Eod Data Backup For Amibroker, Metastock Or Tradestation

swagat86

Hi guys,

im starting a thread to provide with data backup in metastock format for all NSE stocks from 2001-2007 and nifty from 1996-2007.

this data can be used in any sw like Ami, meta or TS.

How to use it??
Amibroker-
Step1- Unrar the file in a paricular folder.'
Step2- Select File in ami, then import Metastock Data.
Step 3- Chosse the folder using BROWSE, select ALL or Select the symbols u want to load. Click import.

Metastock-
Just follow step 1 ffrom above. and then in Metastock choose OPEN to open any chart from the Databse.

Tradestation-
step 1. open notepad type BMBSE,23
save it as custexch.txt.
go to windows > program files> tradestation folder>CAL folder. paste custexch.txt into CAL folder.
now your custom exchange is ready.
step 2. (importing metastock eod data)
open TS offline.
click file>new>window. In window click tool > chart analysis
an empty window will open. right click empty window, then click format symbol. in format symbol
click lookup>add .in add/ edit change type to metastockand click browse and goto the metastock data folder in your computer.
In prefix type MY click ok. now symbol list will appear selsect any symbol eg acc click ok

now select interval to daily,weekly etc. in range select first and last dates
select time zone to exchange. click ok

Il update it every week.

Update
Week ended june 1, 2007
nse adjusted.rar

Update
Week Ended June 8, 07.
nse adjusted as on June 8th.rar

Update
Week Ended June 8, 07.
nse adjusted as on June 15th.rar

Download instructions= Scroll down the page, enter the code into the blank and click download.

thanks

Last edited:

swagat86

il try to adjust how much i can, till now, all major stocks have it done. Although im workin on it. Within a few weeks i think all data will be adjusted one's.

thanks

RSI

Hi Swagat,
Many thanks for your painstaking efforts. However, I have one suggestion to reduce a portion of your workload.
1. Have you considered the NSE data file posted by Sowmya in Neat and Clean Database thread? I think Sowmya has adjusted the data up to that date for bonus and split. If you can add adjusted data to that file for the remaining period, I think that will do the job.

I badly need BSE database adjusted for splits and bonus etc.
Your help will be appriciated by all members.
Thanks and regard
R. S. Iyer

swagat86

well problem is i dont realy trade the small volume stocks. So dont keep tab. but il definitely try to get u the BSE database too. And also the bonus adjustmenst.

thanks