My EOD Stock trades......updated regularly Part 2

What kind of stock market returns p.a. would you be happy with on a consistent basis?

• 12-20% (Beating Fixed Deposits & Inflation)

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • 50%+

Votes: 39 33.1%
  • Whatever the market gives (Negative to 0 to 100%+)

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters

rh6996

Yes. The stocks that I trade are from a pool / list of stocks provided by the training team each week. Final discretion is mine on which ones to trade. The software also assists in my final shortlist as it has an indicator which is incredibly effective for judging overbought / oversold conditions.
Thanks for you reply NT.
Till how long is the "hand holding" done ? By when one becomes capable of taking independent decisions with the help of just the Software?
How long is it that you did the training?

Nifty Trader

Thanks for you reply NT.
Till how long is the "hand holding" done ? By when one becomes capable of taking independent decisions with the help of just the Software?
How long is it that you did the training?
Hand holding or mentoring is for life / as long as someone wants it. Timeframe for becoming independent depends frankly on the individual. It can take as little as 2 weeks to 6 months depending on willingness to learn. Biggest problem in the markets is the baggage that people come with. People also try to outsmart the system. Dunno why you would wanna do that but it happens.

Reggie

Thanks NT.

It has been a long and at times a painful journey. The best lesson that I imbibed was learnt from the school of hard knocks.

I realised that I did not want a 925 job, and instead wanted to to trade independently. I started trading while working, and after over 18 months of trading parttime, gave up a very good job as well. My colleauges thought I was nuts.

I now spend about 10 hours days (market hours) + atleast 1 hour before and post market hours looking at all charts (daily + 30 minutes intraday) atleast twice for all the scripts in futures everyday.

Besides I am always looking to learn and it is here on TJ that I came across your thread (thanks again). I consider myself a lifelong student of the market, and am on a quest to improve the quality of my trading - in terms of RR ratio, no. of profitable trades, and taking stressfree trades. This will always be a life long quest.

Forgot to mention Reggie that the 2-5k profit that you are able to achieve every day is a commendable effort indeed. I am sure a lot of traders would love to be in your shoes :clapping:

Open Positions:

1) Granules India bought on 2nd Aug @ 144, TSL below 193.9. TSL hit. Exited @ 192.6. Profit = 33.75%
2) BEML shorted on 9th Aug @ 309.5, TSL above 287.5. TSL hit. Exited @ 288.35. Profit = 6.83%
3) Mindtree bought on 14th Aug @ 642, TSL below 634. CMP - 677.45
4) Suzlon shorted on 27th Aug @ 15.95, SL above 15.85. CMP - 15.10

Note: Words in Bold denote a change from the last post (esp. SL).
short traders are for future only?. how you calculate tsl and sl?

Nifty Trader

No new trades for a long time??

Regards
Ravinder
Have a few good looking set-ups available but unless they trigger, cannot enter :) Also, I am very selective about the stocks I wanna trade. No point trading just for the sake of trading. Prefer to wait for opportunities which are compelling and where the odds are very favourable.

Not trading is also a position. This might save us from losses which we then dont have to try and recover :)

Last edited: