the second best thing is enter and wait.

I will also not buy something just because it is going up leaps and bounds. There needs to be a convincing enough trading set-up as well. Only then can one be confident in holding the position. Again, all traders have different methodologies and risk appetites and I am not saying this is the only way it should be done. Just that this approach has worked for me so no reason to change it just because the markets are behaving differently :D
Thanks for your candid reply.
"The way you look at the Stocks to identify the most favourable one is based on what you have been taught. Also whether or not the Trading Setup is convncing is also comes from what the training imparts."
Am I correct? Are you assited in taking these decisions even after the training period is over?
However, I may be wrong, but quiet a few Midcaps have risen in past few weeks along with large caps!

Nifty Trader

Thanks for your candid reply.
"The way you look at the Stocks to identify the most favourable one is based on what you have been taught. Also whether or not the Trading Setup is convncing is also comes from what the training imparts."
Am I correct? Are you assited in taking these decisions even after the training period is over?
However, I may be wrong, but quiet a few Midcaps have risen in past few weeks along with large caps!
Yes to both the queries in quotes.

There is assistance available throughout the year from the mentors. Queries can be raised either on an online forum, on the phone, or weekly mentor sessions (physical as well as online webinar). I personally have not taken assistance in choosing stocks for more than the last 1 year but I do attend the weekly mentor sessions.

You may be right. Other midcaps may have performed (havent checked in great detail). Unfortunately, mine havent so far :)

Last edited: