My EOD Stock trades......updated regularly Part 2

What kind of stock market returns p.a. would you be happy with on a consistent basis?

• 12-20% (Beating Fixed Deposits & Inflation)

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • 50%+

Votes: 39 33.1%
  • Whatever the market gives (Negative to 0 to 100%+)

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters

Nifty Trader

Open Positions:

1) Mindtree bought on 14th Aug @ 642, TSL below 657. CMP - 747.45
2) Suzlon shorted on 27th Aug @ 15.95, SL above 15.85. TSL Hit. Exited @ 15.95. Breakeven trade.
3) Bajaj Finance bought on 11th Sept @ 1076, SL below 1029. CMP - 1098.85
4) Atul Ltd bought today (12th Sept) @ 310.7, SL below 284.8. CMP - 312.8

Note: Words in Bold denote a change from the last post (esp. SL).

Snippets:

Mindtree now Rs. 100 up from entry price in a month's time.

Nifty Trader

Open Positions:

1) Mindtree bought on 14th Aug @ 642, TSL below 657. CMP - 723.7
2) Bajaj Finance bought on 11th Sept @ 1076, SL below 1029. CMP - 1092.55
3) Atul Ltd bought today on 12th Sept @ 310.7, TSL below 293.8. CMP - 310.3

Note: Words in Bold denote a change from the last post (esp. SL).

Snippets:

Some people might be wondering why our stocks didnt move today when the overall market did brilliantly. Well, today was the day of the large caps. It generally is when a lot of good macro news comes out. We had positive action from the European Central Bank earlier this week and now the Federal Reserve last night has followed suit. Good news also from the Indian govt. which raised diesel prices and put a cap on no. of LPG cylinders per household. Bad news for the common man but good for the government and hence, the markets. Also, some extremely positive decisions such as FDI in aviation, multi brand retail as well as divestment of PSU's will ensure that this rally still has some steam left. As they say, news always comes in a flood - whether good or bad.

To reiterate my earlier point, the Sensex and Nifty were up more than 2.5% each today while the Midcap index was up less than 1%. The Small Cap index fared even worse, up by less than 0.5%. The worst thing a trader (esp. a positional one) can do in such situations is go running after the stocks which are going up. Better to relax and let the market come to you. As long as you have done your homework well before buying, there is no reason to change your stance. Remember the earlier times when the large caps were languishing when we were busy making 50% returns in individual midcaps :)

Nifty Trader

Hi NT,

Great going, - carry on making money,

Going great guns - you have become a successful trader using your System.

All the Best n

Cheers n Thanks,

Regards,

Sannjay
Thanks Sannjay. Good to hear from you. Hope you are well.

Its all due to the system and my mentors as also the good wishes of fellow traders like yourself and several others who keep visiting this thread and post words of encouragement :)

Hello Nifty Trader

I like the way you trade with clarity and free from any emotions, though the system provides you with the number of stocks to choose from, you make an effort to filter provided alternatives. Can a person with basic technical analysis knowledge use this system? I would like to have some information about the system.

My email id is [email protected]

Happy Trading

Thanks and Regards
Shailender Bali

Last edited: