Mutual funds General Discussions

I was wondering about one silly question......One can invest in funds through SIP route But If someone invests in a mutual fund manually(regular same investment) every month - is that Exactly equivalent of making a monthly SIP? (other than convenience part ofcourse)

I was wondering about one silly question......One can invest in funds through SIP route But If someone invests in a mutual fund manually(regular same investment) every month - is that Exactly equivalent of making a monthly SIP? (other than convenience part ofcourse)
Thats correct both are the same if you do regularly on the same day

Yes of course, exactly the same.

Earlier there was a funda that some AMCs charged you no or lesser entry load if you did an SIP. That has changed.

Now you can invest direct with the AMC (without a distributor) and you don't have to pay entry load. SIP or manual.

definitely manually systematic investment can be totally controlled by us as per the market situation(though we can not predict completely) and we even can pump more money in the bearish market or if there is sudden downfall in the market to get the advantage of situation.
But to achieve a concept "accumulative sum " of SIP needs a regular and desciplined investment.

few days back I went for my first investment in a Reliance Mutual fund.
I wanted to opt for the 'online transaction' facility after the first initial investment for ease of handling for future investments.
BUT the person at the service desk informed me that Once I opt for 'online transaction' & make a web transaction, I will not be able to access their services via the common offline method.
Like I will not be able to redeem from the service center, ask for account statement etc..... I will have to do everything online.
He seemed to be pretty sure about it & said it is the same with most of the AMCs. He mentioned he found this in past while trying to process a similar redemption request from one person who opted for 'online transaction'

But from my understanding while investing through some online brokerage site like icicidirect might disable us from using direct offline service center of an AMC. The online facility provided by the AMC should not do so,.

Can anything who had previous any such experience or know about this through some light on this. Cause I dont want to block my off line privileges but would like to avail online ease time to time.

few days back I went for my first investment in a Reliance Mutual fund.
I wanted to opt for the 'online transaction' facility after the first initial investment for ease of handling for future investments.
BUT the person at the service desk informed me that Once I opt for 'online transaction' & make a web transaction, I will not be able to access their services via the common offline method.
Like I will not be able to redeem from the service center, ask for account statement etc..... I will have to do everything online.
He seemed to be pretty sure about it & said it is the same with most of the AMCs. He mentioned he found this in past while trying to process a similar redemption request from one person who opted for 'online transaction'

But from my understanding while investing through some online brokerage site like icicidirect might disable us from using direct offline service center of an AMC. The online facility provided by the AMC should not do so,.

Can anything who had previous any such experience or know about this through some light on this. Cause I dont want to block my off line privileges but would like to avail online ease time to time.
Hello!
I am surprised to read this. I use to do dual investments like you said but never faced such a problem, though I have still not tried 'redemption' in a crossed manner.
Anyways, confirm the things by calling at 1800- 300-11111 or writing to [email protected]. Let all of us know the outcome.
mr india

Re: Direct Investment in Mutual Funds

Hello All

1. If I apply ELSS MF on 25th Feb. 2008 in MF and MF Trustee declares dividend date i.e. 1 March 2008 on same day , so should i eligible for dividend or not?

2. Should I carry "Application form of particular MF" before to go CAMS office?

Bye

What does "TIGER" and "APEX" in a fund name stand for?

I've noticed these 2 terms from time to time and just wonder if they indicate a type of fund scheme or something like that?:)

Re: What does "TIGER" and "APEX" in a fund name stand for?

TIGER is the abbrivation of 'The Infrastructure Growth and Economic Reforms. APEX may also be the same kind of abbribation. Such names are used to make the fund look attractive to common investors

magnet

Selling Mutual Funds

I have bought many Mf but havent sold once yet...i have bought this tata mid cap fund way bak in 2005 with dividend option as i have lot of liability i expected will get some money to pay bak...but they havent issues single dividend so thinking to sell it..I bought it while opening new account with hdfc....

Now while selling whats the formality and what are the charges going to apply...plus how come i know does it have 3 years lock in or not???Also present nav shows ill get 8840 for 5000....So what else will get deducted....
ALso what abt Mf which i bought from a investment agency???

Here is the link
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/4640/imgzk8.th.jpg